[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well done Cav - finished it in style. I know some have found this a disappointing Giro, and the snow certainly had a negative effect at times (particularly when stage 19 had to be cancelled), but I've loved it, as usual. The Giro is my favourite race.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's no way Modolo should have lost that.

He did everything right and still got hammered by 2 lengths, with Cav easing up.

Fantastic ride from a proper current sporting legend.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Well done Cav - finished it in style. I know some have found this a disappointing Giro, and the snow certainly had a negative effect at times (particularly when stage 19 had to be cancelled), but I've loved it, as usual. The Giro is my favourite race.

Love watching a good sprint finish, he looked so strong and looking forward to seeing him again in the TDF. I have enjoyed the Giro, just annoyed me that the TV schedule has been so rubbish so it's been hard to watch many stages.

So how comes Nibali is not contesting the TDF?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, Cav certainly is a living legend. We're watching history being made here.

Salvaged something from the transfers and budget today...1,4,5,7,11. I can imagine some people having a full house from 1st to 6th though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Love watching a good sprint finish, he looked so strong and looking forward to seeing him again in the TDF. I have enjoyed the Giro, just annoyed me that the TV schedule has been so rubbish so it's been hard to watch many stages.

Too much racing to do TdF as well as he's peaked for the Giro. He'll be back in fine form for the Vuelta though, which again promises to be a great race.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Yeah, that TV schedule was rubbish - and I only noticed that Sky were showing highlights (at a much more sensible time) as well as Eurosport right near the end. I've been recording the stages, and watching the last 50km or so (or 20km in mountain stages) when I got home.

Nibali has had a brilliant early season - this is his 3rd stage race victory, I think, and he must be knackered. There's no way he'd be at peak fitness levels for the Tour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Love watching a good sprint finish
There's so much going on, but they make it look so slow and easy.

Short of an idiot guide being shouted in my ear, I could never have any part of the last 5kms.
I'd just explode with panic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]338690863465111552[/tweet]

I've seen worse lists!

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
[tweet]338690863465111552[/tweet]

I've seen worse lists!

I find it interesting the huge interest that the media take in Bradley Wiggins (not that he does not deserve it) compared with Cavendish who I feel matches the achievement of Wiggins. I guess it has a lot to do with personality but that it a pretty massive achievement by Cav

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find it interesting the huge interest that the media take in Bradley Wiggins (not that he does not deserve it) compared with Cavendish who I feel matches the achievement of Wiggins. I guess it has a lot to do with personality but that it a pretty massive achievement by Cav
Traditionally it's always down to the Yellow Jersey, and nothing else.

The country Cav is the most underrate is definitely here, with his god-like status on the continent.

But I fully believe that now, as Cav is such a big character (Sports Personality of the Year) that Joe Public can now differentiate between yellow and green/red.

That being said, the run up to Le Tour will all be about Froome v Wiggins & Team Sky, even though Cav, fingers crossed, will be the first wearer of the Yellow Jersey.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You pipped me! How did visconti get so many points?
It's a simple plan.

Wait till Stat removes me from his team then win everything, safe in the knowledge he won't put me back in out of spite.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going in tomorrow. After my ride (assuming it is dry).

No not yet. Lying low on purchases right now. I might go for proper pedals and shoes first but if I pull off that 200 using our vouchers, it'll be a long time before I can get away with more bike related purchases. Squeak.
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40091&t=12924061

or a more realistically

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40091&t=12924114

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40091&t=12923809

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Thanks SB. I'm beginning to wonder if a basic cadence device might be a sensible way to start all this computer business.

Watching the last 50kms now. A kind stage after yesterday which seems fair. 1 point off 7th in our league. That error really cost me. Next competition not too long a wait, so I can try to go higher with my semi random selections.

Off out again tomorrow morning. I'll try not to go over the bars with better functioning brakes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks SB. I'm beginning to wonder if a basic cadence device might be a sensible way to start all this computer business.

Watching the last 50kms now. A kind stage after yesterday which seems fair. 1 point off 7th in our league. That error really cost me. Next competition not too long a wait, so I can try to go higher with my semi random selections.

Off out again tomorrow morning. I'll try not to go over the bars with better functioning brakes.
I have no idea of any ebay etc prices, but the 500 seems like a pretty good deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports