Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[tweet]738781639531188224[/tweet]

That account has form too..

I think it may be run by a BHA fan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Were we? He was injured in the Crawley game, but I don't remember anyone saying he would definitely play today.

This is getting reminiscent of Ulloa not playing before he was transferred.

I will be astounded and very very happy if Stephens is still an Albion player at the start of the season, even if he is suspended for the first game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is getting reminiscent of Ulloa not playing before he was transferred.
I will be astounded and very very happy if Stephens is an Albion player by the start of the season.

Ulloa came back from the pre-season trip to Spain after a couple of days to sign for Leicester. He'd actually played in Albion's last game before the trip v Lewes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Were we? He was injured in the Crawley game, but I don't remember anyone saying he would definitely play today.

Stephens, target of interest from Burnley, missed the outing at Aldershot due to a kick on the knee.

He will return on Saturday when Albion send sides to both Luton and Stevenage.

Hughton said: “Dale took a whack at Crawley.

“It was probably a challenge he didn’t have to make but he is a tough individual.

“It is nothing serious and we decided he would benefit from resting (last night).”

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb..._over_key_Albion_midfielder_Stephens/?ref=twt

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
this is what Hughton said on Tuesday after the Fulham match.

"“He took a whack at Crawley, its only a whack , a whack on his knee, nothing serious. We decided he’d benefit from resting for a couple of days as opposed to playing tonight and making it worse. He’ll be available for Saturday”
https://audioboom.com/boos/4837744-...n-s-injury-and-march-stockdale-goldson-latest

The most plausible explanation would be he's not recovered as quickly as they'd hoped.
But i'm sure some other explanations will be proffered...:)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stephens, target of interest from Burnley, missed the outing at Aldershot due to a kick on the knee.

He will return on Saturday when Albion send sides to both Luton and Stevenage.

Hughton said: “Dale took a whack at Crawley.

“It was probably a challenge he didn’t have to make but he is a tough individual.

“It is nothing serious and we decided he would benefit from resting (last night).”

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb..._over_key_Albion_midfielder_Stephens/?ref=twt

If the swelling hasn't gone down, then he won't be risked. We haven't accepted any bids, and even if there were further bids, it doesn't mean he's going to be sold.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Brian Owen from the Argus. Not recovered in time. Oxford on Tuesday...

[tweet]756890175863750657[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here