Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If the club believed Stephens was going, wouldn't they have said his knee injury was bad enough to keep him out of the pre- season games, and not do it on an ad hoc basis of one game at a time?
Us fans, would have been chuffed if the move didn't amount to anything, and his 'injury' had healed sooner than expected.
If Dale isn't 'fit' for Tuesday, I'm still not that concerned, if he's not fit for Sunday, I'll start to fret.

Injuries are a bit different from mending a car, for example, somethings they heal quicker than hoped for, sometime they don't

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Promotion chasing teams that missed last season by a pygmies cock do NOT sell their best players,all this old guff about"looking for a top two finish "gets on my ****ing tits,no ambition as usual.
Agree 100%

Sadly the albion seem to think that selling Stephens to Burnley is a great move.

Utter shambles :nono:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Oh behave yourself.

You need to wake up and stop moaning

A few Twitter rumours and you wet the bed about a lack of ambition and rubbish about season ticket refunds.

Has Stephens gone ? No
Has a bid been accepted ? No

You've NO idea what's going on behind the scenes and the constant slagging off of the club is becoming tiresome and dull if I'm honest.

If Stephens wants the move it will happen..... End of !!! That doesn't mean we want to sell him or that we think it's a good idea

Until there is some substance rather than a few Twitter accounts desperately looking for followers I will believe that Stephens is injured.

You need to wake up and stop moaning

A few Twitter rumours and you wet the bed about a lack of ambition and rubbish about season ticket refunds.

Has Stephens gone ? No
Has a bid been accepted ? No

You've NO idea what's going on behind the scenes and the constant slagging off of the club is becoming tiresome and dull if I'm honest.

If Stephens wants the move it will happen..... End of !!! That doesn't mean we want to sell him or that we think it's a good idea

Until there is some substance rather than a few Twitter accounts desperately looking for followers I will believe that Stephens is injured.

Sorry Paul.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Promotion chasing teams that missed last season by a pygmies cock do NOT sell their best players,all this old guff about"looking for a top two finish "gets on my ****ing tits,no ambition as usual.

Like Derby ? - so far have made no signings and have rejected a couple of bids for their key midfielder from Burnley.

(they have Rubbish pies though and PB is by far a better CEO as you know.)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Like Derby ? - so far have made no signings and have rejected a couple of bids for their key midfielder from Burnley.

(they have Rubbish pies though and PB is by far a better CEO as you know.)

As well you know, FACTS don't go down too well on here. So pack it in !!!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not so much a licker ,more a rimmer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Either way I'm dealing in facts and not getting stupid about a few Twitter rumours about a bid for a player.

Your acting like there has been a major fire sale with all our key players leaving, as yet we haven't sold one single player and although we haven't done quite as much business in as we would like we still have a strong squad.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Either way I'm dealing in facts and not getting stupid about a few Twitter rumours about a bid for a player.

Your acting like there has been a major fire sale with all our key players leaving, as yet we haven't sold one single player and although we haven't done quite as much business in as we would like we still have a strong squad.

'It' has to get off on something...I wouldn't bother paying attention too much

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I obviously dont know for sure but the impression I get is that at the moment The Albion have not accepted a bid for Dale Stephens,and he is very much still in their plans. Whether or not that will change in the next 24/48 hours who knows. Should it change and he goes should we consider perhaps looking at bringing Liam Bridcutt back to play in front of the back four and push Kayal more forward as the AM or bring in Alex Pritchard who appears to be out of favour at Tottenham as the AM.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I obviously dont know for sure but the impression I get is that at the moment The Albion have not accepted a bid for Dale Stephens,and he is very much still in their plans. Whether or not that will change in the next 24/48 hours who knows. Should it change and he goes should we consider perhaps looking at bringing Liam Bridcutt back to play in front of the back four and push Kayal more forward as the AM or bring in Alex Pritchard who appears to be out of favour at Tottenham as the AM.

We don't play with a man sitting in front of the back four anymore.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We don't play with a man sitting in front of the back four anymore.

Even in a 4-4-2 formation 1 of the middle 2 is usually a more defensive minded midfielder. In our case it more often than not Stephens who gets forward so we just swap Bridcutt for Stephens and push Kayal forward not exactly playing in front of the back 4 as a 5th defender but as the more defensive of the 2 middle men. I hope we keep Stephens but am thinking of the worst possible scenario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here