[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
Fantastic by Cav, seems like he has got the right team around him now. Do you guys think he can win the points classification again at the TDF this year?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wish I'd seen those odds, it's like giving away cash!
Those odds cost me a large amount of fantasy points, as they were the final nail to convince me Cav wouldn't cope with today, after yesterday.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Mouth watering battles against Sagan in prospect!

Don't think Cav can won green though. Satan got more points than anyone since Sean Kelly last year - he picks up too many in the lumpy stages.

Have to say that Cav is starting to look back to top speed. His weight loss and climbing training for the Olympics last year really took the edge off but I think he could be on for 6 stages at the tour again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to retweet the latest childish missive from the fake Wiggins account.
Unfortunately after this week if google pulled out as well, I think Bozza would banish the lot of us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All ready for the mountains, I'll say the nationalities you say the rider.
That how predictable Team Stat is:-

4 x Columbians
2 x Italians
2 x Polish
I rogue Swiss, a la Mezgec I have no idea why he's sat in my team for nearly a week, but I just can't get rid.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

4 x Columbians
2 x Italians
2 x Polish
I rogue Swiss, a la Mezgec I have no idea why he's sat in my team for nearly a week, but I just can't get rid.

Lucky you didn't given the last couple of days.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011

4 x Columbians
2 x Italians
2 x Polish

Hi Stat, can i ask you a question. You obviously know loads about cycling, follow all the latest news and form and yet you seem to always end up right in the middle of the fantasy cycling league. Is this because you are playing by Stat rules and pay no attention or interest in how to get the points to shoot up the table. Are you picking cyclists purely on your own stat belief system?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Hi Stat, can i ask you a question. You obviously know loads about cycling, follow all the latest news and form and yet you seem to always end up right in the middle of the fantasy cycling league. Is this because you are playing by Stat rules and pay no attention or interest in how to get the points to shoot up the table. Are you picking cyclists purely on your own stat belief system?

Harsh! Especially from a man that is 800 points behind stat in the overall!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right a few points to pull you up on

Hi Stat, can i ask you a question. You obviously know loads about cycling,
Shouting loudest and knowing loads are very different.
you seem to always end up right in the middle of the fantasy cycling league.
This is frustratingly true.
Is this because you are playing by Stat rules and pay no attention or interest in how to get the points to shoot up the table. Are you picking cyclists purely on your own stat belief system?
There is no belief system, and reading instructions is for wimps & 1066 :lol:

I ALWAYS start pretty well, get a little lost in the second week, then pull it all together at the end, when it's easier.

In theory I should smash the 5 & 6 day tours, but I'm pretty crap at them too.

I think it's a mixture of laziness and familiarity breeding contempt.
Plus a perverse pleasure in wanting to pick the last rider.
I'm pooh hot in picking the 20 to 40 finishers, over time I must have picked 21st more than I have 1st.

I've had 5 & 7 points days this Giro, which I bet I've had in all grand tour middle weeks.
You ain't winnin nuffick with them scores.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was not meant as a dig and are quite surprised i'm only 800 points behind. My knowledge past the cycling big names is shockingly awful
T'is ok.

We all have bouts of luck good and bad.
I do also get a bit fixated on a pool of favourite riders, not to mention I like a good name.
It's a shame Jeff Soup, Billy Bonnet, et al, are all a bit sh*te.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
;) we all love a bit of stat baiting though! Did someone mention celeste bar tape?!
Now now, I'm still pretty tender from last weekends death in the family.

Lets not go there, just yet!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This puts a dent in my Haneo plans:-

[tweet]335500556258930688[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm at a loss as to what's going to happen with tomorrow's stage. Potentially we could end up with a 60km stage!, but surely that won't happen. I'm hoping any stage changes for Sunday don't screw up my fantasy long game, and worse still, kill the stage as a spectacle.

On a seperate note, short stages on this Giro have been one of the things that have helped make it so exciting I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports