[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Would any of us have believed 18 months ago that we'd end up getting that kind of money for him? He's rarely let us down when called upon as a utility option and has played particularly well recently, but ultimately, he's our third best left wing back and 5th best centre back- he wouldn't have had a look in if we hadn't had the injuries we've had at the back this season. It's a nice move for him as well I suppose, even if the chances of him being surplus to requirements in a few months time is high.

Wish him well personally, but will still be hoping they get relegated (even though they will likely stay up comfortably).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I do wonder if he’ll struggle at Newcastle. He’s done well here recently but I think a lot of this is down to our defensive organisation and playing alongside much better players. Howe isn’t known for making his teams solid so I can imagine Burn being left regularly exposed.

This is absolutely my expectation too. Playing in a shambolic defence, with little cover from a bang-average midfield his lapses will be punished.

Fully expecting the very same gleeful tea-towel wearing tosspots, currently on twitter making out they’ve mugged us, for a Geordie Beckenbauer , will be abusing him within a month.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I think BDB is a great example of a player only being as good as those around him in a team playing a system they have perfected over a couple of seasons. This won't be the case at the Sportswashers and he could well return to being bambi on ice with regular wtf moments. Newcastle most certainly haven't mugged us off, we've made a tidy profit on a player who when all options were fit and available was likely on the bench.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I wish him all the best, but I still hope they go down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good luck BDB

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Will miss him, but we need these openings in the squad to give those coming through a chance, personally, I am hoping Clarke is with us next season. Having said that, Roberts is decent but I suspect not emotionally mature enough for the PL spotlight to be on him yet. Not sure Ostigard wants to come back, not to be back up anyway, Van Hecke is more a Duffy type CB, and they love him at Blackburn, so I would expect an offer if they get promotion. A couple of CB's in the U23's that have had a taste of being in the first team though, and seeing the possibility of a more regular place in the squad can't be bad for them.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It says more about you than him the fact that he has gone to the team he loves and has supported since a boy, yet you think it’s all about money.

Doesn't matter. I'm born and bred Sussex, supported the Albion all my life. If the Albion were taken over by the same lot, I'd never give a penny of my hard earned ever again.

Like I said, some of us have morals. I hope it goes tits up for him and anybody else that works for them.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Disappointed to see him go , disappointed at the fee received , considering what we spent on the likes on Locadia, Ali J, Izquierdo , Propper etc.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Oh really. So precisely how many times have you turned down an offer to double your wages and secure your family's financial future?

Some things are more important than wages.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Disappointed to see him go , disappointed at the fee received , considering what we spent on the likes on Locadia, Ali J, Izquierdo , Propper etc.

Why would you equate the fee to those?

How about; as last season ended our best option at left back was the hopelessly ill-suited Dan Burn. Assuming this deal goes through as rumoured, we’ve lost Burn, and now have one of the best left backs in the entire division, in Cucurella, recruited for the same fee.

Amazing business.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Oh well. Been good for us and a great pro but ultimately we’ve just sold our 4th best centre back for big money for the second time in just over 6 months, not bad.

He’s going to have a nasty shock playing for Eddie Howe after Graham Potter though. I guarantee he will look nowhere the player he does for us playing for them.

And as good as he’s been lately, most of this board would have said they’d drive him to Newcastle themselves for the £13 million offer 6 weeks ago.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

That was pre Ashworth and Potter days, The club have moved on now.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
W

So you're not answering the question then. If the aswer is more than one though, I will concede that hypocracy isn't involved.

I do all right as it is thank you very much, pretty much like DB I should think.

If a morally bankrupt company offered me double, I'd turn them down in a heartbeat.

Good enough for you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here