Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Daily Express

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And this is worse. At least with the Brighton one it was an unedited picture of Brighton. With James Cracknell, they've photoshopped someone into a photo for the sake of creating a news story.

Desperate and contemptuous in equal measure.

What is beneath contempt id the fact that it is James Cracknell, Olympic gold medallist and all round Good Guy ! I could fully understand it if they tried to stitch up a soap star or minor tv celeb that they don't like.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Apologies - you are absolutely correct. That will teach me to blather without doing my research. :facepalm:

Lord Rothermere....so indeed the Mirror has even less credibility as a labour paper than even I gave it credit.

The Daily Worker was indeed the Morning Star.

Guess its credibility depends on how long the original ownership is held against them. It's been Labour-supporting since the 1945 landslide, so there can't be many people still around who were readers when it was getting flirty with fascism. Think 75 years is more than enough penance, personally.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Guess its credibility depends on how long the original ownership is held against them. It's been Labour-supporting since the 1945 landslide, so there can't be many people still around who were readers when it was getting flirty with fascism. Think 75 years is more than enough penance, personally.

Isn't that what Klaus Barbie said when they finally nicked him? ???

I thought it was the Mail, though, that ran 'thoughtful' articles about 'nice' Mr Hitler and the 'Jewish Question'?

Never forgive, never forget, is my motto, even if I don't properly know what I'm talking about :wink:

Jan 30, 2008

I thought it was the Mail, though, that ran 'thoughtful' articles about 'nice' Mr Hitler and the 'Jewish Question'?

Never forgive, never forget, is my motto, even if I don't properly know what I'm talking about :wink:

Once a student always a student :wink:
Regards
DF

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

According to the Roy Greenslade piece, the Mirror ran the same article written by Rothermere that was headlined "Hurrah for the Blackshirts" in the Mail, but with a slightly less approving headline (Give the Blackshirts a Helping Hand).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
According to the Roy Greenslade piece, the Mirror ran the same article written by Rothermere that was headlined "Hurrah for the Blackshirts" in the Mail, but with a slightly less approving headline (Give the Blackshirts a Helping Hand).

Wow. It was the blackshirts marching with Mosely in his armoured car down Tooley Street that drove my dad, age 15, to join the communist party. His best pal was Jewish, but the main reason, he told me (I paraphrase) was that Mosely came across as a pompous bullying coward (in today's parlance, a cockjuggling gold-plated thundercunt) in his armoured car. Shameful days. But I digress.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still a bit of a misrepresentation by using a telephoto lens........would look very different from above.

Also using all the vacant space in the foreground and to the side and above with the headline and using the compressed area with people free ...giving the illusion of crowds?...look at the two photos side by side and they give a different impression...some may say they’ve been clever

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Still a bit of a misrepresentation by using a telephoto lens........would look very different from above.

Aye, there's been a lot of that.

Still a very different accusation to intentionally using a year-old photo.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Aye, there's been a lot of that.

Still a very different accusation to intentionally using a year-old photo.

It is, yes.

I saw what Rob wrote in Twitter and was unsure as to whether he was correct.

But the fact remains that using an out of date photo, or a deliberate distortion are the same thing. A dishonest representation.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What proof have we that the photo is old?

As I said the rubbish/recycling bin went in in November. The cranes were their this morning as my hazy photo shows. The photo the Express used may not have been this weekend but likely to have been during lockdown. It’s my doorstep and it does get that busy at random times.

Only interested in dating the photo no other shitfest arguing please.

FEABF03E-7B63-4EC1-A1AC-CB895F82B4F3.jpeg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Interesting article here about the use of perspective and different types of lenses.

Interesting and shows how flawed it is to use photographs as 'proof' of people not social distancing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here