Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Where's Norman Baker suck my lozenge, telling us all, we will sell Stevens,Kayal, Dunk, Goldson, Hemed,and Knocky, for the price of a bag of chips and a Kit Kat

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
"Burnley faced more frustration in the transfer market after having a deal worth £4million for Dale Stephens rejected by Brighton.

The Clarets are desperate to add a combative midfielder to Sean Dyche’s squad after Joey Barton made the switch to Rangers earlier this summer.

Derby County turned down a £3million bid for Jeff Hendrick on Monday before Burnley then spurned by Chris Hughton’s Brighton."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ighton-reject-4million-Dale-Stephens-bid.html

View attachment 76455

**** off Burnley you direct one boring shite football team.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Him and Kayal in the midfield are almost the heart and soul of this team. It would be a big shame to break them up.

Ten million, and a box of tissues to wipe my tears away.

I agree re Stephens and Kayal being key to the team but this time last season they'd never played as a central midfield pairing together (only as part of a three). If Hughton could get those two playing the way they did together, he could do it again with a new pairing. We have to trust the recruitment team if we do sell Kayal, Stephens or both.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I agree re Stephens and Kayal being key to the team but this time last season they'd never played as a central midfield pairing together (only as part of a three). If Hughton could get those two playing the way they did together, he could do it again with a new pairing. We have to trust the recruitment team if we do sell Kayal, Stephens or both.

Yep, the club is ahead of the game these days so there is no point trying to second guess them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Burnley have failed with bids for Lansbury and Hendrick and not gone back.

Why will they go back for Stephens and not for the others ?

Stand firm Tony, don't sell.

Surprised some people think that £4-5m would be a deal worth considering for a player who is likely to be critical to our attempt to go one better than last season.

If we hold onto Stephens, Kayal, Knockaert, etc... and go up next May then turning down £4m now will be the right decision. Of course if we don't then we'll lose Stephens for nothing.

Time to hold and go for it in my view.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Easily replaced in the Championship if we get anything more than £5million for him. I'd rather not see Dale go but equally I wouldn't want to deny him the chance of playing at the top level even if it is for one of the shittiest teams from one of the shittiest places. A footballers career is short and he would be stupid to turn down a decent payday so lets screw Burnley for every penny we can get and invest in another player. Its a cycle we experience every season and not worth getting precious over.

Glad you are not in our negotiating team.
Sound like his mum (don't want to deny him premier league).
He's under contract. Sell one and the rest will follow.
He would rightly ask any new contract offer from us is in line with what we value him at (£4m plus).

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If we feel that we have a good chance of promotion to the riches of the Premiership £4million is nothing to turn down. How many million do we get if we go up ? They really need to double that offer and then we get interested. That would enable us to buy a couple of good midfielders one of whom would hopefully impress. How much did we miss out by last year ? We have not pushed the boat out for Murray and perhaps Vydra to let Stephens go for small change. if they pile in because they really want him to play sure he can go and we can play the game. Otherwise.. go away !!!!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Look what we got for Ulloa, Buckley and Bridcutt, all 3 wanted to leave, the latter 2 being a bit more desperate than the first, and we got full value for them. We don't sell on the cheap any more. £4m for Stephens, after the season the club, and him personally have had, is cheap. Even with a year left, I genuinely can't see us entertaining an offer unless it's nearly double that. We don't need to sell, Tony is going for top 2, neither he or CH are going to see anyone leave unless it's for serious money

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Easily replaced in the Championship if we get anything more than £5million for him. I'd rather not see Dale go but equally I wouldn't want to deny him the chance of playing at the top level even if it is for one of the shittiest teams from one of the shittiest places. A footballers career is short and he would be stupid to turn down a decent payday so lets screw Burnley for every penny we can get and invest in another player. Its a cycle we experience every season and not worth getting precious over.

This really winds me up when I see this quoted, OK their career may be about a quarter of the average working Joe, but there salary is probably 8 times as much. Is that not a decent Payday?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I would put the whole team on £1millon/player title bonus right now and have done with it.

Actually make that £5m

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
What a joke of an offer. To get a player of his quality as a replacement in the current market would be nigh on impossible at that sort of price. Stephens and Kayal are the fulcrum of the team and must be retained at all costs.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What a joke of an offer. To get a player of his quality as a replacement in the current market would be nigh on impossible at that sort of price. Stephens and Kayal are the fulcrum of the team and must be retained at all costs.

Every player has his price I guess, but yes, Stephens and Kayal are very much the engine room of the side, and without one or either of them we would certainly suffer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here