Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Chill out, everything will be fine..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm rather impressed that in this pr driven world of corporate bland statements and weasel words that a player can send a mis spelt tweet with no attempt to apologise or placed platitudes.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If/when CH sees fit to play him again, is he really going to give 100%? Will this pantomime happen again in Jan?
IMO he's useless to us now and we should have got rid.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
The irony of course is that he had a nice new contract offered by us 6 months ago with, i expect, a nice healthy pay rise in it.

So by the time he leaves that's likely to be minimum of 9 months of extra money he's missed out on

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Dear Dale

Knuckle down old son and there's every chance you'll be playing Premier League football with us next season, on an improved contract, in front of a full house at the Amex.

Meanwhile take some time to look around your current surroundings. See the training ground with new eyes. Marvel at the skills of our new unpronounceable left back. Look at the downs, the sea, the award winning restaurants, abundance of quality bars, theatres and entertainment. The quiet and intelligent encouragement of your boss. The supreme real estate,.

Then thank your lucky stars you're not tucked away in a northern shithole where boarded up houses sell for tuppence and the pubs still have meat raffles, being yelled at by a psychotic ginger dalek.

Yours, GB.

He was born in BOLTON.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I wonder how this is going down in chez dale this morning?

I had heard that whilst Dale was keen to go back up north, his good lady wasn't so happy and wanted to stay in Sussex.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Can't wait to see the clubs response to this.. I wonder if the squad is still together! Only takes one bad apple.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not impressed with that tweet, as I haven't been the whole saga. "I will honour my contract". Too ****ing right you will - like we honoured yours when you were injured and also at times quite underwhelming.

It's a shame he couldn't use words to mend any bridges, hopefully it will be in performances. That's if his delicate mentality/"fitness" is no longer a problem.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So, a key midfielder for us is 100% fit but sits out a couple of games because? Hughton isn't going to drop a vital player for 2 tough games is he?

He will be gone in January.

If you read my posts through all of this thread, I have tried to tell you all without coming out and openly saying it ''That he would not be leaving in this transfer window'' I have also been saying that I don't think he will be leaving in January either.

I still think that once the lad gets over the disappointment of not having been allowed to leave that he will possibly sign a contract in the coming months and he won't leave in January either. It is still my belief that he will stay with us till the end of the season and either go up to the Premiership with us or get a clause in any new contact he signs stating that he can leave subject to a certain level of fee being received. That would be the fair thing to do by both Stephens and the club.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agreed. That's where he loses the argument. If you want a move, hand in a transfer request initially, not on the last day. He was trying to win both ways by getting a move and extra payments, which he would forfeit by handing in a transfer request. I think he's behaved pretty badly from the sound of it and hope the club can sort him out as he's a very important player to us.

Also agree with others comments re Burnley. Their tactics of only slightly upping bids for Stephens and others to try to get a slightly better deal are disrespectful and I hope they are relegated again this season. Fair play to Tony Bloom for standing up to them.

Sanctimonious clap trap. How many deals during the transfer window went ahead without a transfer request?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This 'last opportunity to play in the PL' is exactly what his agent will have been whispering in his ear. I wonder if this is the same agent who got fined over Dale's transfer to us ?

Anyway, I'm 100% sure CH will sort out Dale's head and we'll get the great player back for now.

He may go in January but that'll depend on how our season is going etc. He may even sign a new contract with a release clause.

If Dale goes in January we have plenty of time to line up a replacement for Jan 1st.

We will no doubt be bringing in a midfielder anyway in January to cover Rohan Ince's absence for trial; let's make this midfielder a top class one who can become Dale's replacement if need be.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder how this is going down in chez dale this morning?

I had heard that whilst Dale was keen to go back up north, his good lady wasn't so happy and wanted to stay in Sussex.

Seemingly, Dale was keen to go back up north, when he came to us from Charlton. In fact, I think that's where the original idea came from. Perhaps, he has no sense of direction, apart from the local branch of his bank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here