Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dame Alison Rose resigns

larus

Kayne west had a sponsorship deal so a completely different situation.

I find it quite amusing how dumb so many people are - they get blinded by their hatred of someone and then try to use obscure stories to somehow ‘justify’ their position.

Farage wanted the UK out of the EU - therefore he’s a racist, a misogynist and a cad and deserves to be punished by everyone.

Jeez, so pathetic.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I find it quite amusing how dumb so many people are - they get blinded by their hatred of someone and then try to use obscure stories to somehow ‘justify’ their position.

Farage wanted the UK out of the EU - therefore he’s a racist, a misogynist and a cad and deserves to be punished by everyone.

Jeez, so pathetic.
Very well said. But unfortunately the woke liberal types always claim the moral high ground and they just resort to 'ist' insults if anyone dares to disagree with them. They claim to be tolerant but they are not as it's their views that count and if someone has a different view they resort to insults.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Jeez, so pathetic.
I think that Farage was shat on by Coutts (although why he wanted to bank there in the first place is anyone's guess).

I also think Farage is a complete tosser, and a nasty vindictive piece of work.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Whatever your views on Farage, I find it quite disturbing that some try to justify her actions and 'whataboutery' takes over.

I fear for this world.

Just had a chat with a long term City banker pal, who detests Farage but is appalled by this terrible breach.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kayne west had a sponsorship deal so a completely different situation.
I dont see what the manner of the association/engagement has to do with it. But if you do want to limit it to customers there are examples of customers being banned from things as their views and/or behaviour are not aligned with the business. Wasnt Farage banned from his own local?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Even that is contradictory. In November 2022 he was within criteria limits, and in March they say he had been outside criteria limits for "some time". And then they stsart their 40 page farrago of criticism of various viewpoints that Coutts don't like, including (oddly) the view that then-Prince Charles was wrong to meet a Qatari minister and receive a suitcase of cash for his charity, and his opinion that Moslem clerics ought to be allowed to speak against same-sex marriage. The emphasis is very much on finding excuses to get rid of him, no matter how absurd.
well there's the ludicrous thing about it all, they could simply have closed his accounts once the mortgage was paid, didnt need these discussions.
thats only reason he was inside their criteria, he only got the account when they close Euro transactions (his own words on BBC this morning).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly, very well put. Unfortunately he's an easy target as a middle age / middle class white male with the 'wrong' views. Coutts probably feared a backlash if he banked with them so they did what they could to get rid of them. The irony of the situation is that I guess many Coutts customer's are of a similar demographic who hold the same views as NF but aren't prominent public figures like he is.
Middle class? He had a private education and was a stockbroker before going into politics.

As for being prominent, he’s now just a tv presenter, albeit one who gets a lot of attention especially on Question Time, where real politicians like Caroline Lucas hardly got any.
He’s useful to certain people at Tufton Street.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Middle class? He had a private education and was a stockbroker before going into politics.

As for being prominent, he’s now just a tv presenter, albeit one who gets a lot of attention especially on Question Time, where real politicians like Caroline Lucas hardly got any.
Do you think the breach of confidentiality and integrity was acceptable generally?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ok that's two, but you stated 'quite a few' so what about the rest? Unless you think two constitutes 'quite a few.
If I waste anymore time at your expense it will be trying to remember your old username. I'm pretty sure it had gully in it, but I cannot remember the rest.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

Ok 'upper class' if that makes you happy!!

Bit of a contradiction there mate, I would said 'just' being a TV presenter does make you prominent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Jeez, so pathetic.
I disagree with his politics, but as for the other activities you describe, there’s plenty of evidence.
PS, he isn’t being punished by everyone, so give up with the hyperbole.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
If I waste anymore time at your expense it will be trying to remember your old username. I'm pretty sure it had gully in it, but I cannot remember the rest.
Oh well you and your little leftie chums will probably ban me soon anyway soon as none of you can stand it when other posters fail to agree with you. You lot invented the term 'cancel culture.'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I dont see what the manner of the association/engagement has to do with it. But if you do want to limit it to customers there are examples of customers being banned from things as their views and/or behaviour are not aligned with the business. Wasnt Farage banned from his own local?
Don’t forget that Irish bakery who refused to make a same sex wedding cake HT 😉

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whatever your views on Farage, I find it quite disturbing that some try to justify her actions and 'whataboutery' takes over.

I fear for this world.

Just had a chat with a long term City banker pal, who detests Farage but is appalled by this terrible breach.

I’m actually enthused by this incident.

Not focusing on the nsc micro bubble, many Remainers including on LBC/R5 phone ins, even Starmer and the Guardian, have said NatWest were wrong. To some extent with the arbitrary policing of views and their hypocrisy, but more emphatically on the CEO’s disgraceful gossiping to a hack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here