Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The Epic wiggle sportive that turned into the Tragic. :facepalm: 1.1 mile into the ride, first man down, not a bad one so we carry on. 22 miles in first food stop, waited and waited second man down, knackered bike, knackered knee and bruised ribs. :down: So group decision to cut it to the Standard ride. First sportive for me. Blimey didn't think it would be this exciting. :eek: He ho!!! Time for a beer. :drink:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The Epic wiggle sportive that turned into the Tragic. :facepalm: 1.1 mile into the ride, first man down, not a bad one so we carry on. 22 miles in first food stop, waited and waited second man down, knackered bike, knackered knee and bruised ribs. :down: So group decision to cut it to the Standard ride. First sportive for me. Blimey didn't think it would be this exciting. :eek: He ho!!! Time for a beer. :drink:

Today? A midweek sportive?

How many riders were there?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

And you paid for all that misfortune as well. To think, you could have made up your own route for free and still packed in the misery. :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did you get on, it's pretty lumpy round there with the easiest being Box Hill :shrug:

Why am I the only one in the league?

How do 'we' get our jersey in?
Cos nobody is stooopid enough to enter their team and risk forgetting about it!!
We've got 10 days to go yet, I just saw it was there so set up our league to make sure it was in everybody mind.

And that is the million dollar question.
I do still have some bespoke jerseys on file (somewhere) but have never sent one off for inclusion.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Off for some riding in Brittany tomorrow. Ferry in to Cherbourg, three days down to St Malo, then some r & r with the Mrs with some other cycling thrown in.

Of course this is all dependent on Southern getting me to Portsmouth Harbour by 9am, then French port workers not being on so much of a strike that we cannot actually get there! Wish me luck.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Speak for yourself.

This is why its pointless me going on a greeks' ride. I'll inevitably take a different route.
At least you'll be warm, how is Athens this time of year?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Off for some riding in Brittany tomorrow. Ferry in to Cherbourg, three days down to St Malo, then some r & r with the Mrs with some other cycling thrown in.

Of course this is all dependent on Southern getting me to Portsmouth Harbour by 9am, then French port workers not being on so much of a strike that we cannot actually get there! Wish me luck.

Have a good one P, sounds great.

Does nipping in quick to the polling station figure in your travel plans as well?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
How did you get on, it's pretty lumpy round there with the easiest being Box Hill :shrug:

Cos nobody is stooopid enough to enter their team and risk forgetting about it!!
We've got 10 days to go yet, I just saw it was there so set up our league to make sure it was in everybody mind.

And that is the million dollar question.
I do still have some bespoke jerseys on file (somewhere) but have never sent one off for inclusion.

Yeah agree Box hill nothing special, nice gradient. Glad I ride the South Downs though.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have a good one P, sounds great.

Does nipping in quick to the polling station figure in your travel plans as well?

Postal vote. Though two trains cancelled so far is making it more difficult to get the ferry!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah agree Box hill nothing special, nice gradient. Glad I ride the South Downs though.
Yeah the South Downs shades it, although in with all the 4x4 traffic and main roads the northerners do have some nice longer climbs instead of our short sharp shocks.

New page:-
Velogames Fantasy TdF League
Name NSC Geeks
League Code: 41202037269

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here