Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Where did this buy out clause idea come from. I am sure Andy Naylor said we don't do buy out clauses with the exception of Mooy.

If Newcastle offered about £16m I would accept but only cause that is what we seemed to have paid for the Polish and Paraquay youngsters and I like the idea of spending what we bring in, in a transfer window.

In all honesty £10m is about fair for him and if he wants to go home then we should say thanks and enjoy the rest of your career, then give Roberts more of a chance.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Like when old whatsisname wanted to go to Burnley? ???

It will all be down to what Mr Bloom decides, based in part on what Mr Potter recommends.

You may recall the Ben White affair......

The club will only shrug its shoulders and piously fail to stand in the way of the player's heartfelt desires when those desires (and the price) mach those of the club.

We're not little old humble 'God Bless You Guv'nor can you spare me a shilling, oh thank you guv'nor', Brighton. Any more.

I agree the final decision will be with Bloom , I guess what I was trying to get across was that this story will go no where if Burn is not interested in a move and I have seen nothing which says he wants to go even though he is/was a NUFC fan. To add to that I can't see Potter wanting him to go unless perhaps it was £30m and the money was to be spent on a striker.

I think the other two transfers had slightly different backgrounds. Whatsisname was a key player for us and Burnley were offering peanuts so not a good deal. In the case of Ben White I think that TB took a chance on Ben doing well in the PL as he knew he would sell him at a better price after a years PL experience. BW was persuaded that the club would let him go to a big club and where he would get more money as would the club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Am I the only one here thinking, it’s not what he’s worth in the market, it’s what he’s worth to us…
I would suggest his surging runs, and fantastic displays recently, make him worth to us considerably more, 20 million or piss off.
If we can spunk money on DJ’s and kiss it goodbye basically, then we don’t need 10 million.

Newcastle feck off, again

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I agree the final decision will be with Bloom , I guess what I was trying to get across was that this story will go no where if Burn is not interested in a move and I have seen nothing which says he wants to go even though he is/was a NUFC fan. To add to that I can't see Potter wanting him to go unless perhaps it was £30m and the money was to be spent on a striker.

I think the other two transfers had slightly different backgrounds. Whatsisname was a key player for us and Burnley were offering peanuts so not a good deal. In the case of Ben White I think that TB took a chance on Ben doing well in the PL as he knew he would sell him at a better price after a years PL experience. BW was persuaded that the club would let him go to a big club and where he would get more money as would the club.

Yeah, this.

There seems to be an assumption that because it's where he grew up, the North East is where he wants to be.

He may be extremely happy in Sussex, and like many people, he may not want to return to where he grew up.

Also, I agree with [MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION]. Newcastle can **** off.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Where did this buy out clause idea come from. I am sure Andy Naylor said we don't do buy out clauses with the exception of Mooy.

If Newcastle offered about £16m I would accept but only cause that is what we seemed to have paid for the Polish and Paraquay youngsters and I like the idea of spending what we bring in, in a transfer window.

In all honesty £10m is about fair for him and if he wants to go home then we should say thanks and enjoy the rest of your career, then give Roberts more of a chance.

Marc Cucurella had a buy out clause. So did Andone.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Am I the only one here thinking, it’s not what he’s worth in the market, it’s what he’s worth to us…
I would suggest his surging runs, and fantastic displays recently, make him worth to us considerably more, 20 million or piss off.
If we can spunk money on DJ’s and kiss it goodbye basically, then we don’t need 10 million.

Newcastle feck off, again

Absolutely where I’m at! £20-25m at least, and because it’s Saudi FC add another 20% and donate to Amnesty International.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I agree the final decision will be with Bloom, I guess what I was trying to get across was that this story will go no where if Burn is not interested in a move and I have seen nothing which says he wants to go even though he is/was a NUFC fan.

If(and it’s a big IF), there has been a bid, the bidding club has surely done it’s due diligence on whether or not the player wants the move?

If there was no interest from Burn, I doubt a bid would have taken place.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If(and it’s a big IF), there has been a bid, the bidding club has surely done it’s due diligence on whether or not the player wants the move?

If there was no interest from Burn, I doubt a bid would have taken place.

Hang on Sir, normally yes your correct, any normal club would probably undertake some kind of assessment to see if said target is interested.

However this is Murder FC, and they don’t need to, because they Murder FC, and they make offers you can’t refuse.
Not forgetting they are also approaching so many players, they can’t possibly check them all.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Does DB get into our strongest 11??? Sell for £15m

IMO the answer is yes .
a) he has been very good in last 5 games
b) the team is playing the ball a lot quicker out from the back
c) he has conquered his height issue and now looks like a genuine goal threat.

He stays in the team at the cost of Dunk tho the concept of strongest 11 is a bit outdated when you have squad rotation either whether its for for fitness, keep people happy or just tactics.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Marc Cucurella had a buy out clause. So did Andone.
In their Brighton contracts ?

Tony is on record as being very against putting them in his player contracts.

Now no one knows without seeing Burn's contract but most likely Burn's fabled release clause is just "someone on the Internet's guess".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here