Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Velo South you say? I'm in. Fukken ace. Time to start shedding that timber. There's a race to win. Shit or bust.

Nice one Moto.

Good to have a target to aim for. Have you done a century before, or will this be your first?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Nice one Moto.

Good to have a target to aim for. Have you done a century before, or will this be your first?

66 is my longest. None of that metric shite by the way.

This will come before a bit of a milestone so a ton then will mean something to me. The eye of the tiger is opening again. That said, I hope my mate drives. I don't want to be capable of doing anything much assuming I make the finish line. No point in having anything left in the tank.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

This will come before a bit of a milestone so a ton then will mean something to me. The eye of the tiger is opening again. That said, I hope my mate drives. I don't want to be capable of doing anything much assuming I make the finish line. No point in having anything left in the tank.

Will make this ride an even better experience then if it's also going to be your debut century. Good luck.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Will make this ride an even better experience then if it's also going to be your debut century. Good luck.

Yeah well done Moto.

Make sure it is your debut century as well, save it for the big event.
You don't have to train to 100 miles, you just need to get yourself to the point where you get on your bike in the morning and think shall I do 8 or 80 miles (75 but that doesn't alliterate) today?

If you can manage 75-80 miles you can 'easily' ride a 100.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yeah well done Moto.

Make sure it is your debut century as well, save it for the big event.
You don't have to train to 100 miles, you just need to get yourself to the point where you get on your bike in the morning and think shall I do 8 or 80 miles (75 but that doesn't alliterate) today?

If you can manage 75-80 miles you can 'easily' ride a 100.

It will be.

I know I'm going to need to be doing doing an 80 every week in the build up. That'll please the Mrs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It will be.

I know I'm going to need to be doing doing an 80 every week in the build up. That'll please the Mrs.

You don't have to go over the top, you just need to know you can do it.
Ride 80 miles at the end of August and if it's easy then you're done.
If not and you want another go then you've got time a couple of weeks later.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It will be.

Not necessarily. In fact, you want to be careful of over training and especially of cramming in the miles just before the event. It's all about the 'tapering'...apparently.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Strade Bianche today should be a good one again. Especially so this year as the white roads are in fact brown mud baths apparently. Wonder if SB has had a cheeky little bet on his new cyclo-cross World Champion?

And don't forget Paris Nice starts tomorrow too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Currently watching the women's race on Eurosport player. Conditions are very wet!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strade Bianche today should be a good one again. Especially so this year as the white roads are in fact brown mud baths apparently. Wonder if SB has had a cheeky little bet on his new cyclo-cross World Champion?

And don't forget Paris Nice starts tomorrow too.

I'd like too but the only odds I can find are 22/1, which seems a little tight.
Esp in a race containing my default Spring bet, Stybar, who at 9/2 is even skinnier for such a lottery of an event.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd like too but the only odds I can find are 22/1, which seems a little tight.
Esp in a race containing my default Spring bet, Stybar, who at 9/2 is even skinnier for such a lottery of an event.

It never ceases to amaze me how tight they are with odds on these races, which as you say, are lotteries. Kwia, then Stybar clear favourites for me, but even they should be more like 8's or 9's.

I've taken Benoot 16, Moscon 18 and Oss 50. Only small each ways just for even more excitement.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Tiesj Benoot! :bowdown: What a first big race win that was!

:clap2::rave:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Superb effort from Van Aert as well btw. Podium here could mean he's the new Stybar :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always good to take some pennies off the bookies, chapeau 10.

Loving how everybody looked like old man steptoe at the end. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tremendous stuff. He may never dig that deep again. Its how you should finish every ride.

What's happened to IL, not seen him on here in yonks?

It's certainly how you'll be cresting Harting Down!!
Down hill all the way, from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here