Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Cramp. Experienced at a higher level this morning. Needed quite a few stops as it moved around the legs. First 35 limes were a blast though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Oh dear Richie Porte. A career as a GT contender is over for him. Rolling in yesterday and what appears to be a complete disaster in the TT thus far.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh dear Richie Porte. A career as a GT contender is over for him. Rolling in yesterday and what appears to be a complete disaster in the TT thus far.
it'll be interesting to see if Brailsford comes up with yet another cock and bull story to cover Porte's inadequacies over 3 weeks of pressure.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
it'll be interesting to see if Brailsford comes up with yet another cock and bull story to cover Porte's inadequacies over 3 weeks of pressure.

That result today suggests that Porte has now given up mentally and will probably pull out of this Giro now. Yes, he's had some bad luck, no denying that, but it isn't just bad luck that's done for Porte in this Giro is it. Oh well, they at least got the stage win today :lol:
Pretty impressive ride from Kruijswijk again today I see. He's finally showing something in a GT and I'd love to see him bag a stage win from a break in this Giro.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

He's hurt his knee, he is sick, he got lonely in his campervan. Unfortunately for Porte he just is not resilient enough for three weeks. He always has a Jour Sans at the very least, mostly he seems to get sick at some point in every GT, especially when the pressure is on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's hurt his knee, he is sick, he got lonely in his campervan. Unfortunately for Porte he just is not resilient enough for three weeks. He always has a Jour Sans at the very least, mostly he seems to get sick at some point in every GT, especially when the pressure is on.
Harking back to The Cycling Podcast again they made a great analogy, along the lines of:-

'you could cut off Contador's arm and he'd still find a way to win.
While Porte is looking for reasons to lose'.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Harking back to The Cycling Podcast again they made a great analogy, along the lines of:-

'you could cut off Contador's arm and he'd still find a way to win.
While Porte is looking for reasons to lose'.

Yesterdays crash illustrated that point very well.

Both caught up in it, both requiring the use of a team mates bikes ( by, team mate, I mean someone actually riding for the same team as you :wink:)

Both undoubted victims of bad luck. However, two very different outcomes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Having indulged in a spot of Sky & Porte bashing, I'd absolutely love it if predictions of him going home early were made to look silly and instead Porte and Sky came out tomorrow intent on animating the race at every opportunity now that they have nothing to lose.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
For me,the Bank Holiday ride fest is over. I appear to have grown some testicles under my jaw. Fukken ace that is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me,the Bank Holiday ride fest is over. I appear to have grown some testicles under my jaw. Fukken ace that is.
You need to lower your saddle :lol:

That's a real shame.
I've got a big ride planned with Col and a few others tomorrow, the profile to that will probably look like sharks teeth.
Plus my other cycling buddy Phil wants to ride a Crawley loop on Monday.

I wanted to see if [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] was out Wednesday morning, but arranging a ride on the proviso 'only if I can still move' seemed somewhat unfair, which is a shame.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Nurofen has calmed the swelling, but my mouth has been dry for hours. I might sneak out for a medium ride tomorrow. Enjoy yours!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not only is the Giro the best of the GT's in terms of racing, it knocks spots off of the other two in terms of scenery too.

Granted, TdF can look rather lovely in places, especially when they included Corsica, but the Vuelta's scenery would be improved by the inclusion of Croydon.

Fantastic stream here: http://bvls2013.com/stream4.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very soon I shall be watching today's stage from the comfort of the sofa.
I plan to stay awake for a good 10 minutes.

I just need to refuel first.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bert just sprinting for 2 seconds bonifications ahead of the Astana train :lol:

Why is he doing that?...because he can.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bert just sprinting for 2 seconds bonifications ahead of the Astana train :lol:

Why is he doing that?...because he can.
He might as well have got his willy out and waved it at the Astana train, as they went past and he slotted in at the back.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, Contador just in cruise mode now.

Big lose for Uran and JVB today. Konig will move up whilst Porte probably goes home having been dropped very early doors. Nice ride by Trofimov.

Most interesting to me now is to see if Kruiswijk can keep this excellent form up. Another big gain for him today. I was planning on backing him and Bentancur for a breakaway stage at some point (not today) but Kruiswijk must now be more interested in his highest ever GC placing because he's very strong and will only keep moving up on GC at this rate. Could kill two birds with one stone and make a massive leap up GC with a breakaway stage win , but he'll be more of a marked man now.

Looks like Intxausti has the KoM all sown up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My mate's selling his sons, used 3 times, 650 Btwin.

If anyone's interested I'll PM you his phone number.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is anyone riding tomorrow and after some company?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here