Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dame Alison Rose resigns

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And now the disingenuous **** wants the whole board to resign.

Why do we still have to hear from him and see his vile, pig ugly face?! Can’t he just f*** off into a black hole forever. He won his xenophobic battle and f***ed the country up for a very long time, is he not happy with that result?!

Just piss off you despicable charlatan.

The whole Board to go demands, were ridiculous.

A sign of the times, where a simple resignation does the trick.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Integrity, data protection and confidentiality mean jack nowadays.

Surely an institution owned 39% by the taxpayer should be leading by example.
I couldn't agree more. Taxpayers pay politicians, so why aren't more resigning? The Home Secretary, supposedly a barrister, has been found to have broken the law twice, whilst in office. Resign woman, resign.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
There are certain jobs with a golden rule where you do not discuss clients' affairs. Accountancy, legal, banking are all covered. If you discuss clients' affairs with anyone, not just a journalist, then you can expect to be sacked. The automatic repsonse when someone talks about a client is to say "I can't discuss my clients". You learn that the day you start as a junior.

I don't believe Rose has resigned because it's the honourable thing; she could have resigned a week ago if she was that way inclined. I reckon she's resigned because she knew she would be sacked if she didn't and resigning gets her better severance pay and pensions.

There is still a discrepancy between her account and Jack's. She says it was one conversation at the dinner; Jack says that he spoke to his source the following day to confirm he was OK to run the story.

And one more thing that's been raised - the Coutts report that they released explaining the debanking specifically states that Farage met commercial criteria for an account.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are certain jobs with a golden rule where you do not discuss clients' affairs. Accountancy, legal, banking are all covered. If you discuss clients' affairs with anyone, not just a journalist, then you can expect to be sacked. The automatic repsonse when someone talks about a client is to say "I can't discuss my clients". You learn that the day you start as a junior.

I don't believe Rose has resigned because it's the honourable thing; she could have resigned a week ago if she was that way inclined. I reckon she's resigned because she knew she would be sacked if she didn't and resigning gets her better severance pay and pensions.

There is still a discrepancy between her account and Jack's. She says it was one conversation at the dinner; Jack says that he spoke to his source the following day to confirm he was OK to run the story.

And one more thing that's been raised - the Coutts report that they released explaining the debanking specifically states that Farage met commercial criteria for an account.
Why did he lie about not having any bank account? His first account said he was left without any account at all. Natwest had to speak up to say he had been offered a 'lesser account'.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
The media’s obsession with trivia continues.

At least there’s still BBC World service for now…
Except wasn't it a journalist from the World Service who asked the Moroccan captain about gay members of her squad, knowing it is illegal in her country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Cannot believe so much attention has been paid to this story. A finer example of obsessing about complete and utter BS you could not find. Farage not being granted a Coutts account is simply not a story, he could still bank at NatWest. Farage is a grifter pure and simple, a nasty piece of work who couldn't care less about this country but only about himself.

With the world both on fire and getting swept away right now why on earth are we wasting any breath on this waster?
Yep a grifter and crypto fascist that essentially has helped send our nation into decline

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks a lot Coutts.

You have made rentagob relevant again.

NF will dine out on this for months.......

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
“If I maintain my silence about my secret it is my prisoner...if I let it slip from my tongue, I am its prisoner.”
- Schopenhauer

"Keep the problems of clients and prospects confidential. Divulge information only with their consent."
- Arthur C Nielsen

"To whom you tell your secrets, to him you resign your liberty."
-
Spanish proverb

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can I just clarify, putting all the other stuff aside, Farage lost his Coutts because he wasn't rich enough and was offered a Natwest instead? So he hasn't been de-banked for his views?

All the other stuff that happened is wrong, and it's right that she goes, but wasn't the report that he lost his Coutts account because he was below the threshold technically correct?

It feels like me telling a racist joke, then going for a tryout for the Hungarian U-17s womens football team and then kicking off because they cited my racist joke....and the small fact I wasn't a woman, under 17 or hungarian as the reasons I didn't make it.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

She shouldn't have been given the opportunity to resign, she should've been sacked for gross misconduct. If a cashier in a High St branch was found to have broken data protection guidelines they wouldn't be offered the chance to resign, they would've been sacked, why should she be treated any differently.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It’s just given the twat an excuse for being in the news when most sensible people would be quite happy him locking himself away to be forgotten. He really is an obnoxious fart whose smell seems to linger on.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Without wanting to be seen in the same light as Farage, Nat West kicked me out earlier this year after a 60 year relationship as they were wanting to focus on UK residents only....but obviously selectively.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It is hilarious that those against cancel culture seemingly wanting people to be … errr … cancelled

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Can I just clarify, putting all the other stuff aside, Farage lost his Coutts because he wasn't rich enough and was offered a Natwest instead? So he hasn't been de-banked for his views?

All the other stuff that happened is wrong, and it's right that she goes, but wasn't the report that he lost his Coutts account because he was below the threshold technically correct?

As I understand it, he was de-banked because of his views not because of his wealth. He put a FOI request in which admitted as much and caused the subsequent shit storm

Fair play to Farage, he knows how to get publicity. In the rounds, it's come out that Ken Clarke has had banking withdrawn because he is "politically exposed" He's probably stumbled on an issue even if I couldn't give a monkeys about Farage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here