Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hopefully you boys will be back on the mend soon.

Been off for ages, as the road on part of my commute was flooded, but back on this week.

Feck me it's chilly at 06:30 - but is getting my head pointing in the right direction.

We don't have many endorphins left - we need to take care of them!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To cheer everyone up here's a shite photo of tonight's glorious full moon.

IMG_20221207_161913_619.jpg

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Can someone explain to me why this isn't a genius invention as I'm just about to shell £30 and the only thing stopping is wondering why the hell don't all back lights do this.

What's to stop it bouncing off on our lovely bumpy roads ? Does it fit in a sleeve on the clamp ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Hi all,
Been a while since I posted in here, though I have been appreciating Stat's consistent kudos on Strava!

I'm now based in Mauritius so I won't rub any noses in the fact i've been riding all year in summer shorts and jersey - really heating up now! Big cycling scene here that, I guess, stems from the French connection. I even managed my first race in 22 years this season!

Thought I'd also drop a positive review for a Sussex-based company (https://www.orrobikes.com/) where I got my new roadbike - very impressed with it. Undoubtedly, a bit to do with moving from alloy and 11sp athena to carbon aero bike and 12sp record eps!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love my old home-built "Gravel" bike still...but it does keep needing constant attention, tweaking, & repairs.

So...do I push the button on this Marin to be my new commuter / gravel / mtb...?

View attachment 154514
It'll be rude not to buy it.
Are you sure you don't want one of these?

765-green-blue.jpg

I nearly had an accident when this popped up on my Twitter feed, yesterday.

I've rather enjoyed this week's subzero commute.
No wind or ice, so all I've needed to do is wear all my clothes and it's been fine.

We share our premises with another company, one of them is Ukrainian, he rode in the summer.
D looked at my bike and rather excitedly said "new bike".
To which I replied, "no this is my winter bike".
He looked confused, but fortunately another fella came over, we said the same.
He translated, D still looked confused.

"How many bikes you have?".
"Summer, Winter, Cafe and 3 others".

Eyes were rolled after the translation.

"You spend more on bikes than you car".
"F**k me, I spend more on Crystal palace than I do my car".

As I was the only one laughing - I'm guessing that didn't translate well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi all,
Been a while since I posted in here, though I have been appreciating Stat's consistent kudos on Strava!

I'm now based in Mauritius so I won't rub any noses in the fact i've been riding all year in summer shorts and jersey - really heating up now! Big cycling scene here that, I guess, stems from the French connection. I even managed my first race in 22 years this season!

Thought I'd also drop a positive review for a Sussex-based company (https://www.orrobikes.com/) where I got my new roadbike - very impressed with it. Undoubtedly, a bit to do with moving from alloy and 11sp athena to carbon aero bike and 12sp record eps!
Wow great to have you back - right up to the point you said you're in Mauritius!!

Sadly they're not my kudos' on Strava, I've not been on there for ages.

We'll eagerly await your race reports.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
So...do I push the button on this Marin to be my new commuter / gravel / mtb...?

Yes but not if @Stat Brother's suggestion is a similar price.
Hi all,

Possibly me you swimming swine. I had wondered whether you had done a bunk after enjoying a holiday there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Almost...if you X it by 4 ;)
Ah, I see now why you nearly had an accident.

Reminds me of this...

A lady was looking at a diamond necklace in Harrods. As she bent over to take a closer look, she farted. A shop assistant was behind her, and said 'Are you ok there Madam?'.
The lady was embarrassed in case her fart was heard, and stammered, 'I was just thinking about the price of the necklace, but I can't see it anywhere. What is the price please?'

To which the shop assistant replied, 'Madam, if just thinking about the price makes you fart, I fear if I told you the price you'd shit yourself'.

I'm here all week :thumbsup'

SeagullsD123

Dec 29, 2016
Hi all, I've picked up a Pashley Classic No.33 cargo trike and am turning it into a coffee trike. Once I've got an extra 120kg + my weight on there I'm aware I'm going to need a pretty good braking system. It currently has 2 caliper brakes on the front and a rear hub brake on the back. What would you recommend doing to the bike to make the braking system better? All feedback would be so appreciated as I'm a little lost!

Velo Project.jpg

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hi all, I've picked up a Pashley Classic No.33 cargo trike and am turning it into a coffee trike. Once I've got an extra 120kg + my weight on there I'm aware I'm going to need a pretty good braking system. It currently has 2 caliper brakes on the front and a rear hub brake on the back. What would you recommend doing to the bike to make the braking system better? All feedback would be so appreciated as I'm a little lost!

View attachment 154948
What exactly is a coffee trike?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A brown coloured tricycle that is only used for cycling AND NOTHING ELSE.
So a paint job to match the saddle then? What does that have to do with brakes? Or are we talking coffee breaks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here