Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thank you for the kind offer, but as I'm 200 miles away, I'll politely decline. Thank you though. :)

I'll post it if you like. Would rather see it used than go to waste.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That would be amazing - I'm happy to pay whatever postage costs. Thank you. Shall I PM you?

Yeah, PM me the address and I'll post it as soon as I can sort a box for it.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I suspect that the path you're talking about gets horribly steep in parts - it certainly doesn't follow the road, so it's probably not a goer. Great idea, though.

It must be an 'interesting' marriage, you being a cycling geek, and her having disdain for all things cycling. :)

Great! An even bigger challenge for the climbers then if its extremely steep! I'll get on it straight away :)

As for the missus, lets just say she tolerates my bike fever.....!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I might be opting for a set of DCR wheels built by David Hunt in Ringmer. I'm thinking of going a bit bling with no branding brushed finish aluminium rims, stainless steel spokes with DCR blue hubs and blue nipples - I know, what am I thinking!? The present Bianchi set up as always been black wheels with black spokes and hubs, so it will be quite a visual change (along with the blue bar tape :bigwave: ). Thoughts on pimping my ride? :shrug: (I obviously need a blue saddle now too...)

I've had nothing but great reviews from people who've had the wheels built by David, and they are very much comparable in price and quality/spec. to say a set of Hunt wheels.

http://dcrwheels.co.uk/

https://www.instagram.com/dcrwheels/

wheels.JPG

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I might be opting for a set of DCR wheels built by David Hunt in Ringmer. I'm thinking of going a bit bling with no branding brushed finish aluminium rims, stainless steel spokes with DCR blue hubs and blue nipples - I know, what am I thinking!? The present Bianchi set up as always been black wheels with black spokes and hubs, so it will be quite a visual change (along with the blue bar tape :bigwave: ). Thoughts on pimping my ride? :shrug: (I obviously need a blue saddle now too...)

I've had nothing but great reviews from people who've had the wheels built by David, and they are very much comparable in price and quality/spec. to say a set of Hunt wheels.

View attachment 88018

David Hunt's wheels are similar in spec and price to Hunt's wheels?

Blimey, they get about, those Hunts.

But yes, bling it up. I love a bit of bike bling, me.

Unless it's celeste.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
David Hunt's wheels are similar in spec and price to Hunt's wheels?

Blimey, they get about, those Hunts.

But yes, bling it up. I love a bit of bike bling, me.

Unless it's celeste.

Yeah, David Hunt set up DCR Wheels, which is completely separate from Hunt Wheels. Not confusing at all...

David will talk to you about your weight, riding style, type of riding, durability v performance you want and go through a recommended set of options. He then offers truing through the life of his wheels, and warranties the parts. Lot of bang for your buck in the long term.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yeah, David Hunt set up DCR Wheels, which is completely separate from Hunt Wheels. Not confusing at all...

David will talk to you about your weight, riding style, type of riding, durability v performance you want and go through a recommended set of options. He then offers truing through the life of his wheels, and warranties the parts. Lot of bang for your buck in the long term.

Hmmm, sounds good. Do you have to wait for ages like 1066 did for his Hunts?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

View attachment 88018

You might need a third colour.

Phil built a Colnago, I think it was matt black and white (although I'm not sure, t'was a while ago) anyhoo it was a nice looking bike but just didn't look right, and none of us could put a finger on why.

It's only when he added very dark blood red, QR's, clamp, caps and BB cups, did it seriously elevate the bike.

Be careful, you don't want to end up with the blue version of:-

s-l225.jpg :lol:

Yeah I liked the way DCR write up their wheels, making it so obvious to buy the top spec.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Yesterday evening, I had a nice 33k ride. I've signed up for a 96km sportive, so thought I had better get some miles in. The gears weren't indexing very well, but that was expected as it isn't long since I've replaced the cables.

Anyway, tonight I decided to degrease, index the gears, stick on some GT45 and pump up the tyres. Guess what. My ****ing track pump exploded. I'm currently trying to scrub grease from my clothes. Argh!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well I don't know what you cool cats did as part of your pre match distractions today but me and the monkey went out on a tandem. Amazingly incident free.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
IMG_9120.JPG

The Crireium de Quillan yesterday was great fun - 75 laps of my little town, beer with mates, top riders and Bouhanni winning ahead of Calmejanne and Slvain Chavanel in glorious sunshine.

The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
View attachment 88216

The Crireium de Quillan yesterday was great fun - 75 laps of my little town, beer with mates, top riders and Bouhanni winning ahead of Calmejanne and Slvain Chavanel in glorious sunshine.

The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I'm surprised you didn't take Boohoo on the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here