Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - New Centre Back

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
No just an opinion.
There is simply no evidence to suggest that either Moore or JOC would challenge, Dunk or Duffy.

I can’t see why we would waste £10m for either Moore or JOC. They really aren’t that good, neither better than Goldson IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are not taking into consideration that Dunk and/or Duffy will still be with us

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be a great to have a thread about a centre back target which didn’t turn into an argument between BG and various other posters. It’s all really quite repetitive and dull now.

Back on topic, I’ve always been quite impressed by Burn when I’ve seen him play. Seems quite a logical signing.

It takes 2 too tango.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It would be a great to have a thread about a centre back target which didn’t turn into an argument between BG and various other posters. It’s all really quite repetitive and dull now.

Back on topic, I’ve always been quite impressed by Burn when I’ve seen him play. Seems quite a logical signing.

Agreed

BG says something that is clearly stupid, probably just to get a reaction and the same 3/4 posters are on it like a shot to prove just how smart and funny they are by telling everyone how stupid the obviously stupid thing is. If people stopped replying to the stupid things he says then he’d get bored and stop trolling.

However, my personal highlight is when people say “he’s only doing it to raise his post count.” Obviously the irony is lost on them when they make their 30th post about BG trying to inflate his post count :rolleyes

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Agreed

BG says something that is clearly stupid, probably just to get a reaction and the same 3/4 posters are on it like a shot to prove just how smart and funny they are by telling everyone how stupid the obviously stupid thing is. If people stopped replying to the stupid things he says then he’d get bored and stop trolling.

However, my personal highlight is when people say “he’s only doing it to raise his post count.” Obviously the irony is lost on them when they make their 30th post about BG trying to inflate his post count :rolleyes

sorry but you are crediting BG with far too much intelligence here

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You are not taking into consideration that Dunk and/or Duffy will still be with us

By the start of the season? Don’t see either leaving myself, would throw us into too much turmoil this late.

In future perhaps, but then I’d want a better or at least equal replacement and none of those mentioned ‘fit the bill’ IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Simple maths 24 weeks @£100k= 2400 K after that future and income unknown,

2 year contract with us is 104 weeks @ 45k = 4680k guaranteed, nearly double.
Where on earth have you got 24 weeks from? His contract presumably runs until the end at the end of June 2019, and then the club have to pay for July as well (as we did with CMS). So try your simple maths again with 51 weeks.

And when you've done that, please explain why he won't get anyone to pay him next season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed

Plus another 20 then throw their oar in, commenting on the whole mess. :rolleyes:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A much better bet than paying an over inflated fee for Moore or O' Connell.

Sing him up !

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
only has one year left on contract...

Still think we will get Moore over line as Naylor in Argus still says its a possibility but not happening re Jack OConnell

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I actually think Moore would turn out to be great value at 10 million.

Crazy times but lets face it, if Dunk has another season like last, this will be his last season with us... then the 10 on Moore to replace him will seem like pennies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here