Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well...it was over five years old...
While your here Pogue.

I was chatting with Col de Col today, and we were talking about his French ride next year.
As Tourmalet and Ventoux were mentioned I paid a little more attention, they are climbs I would like to do.

In the unlikely event of talk becoming action, are either of them close enough to Chez Pogue?

Last edited:

Thanks. Being in the mountains and doing some riding is some consolation, and at least it wasn't my first Etape. Home now, drizzle, low temperatures and an Ofsted inspection. Someone's got it in for me.

Blimey, you got it going on! Our ofsted due pre Xmas. Good luck tho'. Maybe we could sort a geeks etape next year?? Stat???? On a plus Pogue summer break is looming. I'm very xcited about getting out there if the feckin sun ever decides to come out to play!😂

While your here Pogue.

I was chatting with Col de Col today, and we were talking about his French ride next year.
As Tourmalet and Ventoux were mentioned I paid a little more attention, as they are climbs I would like to do.

In the unlikely event of talk becoming action, are either of them close enough to Chez Pogue?

Now that's the sh*t i'm talking about!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
While your here Pogue.

As Tourmalet and Ventoux were mentioned I paid a little more attention, they are climbs I would like to do.

About 100km away, unfortunately!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Blimey, you got it going on! Our ofsted due pre Xmas. Good luck tho'. Maybe we could sort a geeks etape next year?? Stat???? On a plus Pogue summer break is looming. I'm very xcited about getting out there if the feckin sun ever decides to come out to play!��

I'll be over there in two weeks sorting the place out. Should be up and running as a Chambres d'Hotes next summer. Mates' rates will be in force!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
While your here Pogue.

Tourmalet is 100km, Ventoux is much, much further. Some great climbing to be done, though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've just google mapped the s**t out of Quillan, it looks well lush!

I can already smell the river when it's full of snow melt.
You're going to have to cut holes just to get through fresh air. :smile:

It is a superb place with a big cycling community, white water rafting and skiing within 45 minutes drive. That area of the Pyrenees is relatively undiscovered, so property is ludicrously cheap. Quillan's population is apparently 25% British, but in a Francophile kind of way.

I am quite looking forward to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here