Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel Levy: Spurs chairman says Premier League transfer spending unsustainable

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For WBA yes, but not Watford :lolol:

I expanded your point to discuss WBA, with an "And...".

We're at cross purposes.

WBA achieve league positions way above their payroll bill and squad cost.

Expanding it further. Look at Villa on the table. What a joke, paying that and ending up with a squad of 25 embarrassing mercenaries in 2015/16, who most people thought were going down from October.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I expanded your point to discuss WBA, with an "And...".

We're at cross purposes.

WBA achieve league positions way above their payroll bill and squad cost.

Apologies, I misread.
To answer your q' I'd agree he (Pulis) does have a habit of keeping things afloat, even if it's not what everyone wants :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It does show that plucky little Bournemouth did well to survive given their wages are over 10% below that of the next club.

We'll have to wait quite a few months, but I would guess that the wages figures at the following clubs would have accelerated hugely in 2016/17:

Everton - Moshiri throwing money in desperation to compete with far bigger clubs.

Palace - Parish & the new joint owner likewise (Benteke), but also in desperation to stay up the wages effect of the spending spree of Fat Sam.

Bournemouth - again a billionaire owner giving Howe all he needs.

ManUre - Mourinho always spends massively.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We'll have to wait quite a few months, but I would guess that the wages figures at the following clubs would have accelerated hugely in 2016/17:

Everton - Moshiri throwing money in desperation to compete with far bigger clubs.

Palace - Parish & the new joint owner likewise (Benteke), but also in desperation to stay up the wages effect of the spending spree of Fat Sam.

Bournemouth - again a billionaire owner giving Howe all he needs.

ManUre - Mourinho always spends massively.

The STCC rules are aimed at reducing the amount of any new TV deals that end up in players' wage packets. These savings can presumably be passed onto fans in the form of lower ticket prices....or given to club owners, but I'm sure the latter won't happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here