Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This season I'm representing Djibouti.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Think this should be the last time I'm allowed to set a fantasy league up.

Three bloody attempts to get the correct deadline info imparted :dunce:

Deadline for entries is actually midnight tonight. So come on stragglers, no excuses not to get a team in.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You do get a lot of idiots.

The thing is, when you get out into the countryside you can cycle in glorious isolation for miles. You discover parts of Sussex that you never knew existed, and cycle on roads that look like they have barely been used.

Unlike some of the more puritanical geeks on here (yes, I'm looking at you [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]), I love the variety of cycling that you get by being a roadie AND a mountain biker. My advice would be to get yourself a road bike and mix it up a bit!

weirdo :wrong:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow that has taken me a long time to get dressed for today's ride.

Stay turned for full and exciting reports about, Prendas' winter hat and double sock/pooh bag feet combo.
Plus a thrilling snood update.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wow that has taken me a long time to get dressed for today's ride.

Stay turned for full and exciting reports about, Prendas' winter hat and double sock/pooh bag feet combo.
Plus a thrilling snood update.

I hope you get round safely SB. Very cold on commute in today and plenty of ice around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey that was chilly.

According to Garmin we got down to -7.6c in the grim north, around Midhurst.
Easily the coldest I've ridden in.

Anyone who doesn't own a Prendas winter hat their life in incomplete. :bowdown:

Double sock and poohbag might have worked better as I don't think it was designed for such temperatures.
The other Colin, had winter boots and a pair of Summer socks on, with toasty warm feet, so sorry [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] I may well be biting that bullet.

The roads weren't to bad, we were very lucky that 2 cars had a coming together on the iciest stretch of road, so we were down to walking pace before the black ice.

A cracking ride and the first time my bidon has frozen!

Oh and I have no idea where my winkie is.
I look like Action Man's fat brother.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey that was chilly.

According to Garmin we got down to -7.6c in the grim north, around Midhurst.
Easily the coldest I've ridden in.

Anyone who doesn't own a Prendas winter hat their life in incomplete. :bowdown:

Double sock and poohbag might have worked better as I don't think it was designed for such temperatures.
The other Colin, had winter boots and a pair of Summer socks on, with toasty warm feet, so sorry [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] I may well be biting that bullet.

The roads weren't to bad, we were very lucky that 2 cars had a coming together on the iciest stretch of road, so we were down to walking pace before the black ice.

A cracking ride and the first time my bidon has frozen!

Oh and I have no idea where my winkie is.
I look like Action Man's fat brother.

Chapeau SB!... Although technically you need certifying rather than praising I suspect.

Perhaps not too much different than yesterday temperature wise but I dipped out of the longer commute home today as I was feeling a tad nervous about the ice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chapeau SB!... Although technically you need certifying rather than praising I suspect.

Perhaps not too much different than yesterday temperature wise but I dipped out of the longer commute home today as I was feeling a tad nervous about the ice.
It's not been a bad day.
When the scores are released I'm sure we'll find I've done my usual in fantasy.

It'll be downhill from tomorrow on wards.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's not been a bad day.
When the scores are released I'm sure we'll find I've done my usual in fantasy.

It'll be downhill from tomorrow on wards.

I should take a leaf out of your no tinkering tactic book. I had Renshaw and Wippert in my origin team, only to turf them out when I convinced myself I simply had to have Nizzolo instead.

I had originally gone for that UniSA rider too before some stat searching had me switching to the U23 brothers instead :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I should take a leaf out of your no tinkering tactic book. I had Renshaw and Wippert in my origin team, only to turf them out when I convinced myself I simply had to have Nizzolo instead.

I had originally gone for that UniSA rider too before some stat searching had me switching to the U23 brothers instead :facepalm:

5 x top 10
3 x Jerseys
2 x Team award.

All from a team that took less than a minute to put together.

Although I am kicking myself for missing out on Roger Kluge & Samuel Spokes. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here