Baz & Battipiedi
Ryan Harley
Stephen Dobbie
Aaron Hughes

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Comparing Dahoud with the funny money printer and one of the biggest waste of oxygen and awful attitude to sign for the Albion is an unfair comparison. Peake was the individual who requested moving expenses from Lancashire as part of his transfer deal. He then promptly purchased a house in Leicester. One (probably only) positive decision Bellotti ever made was refusing to pay Peake's expenses when he presented the bill. Departed for Bury at the start of the next season where in an interview with the club programme, he bad mouthed the Albion and its fans, claiming his wife had been abused. Albion fans had enough on their plates that season without bothering with Mrs Peake.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Alan Biley. A real 'name' player in his day. Rubbish here.
Well what do you expect when you sign a player from Pompey!

Seriously though, although he may have under deiivered, l wouldn't go as far as to say he was rubbish, he bagged us a few goals, and we have had far worse.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Signing players from The Netherlands should always come with a health warning. Mark Farrington came from Feynoord. Locadia came to us from PSV. Then there was Danny Holla!
Denis Bergkamp and Virgil Van Dyke came from the Netherlands too. although not us us unfortunately, (although the latter nearly did).

My point is that the Netherlands produces some fantastic talent, may of them succeeding in the Premier League. Why is it we only seem to get the dross?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pretty sure we signed him from Stoke on a free in the close season between leaving Gillingham and playing at Withdean, sure he played in friendlies and then we sold him to Hibernian for 100k before the season kicked off. Stand to be corrected though.
I don't think he played at all, and was gone in a week.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I remember being excited by the Kemy Agustien signing. A Swansea supporting mate of mine said we'd gotten a good deal.

I've since questioned every single word out of his mouth.
I had a similar experience with a Newcastle mate who recommended Leon Best.

It turned out that he thought he was good because he once scored against Sunderland.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That was injury wasn't it. I don't really get this "didn't work out" thing. Why didn't it? Player couldn't
be arsed to try? Club made it difficult for him? What?
Yes. It was mostly injury. I guess the wrong example. But even when fit he didn’t not look like the player I was expecting.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That was injury wasn't it. I don't really get this "didn't work out" thing. Why didn't it? Player couldn't
be arsed to try? Club made it difficult for him? What?
Herr Doctor, he said he operated on his foot in the physio room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here