Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Come on guys let it go, he's employed by the club within a PFA structure that gives power to the player. I'd move in a heartbeat if it meant playing in a higher level for at least double the money. It's a short career and most footballers have no loyalty to their employers. I hope he gives 100% now and thank you TB .... You legend

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
I think foreign agents work with the assumption that the Premier League is where it is at and work on the very short term: the position could look very different of Burnley are bottom and Brighton are in the top two at Christmas? With relegation clauses, promotion bonuses, regular starts or in the reserves, the PL is not all roses as Bridcutt, Buckley and Poggy found out. Naismith could not agree terms at Sunderland, from Norwich.

Not so much heads are turned as players are misled. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!?

Trolley park fade lands Maison kakapo. Flask week below dos weeks kale die clap worn lake winds slalom kendo X conf. Lawmakers melody owl d no owns kookier keloid hem know own. Ok.

Surely not!!!

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
I think foreign agents work with the assumption that the Premier League is where it is at and work on the very short term: the position could look very different of Burnley are bottom and Brighton are in the top two at Christmas? With relegation clauses, promotion bonuses, regular starts or in the reserves, the PL is not all roses as Bridcutt, Buckley and Poggy found out. Naismith could not agree terms at Sunderland, from Norwich.

Not so much heads are turned as players are misled. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!?

Gibber gibber the moons a balloon

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Come on guys let it go, he's employed by the club within a PFA structure that gives power to the player. I'd move in a heartbeat if it meant playing in a higher level for at least double the money. It's a short career and most footballers have no loyalty to their employers. I hope he gives 100% now and thank you TB .... You legend

I think you may have contradicted yourself :facepalm:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bobby Zamora ‏@RobertZamora25 4m4 minutes ago
@8stephens top player top lad. Wants to play in the best league in the world. Understandable. Window shut now, fans support, Dale focus. ��⚽
If only everyone did this and would just STFU

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Bobby Zamora ‏@RobertZamora25 4m4 minutes ago
@8stephens top player top lad. Wants to play in the best league in the world. Understandable. Window shut now, fans support, Dale focus. ��⚽

and there you have it. You cant selectively choose to vilify one player. BZ and all the other players (and a lot of fans !) know Dale has done nothing more than look for a better deal. There is no right and wrong in this and the club and the player owe you/us nothing. Just enjoy the footie, get behind Dale and be thankful to TB that we both have players that are good enough for the premier league and we fight to keep hold of them. I hope Dale continues to post whatever he wants on twitter as it is up to the readers whether they wish to be offended or not.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I can't be arsed to wade through the whole thread. But the bits I have read have only talked about the money.

Does no one believe he also wants to play at the highest level because he's a footballer and that's his dream?

Anyway, Sir Bobby put it perfectly/

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
At the next home game, if DS starts, what will be going through his mind?
Will he be slightly nervous about playing, fearing some sections of the crowd will be on his back?
After what he has said and done, surely it would be counterproductive to boo/berate him, given that we do sort of need him to play.
It will be down to him to make his apologies on the pitch, by sticking the ball in the opposition's net.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Naylor talks of hos "dignified silence" during the summer. Yep, he kept it quiet until the last minute when he thought he'd give up his cut of the transfer fee by putting a written request in to get his move. Well, that didn't work too well. I hope he can't get his place back and sits it out in the reserves. Ungrateful scroat comes to mind.
It does make me wonder about the difference between a written transfer request and a verbal "letting the club know I wanted a move to the premiership". Personally I don't think there is one, and that anyone rocking the boat should go immediately. I can't see him keeping any motivation to play for us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Lewis and Inigo both put Summer Shenanigans behind them and so will Dale

Well said. Too many people on here have short term memories.

So you want to chant a players name who clearly doesn't want to be here?

If you want the Albion to get promoted then maybe yes. Suspect BZ knows DS far better than you. Let's not forget that BZ is another player that left to play in the Premier league as did Barnes, Ulloa, Bridcutt and Buckley. The only thing that stopped DS was that Burnley didn't cough up the asking fee.

Yes, he wanted to be in the Premier League but you seem to imply that he wants to be anywhere but here, which I doubt.

Fed up with reading posts by imbeciles who seem quite happy to cut off their noses to spite their face.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Naylor talks of hos "dignified silence" during the summer. Yep, he kept it quiet until the last minute when he thought he'd give up his cut of the transfer fee by putting a written request in to get his move. Well, that didn't work too well. I hope he can't get his place back and sits it out in the reserves. Ungrateful scroat comes to mind.
It does make me wonder about the difference between a written transfer request and a verbal "letting the club know I wanted a move to the premiership". Personally I don't think there is one, and that anyone rocking the boat should go immediately. I can't see him keeping any motivation to play for us.

I think you are being a tad harsh on him . If anything he has been naive and badly led by his agent, who thought he could bully TB and PB

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Don't have to "like" the players, same as I probably wouldn't like my favourite music stars if I met them. Sometimes they seem great (met Johnny Byrne briefly at Worthing podiatry clinic and he was a thoroughly humble and likeable chap); Inigo obviously has real feeling for the club etc but most of the rest are just employees and I don't begrudge them. Stephens comments don't bother me a bit. Tony's gamble may back fire on him/us but let's see. I rather like that we have been a bit "different" again (not unique) and said feck it you're staying. He's a very good player. If it doesn't work out then ce la vie! Do feel it's game-on now though!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

His motivation is to show Premier League clubs that he will be worth signing when he's a free agent next summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports