1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
...problem now solved. Post deleted.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My mate was a bit under the weather this morning, so we pottered it a bit. Forecast looking good for the next few days so will get some bonus rides in this week off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people twice in a week I've had to scouring the depths of page 5 to bring our little thread back.

Anyhoo I do actually have a reason this time.

Jnr's out grown his red Lusso children's long sleeve jersey, as good as new.
It's well lined with a slightly fleecy back panel making ideal for Autumn.

I'd say it's 7-8-9 year old.
Jnr will be 10 next month and although it almost still fits, it's a bit too 'tight'.

So the first geek to PM me their address is welcome to it, gratis.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I'm being nagged to provide some ideas for Xmas presents I'd like. Having spent loads on bikes I think my cycling wardrobe could now do with some updating. I know a few of you have recommended Morvelo, and I quite like the look of some of their stuff.

Can anyone comment on what their sizing is like? I'm roughly 5'11", 33" waist, 42" chest and 12st6lbs. My Assos bibs are a large, so I'd probably guess large jersey and bib.

Bit miffed that they are offering a free cap with the purchase of a jersey, but don't have any black and white caps, as I was looking at their black and white jerseys and bibs.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Top google streetview image. I understand he's towing a chimp.

desktop-1409332296.png

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I'm being nagged to provide some ideas for Xmas presents I'd like. Having spent loads on bikes I think my cycling wardrobe could now do with some updating. I know a few of you have recommended Morvelo, and I quite like the look of some of their stuff.

Can anyone comment on what their sizing is like? I'm roughly 5'11", 33" waist, 42" chest and 12st6lbs. My Assos bibs are a large, so I'd probably guess large jersey and bib.

Bit miffed that they are offering a free cap with the purchase of a jersey, but don't have any black and white caps, as I was looking at their black and white jerseys and bibs.
I'm about 5'11", 75kg but with long body and shirt legs! Sizing is difficult -

Santini gilet - XL
Shorts - L
Craft Base Layer - 1 x S & 1 x M

I'd guess you'd usually be a large.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sensing there's some appetite for x-factor alternatives tonight, head over to channel 4 for a new series of Guy Martin's Speed. Its another pedaling themed one.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The kids have asked to go over to the Preston Park track for a ride around this half term. It's the 15 yr old that's particularly keen, but I'd like to take the younger ones as well. Youngest is 6. Is this wise or will she be a liability and a danger to herself and others riding on the track? (she's quite happy doing miles of cycle tracks with us and pretty confident). The 15 yr old and 9 yr old will be on road bikes with me but the 6 yr old would be on her little Raleigh Molly.

If we can all go, any ideas what would be the best day and time?

I assume from here: http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/con...d-green-spaces/cycling-preston-park-velodrome that use of the track is free?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The kids have asked to go over to the Preston Park track for a ride around this half term. It's the 15 yr old that's particularly keen, but I'd like to take the younger ones as well. Youngest is 6. Is this wise or will she be a liability and a danger to herself and others riding on the track? (she's quite happy doing miles of cycle tracks with us and pretty confident). The 15 yr old and 9 yr old will be on road bikes with me but the 6 yr old would be on her little Raleigh Molly.

I assume from here: http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/con...d-green-spaces/cycling-preston-park-velodrome that use of the track is free?

Don't you want ultimate mini wearing a nice Lusso top with Molly?

Brace yourselves chaps later tonight unkie Stat will, for one night only, be The Cyclecross Storyteller :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure what happened today. I was fine for 40km then everything just ceased up!
You or the bike?

If it's you ... meh.
If it's the bike ... Oh my god, what happened, how is it. :lol:

Sensing there's some appetite for x-factor alternatives tonight, head over to channel 4 for a new series of Guy Martin's Speed. Its another pedaling themed one.

Cheers Moto we're big GM fans since the last series, the fella has such a brilliant personality.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Don't you want ultimate mini wearing a nice Lusso top with Molly?

Brace yourselves chaps later tonight unkie Stat will, for one night only, be The Cyclecross Storyteller :lol:

To be fair SB you've been very good to me in the way of sending me things, gratis. I know others on here have kids too and if they wanted first dibs then that would be fairest. If you get no takers however then it will certainly get use here :thumbsup:

Look forward to the Cyclocross stories. I think ours would be up for some of that if I could find events fairly local, but I'm not sure I can be arsed with assisting with the major bike cleaning afterwards and the inevitable grief I'd get from Mrs1066 to be honest.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Do it! The track is nice and controlled, especially with Preston Park's shallow banking and "un-velodrome" feel to it. (I'm assuming it's still a 500m asphalt job?)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

I would say that your guesses are pretty much spot on.

They have their stuff in Prestige Cycles in George Street - you could try it for size!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Do it! The track is nice and controlled, especially with Preston Park's shallow banking and "un-velodrome" feel to it. (I'm assuming it's still a 500m asphalt job?)

I'll definitely take the 9 and 15 yr old over, but just wondering about the youngest really, in terms of other riders potentially whizzing round. We've all been over there on a Sunday morning before just to watch some kids races to see what they thought, both of the track and the racing. None of them were too keen to give racing a go just yet, despite some bloke urging me to get the youngest involved as his nipper was the only one racing at that age group and was chucked in with the bigger kids. But all want to return for a spin round together to get the feel of it, so this half term it'll be an ideal day out.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

It is free, anyone can turn up and have a go.

It isn't like a velodrome at all, and there is only banking on one side - which is pretty shallow. All levels of cyclists can be found there - people teach their kids to cycle there! It's quite fun, but not overly exciting.

Don't go on Tuesday evening as Brighton Mitre have their chain gang going then. Any other time, fine.

It's Tarmac.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It is free, anyone can turn up and have a go.

It isn't like a velodrome at all, and there is only banking on one side - which is pretty shallow. All levels of cyclists can be found there - people teach their kids to cycle there! It's quite fun, but not overly exciting.

Don't go on Tuesday evening as Brighton Mitre have their chain gang going then. Any other time, fine.

It's Tarmac.

Nice one Pogue, thanks, this is basically what I'm after knowing, how little ones will be received on there and when it's likely to be booked out. We'll take in the swings and slides just next to it too to try to fill the day out, because as you say, it's not overly exciting :lol:, but they're all keen so will enjoy it as a day out anyway. They're a competitive bunch between themselves, so a stop watch will be in tow and some fun racing will definitely be on the cards. We'll soon get the measure of it and work out who starts where on the track to try to get some photo finishes set up as well :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here