Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Any idea why the women's Tour de Yorkshire is not on Eurosport 2 despite both their website and Sky listings saying it should be?

Is it on anywhere else? Can't seem to find it...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Thanks but not working. Comments on there saying the plane didn't take off so mo pictures, which would explain Eurosport not showing it either.

Ah, that'll explain it then.

Well worth bookmarking that site. I've watched some cracking Sporza HD streams from there as well as the usual Eurosport ones.
Hoping to be home in time today for live coverage of Romandie queen stage.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
How there wasn't a few tumbles towards the end I'll never know. Lead out fellas exiting left when the flyers were left too.

We need a Tour of London and the South East!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had my first off in a very long time today.

I was stupidly on the front coming down a narrow, rutted, gravelly descent.
I've only been down it once before, and knew it was tough but didn't know it well enough.
Thinking I'd already been round the tightest right turn, I miss judged the actual tightest turn.

The moment my front wheel touched the big pile of gravel that had built up on the apex, I knew the jig was up, and looked for a soft place to land.

Unfortunately I didn't unclip and was unceremoniously thrown over the handlebars with the rest of the bike following.

After I got up and dusted myself down, Colin burst out laughing. (and you wonder why I'm such a mercenary!!).

Other than a fair few scratches, and my brake hoods (I think) giving me a big dig in the ribs, it would appear only my pride is hurt.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think laughing is okay if bike and rider get away with it. I gave my gravel patch a lot of respect this morning.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I had my first off in a very long time today.

I was stupidly on the front coming down a narrow, rutted, gravelly descent.
I've only been down it once before, and knew it was tough but didn't know it well enough.
Thinking I'd already been round the tightest right turn, I miss judged the actual tightest turn.

The moment my front wheel touched the big pile of gravel that had built up on the apex, I knew the jig was up, and looked for a soft place to land.

Unfortunately I didn't unclip and was unceremoniously thrown over the handlebars with the rest of the bike following.

After I got up and dusted myself down, Colin burst out laughing. (and you wonder why I'm such a mercenary!!).

Other than a fair few scratches, and my brake hoods (I think) giving me a big dig in the ribs, it would appear only my pride is hurt.

Well?

Is it ok?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think laughing is okay if bike and rider get away with it. I gave my gravel patch a lot of respect this morning.

Well?

Is it ok?
All good thanks, I had another 30 miles and 2 decent climbs to get over so no problems.

Judging by his face I think the only possible way I could have stopped Colin laughing was if in my dying breath I said:-

'I've left the kids to you'. :lolol:

Other than that he was going to laugh irrespective of the damage to myself or the bike.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
All good thanks, I had another 30 miles and 2 decent climbs to get over so no problems.

Judging by his face I think the only possible way I could have stopped Colin laughing was if in my dying breath I said:-

'I've left the kids to you'. :lolol:

Other than that he was going to laugh irrespective of the damage to myself or the bike.

So did you lose grip entering or exiting the corner?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So did you lose grip entering or exiting the corner?
No, Quell Lane is a double digit descent that's pretty much single track wide.
The road is a bit zigzaggy and the surface quality is poor.

One of the zigs is almost 90 degree right, but the next one is considerably worse at a more acute angle.
I thought I was clear of the nasty bends but then found myself at the really tricky bend, too fast and reacting a second too slow.

I just couldn't get round and ran out of road, which was compounded by an inch of gravel.
So as soon as my front wheel was in that I knew I was done for, and went 'off road'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok geeks one last favour.

I need a ride for Tuesday as I'm a bit devoid of inspiration.

I've been doing a lot riding in the west of West Sussex, but have also ticked off Horsham and Brighton recently.
Hence being a little short of 'new' routes.

10 or so miles leeway around 60 miles should do the trick, from West Sussex.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I've been doing a lot riding in the west of West Sussex, but have also ticked off Horsham and Brighton recently.

That'll be West Sussex for you...."devoid of inspiration".

Should come over to the decent side, you'd never be found wanting over here :wink:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

If you can cross the border into RTW at lunchtime, I'll sort you a coffee on the Pantiles for the return.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

North up the West side of the A24, Box Hill, back down the East side of the A24. I'm sorry but you cannot avoid Horsham. It is like a black hole and it's event horizon is most of Sussex. Cyclists cannot avoid it's pull. You try to avoid it, but invariably end up on it's outskirts slamming your handlebars with frustation...WHY, WHY have we ended up going through Horsham again!!??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
North up the West side of the A24, Box Hill, back down the East side of the A24. I'm sorry but you cannot avoid Horsham. It is like a black hole and it's event horizon is most of Sussex. Cyclists cannot avoid it's pull. You try to avoid it, but invariably end up on it's outskirts slamming your handlebars with frustation...WHY, WHY have we ended up going through Horsham again!!??
That's why Hammerpond Rd, north of Mannings Heath was invented, a lovely road.

I was just looking at Barhatch Lane, but again it's tough to get too without using some much traveled roads.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Giro starts on Friday.

Be nice if we could get a decent sized fantasy league going for this one.

Who's up for it?

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I bought this beauty Friday. Giant Anthem Advance mountain bike 27.5 1 :)

2016_Giant_Anthem_Advanced_275_1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here