Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think Contador is ready enough for this, and as you can't reply on 'one bad day' Porte, I'm going for:-

Uran
Ulissi
Contador.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wonder if Tyrone will drop by later?

Looks like Gerrans will be wearing pink tonight. Bling in second place.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Another 'classic' days racing in Dunkirk!

Well worth a watch if you get the chance.

Oh, and...................Rudy Molard :)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Another 'classic' days racing in Dunkirk!

Well worth a watch if you get the chance.

Oh, and...................Rudy Molard :)

It was good wasn't it? Really enjoyed that.

As for the Giro it was not a very exciting TTT that one, Orica were always going to win it and none of the GC guys had really pony TTT teams. Well except Pozzovivo of course.

Thought Contador looks extremely undercooked, he should not have been struggling to hold the wheel amongst a team like that really.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Apparently today is... International back an Italian day...or some such bollox. So I've gone and backed two of them in order to beat everyone else to tomorrows ...a fool and his money day.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Apparently today is... International back an Italian day...or some such bollox. So I've gone and backed two of them in order to beat everyone else to tomorrows ...a fool and his money day.

Did you back the right one though?

Viviani was very impressive I thought. Timed his sprint perfectly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did you back the right one though?

Viviani was very impressive I thought. Timed his sprint perfectly.

I did win yes....the race to tomorrows - 'a fool and his money day' :(

Had Modolo and Pelucchi. Gutting thing is I opted for Pelucchi (20/1) over Hofland (18/1) after some deliberation :facepalm:

I can't believe I've got this far into the season withouit a single win. All last season's winnings are disappearing slowly but surely.

As you say though, very nice timing by Viviani, who to be honest, I didn't think had it in him to bag a big win.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    957.4 KB · Views: 95

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Anyone catch the ToC sprint? Looked like Cav of old, won it by streets after a perfect Renshaw lead out.

With Kittel's ongoing problems you're got to fancy Cav to add to his Tour tally this year.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Anyone catch the ToC sprint? Looked like Cav of old, won it by streets after a perfect Renshaw lead out.

With Kittel's ongoing problems you're got to fancy Cav to add to his Tour tally this year.

Just watched it, very impressive. You have to feel a fit and firing Kittel is the only person who can beat Cav at the moment. And that seems pretty unlikely, right now.

Finally caught up with all the aftermath of yesterday's Giro stage. It was total carnage with all those crashes. There are several GC outsiders who look out of it already.

Pozzovivo lost 1:09 yesterday and is now 1:57 down in total.
Niemiec and Ulissi 1:09 (2:08)
Atapuma 1:09 (1:34)
Szymd 1:09 (1:54)

That is a heck of a lot of time to have lost after two stages. Should mean some early attacks from these guys to get back in to it. Maybe stage 5 for a big attack from a few of these guys, providing they are uninjured after the crashes yesterday.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Should have checked the cycling news ticker, before posting that...

Ulissi and Atapuma in the 25 man break today.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pozzovivo looks desperately injured there. He looks in a dreadful way. Not sure he's hit the rock wall on the way down, but that looks very serious. Fingers crossed for him.

**update
Sounds like he's now moving. The initial pictures looked like it was very serious, life threatening even as he was lying face down unconscious. He could still be facing very serious injuries, but some good news that he is breathing on his own and talking at least.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
and here is the utter cock from yesterday, you can see him emerge from the bushes as if he's done nothing wrong, other than cause a huge crash. Brain dead.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Pozzovivo looks desperately injured there. He looks in a dreadful way. Not sure he's hit the rock wall on the way down, but that looks very serious. Fingers crossed for him.

Doesn't look good does it. Especially worrying was the way the first guy to him was grabbing him by the head. Hope all turns out well.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Doesn't look good does it. Especially worrying was the way the first guy to him was grabbing him by the head. Hope all turns out well.

The Giro race doctor has confirmed that Pozzovivo is out of any life threatening danger. Good news, but its clear how serious it is. Not been able to concentrate on the race after that really.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Impressive from Matthews.

Taxo Sinkoff seem to be working very hard so far considering they do not have the Maglia Rosa. All day today, and for quite a while in the final yesterday. Seems an odd thing to do really. They could have let that group go, only really Chavez who has any hope of retaining the jersey in the mountains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here