Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dame Alison Rose resigns

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Coutts aren't exclusive enough for me.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Somewhat surprisingly, Alison Rose has resigned.

Normally, you'd get an extra damehood for calling Nigel Farage a disingenuous grifter, but it appears Rose has decided she must go, and while I agree we should ensure that people have banking services, I'd feel pretty unwell having him as one of my customers.

Anyhow, normally you can't get a government minister for love or money to come on the radio or TV to talk about banks, but today they're falling over themselves. That measley mouthed MP we have in Mid Sussex is calling for standards (this is the same guy who lent Johnson his house and refused to damn him for lies), and No. 10 has had the cheek to say they expect people in public life to show the highest standards. FFS! We agree, but where have you been for the past 5 years? She only said he had qeustionable views that could be seen as xenophobic. He has!

Let's also remember, banking services weren't withdrawn from him. He was offer NatWest Premier status over Coutts.

Now Farage is asking for cultural change at the bank. It sounds like they have just the right culture if they are asking whether they really want Farage as a customer and if their leader is stepping up and resigning at the first sign that they should be accountable for something that they did.
So far there have been 2 executive level resignations from a major banking group and the BBC has also apologised for inaccurate reporting.

There’s the “cultural change” right there. So wipe away your tears and dry the mattress now, the worst is over.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_0193.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A pay off for f***ing up that's more than most people earn in a lifetime. Sickening.
Do you say the same when football managers, and politicians get pay offs, like May, Johnson Truss etc? They also get a pension for life from tax payers money.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All Tories in your example :D, to raise nsc hackles. Labour ministers would get the same.
Far fewer of them. Just Blair and Brown were Prime Ministers.

The Tories have 6 at the moment.

You forgot the football manager’s millions in their pay outs. Potter lasted about as long as Truss.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Do you say the same when football managers, and politicians get pay offs, like May, Johnson Truss etc? They also get a pension for life from tax payers money.
Yes, I do. Our society is so unbalanced financially and I find it hard to understand how anyone can believe that they're worth that level of remuneration. With regards to football, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to engage with the sport at the elite level. If it wasn't for family ties to the Albion I'd have binned it off years ago.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, I do. Our society is so unbalanced financially and I find it hard to understand how anyone can believe that they're worth that level of remuneration. With regards to football, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to engage with the sport at the elite level. If it wasn't for family ties to the Albion I'd have binned it off years ago.
Fair comment.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’ve not read the entire thread so apologies in advance. Isn’t this exit payment retained bonuses and share schemes that have accrued over the years and are only paid after a certain time or on exit?
The headlines read/imply that it is compensation for loss of office.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A £50k a week footballer (lower end) in the PL earns that, but we all joy in their success...and pay for the privilege.

Funny old world.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Football managers are irrelevant beyond a moral measure, if Tony Bloom or a Saudi Prince wants to secure services from individuals by offering contracts with generous settlements in the event of failure that’s entirely a matter for them.

The public sector which relies on the generosity of the tax payer is a different matter and any employee of the state found guilty of serious misconduct should lose the “benefits” offered by being employed by the taxpayer. Tony Blair’s conduct which embroiled the U.K. in to conflict in the Middle East a prime example.

That’s the issue with the payoff, NatWest/RBS is 40% owned by the taxpayer, so this payoff arrangement is another slap in the face of the hard pressed U.K. taxpayer.

But then so is the Indian moon landing…………but no one will stop U.K. taxpayers money being spent in India either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here