Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Back to a proper sport today.

Had a couple of small punts. Siutsou 80-1 and Txurruka 125-1. Looks like a decent stage, one for the breakaway probably but something there for the GC guys too. Off work today too, so I can catch the whole thing.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Dear Cyclists

As you recall, I deliver Track Cycling Experiences at the Lee Valley Velo Park hosted by GB Cycling Gold Medallists. With the recent events in British Cycling shall we say precluding many volunteers from the recent crop, we are now going to be given a rare candid assessment in the Q and A session from REBECCA ROMERO. This follows a 75 minute session on the track culminating in a Flying Lap.

We have one on Thursday 19th May...yes 48 hours from now.

As always we have drop outs and happy to accept last minute riders.

Time slots are 10am and 3pm.

The cost is £100.

All equipment is provided, no need to bring anything but the clothes you wish to ride in.

E-mail me via the site if you're interested.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Back to a proper sport today.

Had a couple of small punts. Siutsou 80-1 and Txurruka 125-1. Looks like a decent stage, one for the breakaway probably but something there for the GC guys too. Off work today too, so I can catch the whole thing.

Siutsou isn't that far down on GC though is he? Can't see him being given any rope.

Update: My man Boem in the break again.

Bad news for the race is that Landa has abandoned today. Looks like illness.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bad news for the race is that Landa has abandoned today. Looks like illness.
Ho-hum it looks like last Saturday will be the highlight of my Fantasy team at this years Giro.

I guess I should be pleased the ref didn't push him off the road.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ho-hum it looks like last Saturday will be the highlight of my Fantasy team at this years Giro.

I guess I should be pleased the ref didn't push him off the road.

Fantasy wise I don't mind Landa not being there anymore as I wouldn't have picked up any assist points now Viviani is out.

For the race though it's a big shame to see one of the GC favourites out.

Very interesting stage today. Lovely win for Ciccone, the young Bardiani rider. A few more points in the bag for Boem again :)

Interesting seeing Brambilla working for Jungels at the end there. Brambilla should be well up for some more stage hunting this Giro I think.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another one bites the dust...

Dumoulin has climbed off today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A lovely looking beastie of a climb at 20kms, although I wouldn't like to attempt it from either side on open roads.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A lovely looking beastie of a climb at 20kms, although I wouldn't like to attempt it from either side on open roads.

Nibali really is a demon descender. Chaves surprised me though. Gutted Brambilla was caught up in that mass pile up with Pozzovivo. Bob done superbly on his own but Brambilla would have been a great help for him as Brambilla's descending is almost on another level to Nibs even!

This Giro is certainly delivering on excitement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nibali really is a demon descender. Chaves surprised me though. Gutted Brambilla was caught up in that mass pile up with Pozzovivo. Bob done superbly on his own but Brambilla would have been a great help for him as Brambilla's descending is almost on another level to Nibs even!

This Giro is certainly delivering on excitement.
I like the way Steven K found himself on the front of the descent only to sit up saying 'nah it's ok I'll just follow'.
I don't blame him in the slightest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] what's the latest news on 'groupset chat?'.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Fantasy wise I don't mind Landa not being there anymore as I wouldn't have picked up any assist points now Viviani is out.

For the race though it's a big shame to see one of the GC favourites out.

Very interesting stage today. Lovely win for Ciccone, the young Bardiani rider. A few more points in the bag for Boem again :)

Interesting seeing Brambilla working for Jungels at the end there. Brambilla should be well up for some more stage hunting this Giro I think.

Just had my first look at the Fantasy League for several days. What a surprise to see who's on top. :salute:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just had my first look at the Fantasy League for several days. What a surprise to see who's on top. :salute:

Hmmm, not sure it will stay that way though. Modolo alone could win it for you as Viviani went home ages ago. You've made up a lot of ground just on today's stage.

I see we share Jungels and AVV. Could end up as a battle between your Chaves & Majka v my Zakarin and Firsanov. I fancy your chances there.

My biggest hope is if Kudus delivers in the high mountains. Boem should have at least one other attack in him as well I hope. Brambilla has a lot less freedom than I'd hoped as he's working for Jungels now.

It's been a fantastic Giro so far, but it starts to get serious tomorrow. The next two stages look mouthwatering! Add in the mountain TT on Sunday and we'll see the real GC battle really take shape.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Hmmm, not sure it will stay that way though. Modolo alone could win it for you as Viviani went home ages ago. You've made up a lot of ground just on today's stage.

I see we share Jungels and AVV. Could end up as a battle between your Chaves & Majka v my Zakarin and Firsanov. I fancy your chances there.

My biggest hope is if Kudus delivers in the high mountains. Boem should have at least one other attack in him as well I hope. Brambilla has a lot less freedom than I'd hoped as he's working for Jungels now.

It's been a fantastic Giro so far, but it starts to get serious tomorrow. The next two stages look mouthwatering! Add in the mountain TT on Sunday and we'll see the real GC battle really take shape.

I've had a soft spot for Chaves since seeing him several times in the hills around Nice last year. Always had a nod and a smile, it was if he recognised US after a few days.

Modolo could prove to be a diamond for me.

I am loving this Giro. That Time Trial...it must be hard enough staying upright on one of those 'bikes' at the best of times, but in the rain...

Saturday looks great, which gives us a brilliant reason to utterly ignore the football.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've had a soft spot for Chaves since seeing him several times in the hills around Nice last year. Always had a nod and a smile, it was if he recognised US after a few days.

Modolo could prove to be a diamond for me.

I am loving this Giro. That Time Trial...it must be hard enough staying upright on one of those 'bikes' at the best of times, but in the rain...

Saturday looks great, which gives us a brilliant reason to utterly ignore the football.

Modolo was my initial choice funnily enough, but I switched to Viviani because I thought I'd bag a good few assist points from Landa that way and also the points jersey comp.

Having said that, I was initially going to go Cance over Tom D, but Cance's stomach bug changed my mind. So swings and roundabouts and all that.

Oh, and yes, Chaves seems so happy go lucky it's impossible not to like him. Reminds me a bit of Madrazo like that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well you can't say I didn't warn you about Cance's stomach bug. I think it would have worked out very well for you if he'd been bluffing though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hey [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] what's the latest news on 'groupset chat?'.

Not sure still. I may just get the BB, then upgrade components as I go rather than wholesale groupset. Although club ride last night I was the only one without electronic shifting!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Although club ride last night I was the only one without electronic shifting!

Keep it that way. You are the coolest cat in the gang.

Man 'flu sees me working from home today. What to have on in the background? Decisions decisions. Giro or motogp at one of the greatest tracks. Hmmm

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here