Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm not bothered. We have kayal, sidwell, Norwood and towel in those positions. That is plenty good enough. Kayal is far superior to Stephens

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Middlesboro kept there squad together last year and strengthened further. We haven't. That's the difference and why they went up.

Well no one has left yet and this season has only just started. So if you can read the future what else will happen ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Middlesboro kept there squad together last year and strengthened further. We haven't. That's the difference and why they went up.

I don't think it's quite as simple as that....but taking your point over 'we havnt' ...do you think the club are to blame?
Were Middlesbro in the same situation over one of there top players wanting to go?

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011

I don't agree. We ARE keeping our squad together all but one player who wants to go and like already said on this thread, he is not the player who will see us promoted. He's gone for nothing in 12 months. Keeping Knocky and even Kayal is worth more than keeping Dale. I like him, I do, but again, you can't turn down £7mill for a player of Dale's capabilities

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well no one has left yet and this season has only just started. So if you can read the future what else will happen ?

I can see that the team is weaker as it stands than last year can't you? We had four strikers now 3. We had 4 CB's now 3. We lost a quality midfielder. and so are weaker there also.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't agree. We ARE keeping our squad together all but one player who wants to go and like already said on this thread, he is not the player who will see us promoted. He's gone for nothing in 12 months. Keeping Knocky and even Kayal is worth more than keeping Dale. I like him, I do, but again, you can't turn down £7mill for a player of Dale's capabilities

It's not just about Stephens. Why can't people see we are weaker this year?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Stephens will turn Burnley down unless they offer him £25K a week basic. Or he may be able to work a relegation clause into his contract, giving him freedom to move if Burnley are relegated.

Otherwise a contract at the Albion with say 50% promotion clauses would be nearly or equally as good?

Here's hoping he stays. We can't do without his goals. £7 million is a bit tempting though.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I can see that the team is weaker as it stands than last year can't you? We had four strikers now 3. We had 4 CB's now 3. We lost a quality midfielder. and so are weaker there also.

But we can still win the league. Far stronger than what we were August 2015.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We got two of our players just before the window closed last year. Getting Skalak & Knockaert in January made us stronger, than last August.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think Stephens will turn Burnley down unless they offer him £25K a week basic. Or he may be able to work a relegation clause into his contract, giving him freedom to move if Burnley are relegated.

Otherwise a contract at the Albion with say 50% promotion clauses would be nearly or equally as good?

Here's hoping he stays. We can't do without his goals. £7 million is a bit tempting though.

No, not as good because Burnley will pay him the higher figure now. Worst case for him, he gets a season at double (probably) his current money, staying with us only gives him a potential increase.

£7m for a second tier player with only a year left on his contract is mental. Sad to see him go but everything indicates he wants away so we move on. We've got good cover, and probably have our eyes on a replacement. And a pile of cash.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The difference was 2 goals and a lot of bad luck
What if :thumbsup:

It wasn't just that. We had 7 games around xmas where we failed to win because of injuries and suspensions. This is where depth comes into it and why Boro nicked it.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
It's not just about Stephens. Why can't people see we are weaker this year?

How much did we invest in Knocky and Skalak in January? I think we could have offered GG a year for sure, but do you seriously think we are weaker than 12 months ago?? Pritchard not agreeing was a blow but the money is there for a decent player to come in alongside Hemed/Murray. Do you think we should rush this?? I don't, and have every confidence in Winstanly and co to get that signing sorted, before it's too late.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here