Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It doesn't seem to be a separate hanger, it's continuous with the frame (de Rosa milanino - only a few years old)

Really? That is not good news. Does it not undo from the inside, looks like it might do from some photos of those frames I have looked at. De Rosa seem to like painting their mech hangers in.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Really? That is not good news. Does it not undo from the inside, looks like it might do from some photos of those frames I have looked at. De Rosa seem to like painting their mech hangers in.
I'll investigate, it may be painted in as you say. I've seen spare milanino hangers for sale for about 12 quid so might be worth it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hi anyone doing the The fourth Greater Haywards Heath Bike Ride 31st May 2015 you can ride for fun or raise money for your own local charity enter as group riding for a charity and it cost you less to entry or just ride for fun. If you don't want to ride but you want to help why not be a Marshall. See www.hhbikeride.co.uk love to see a team riding for REMF on any of the four routes.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There can be no finer sight than what I've just seen down the sea front.

A fella riding along with the bib aspect of his shorts on the outside, dungaree style.
Although he did have his jersey all neatly tucked in, so it wasn't a complete mess. :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
There can be no finer sight than what I've just seen down the sea front.

A fella riding along with the bib aspect of his shorts on the outside, dungaree style.
Although he did have his jersey all neatly tucked in, so it wasn't a complete mess. :lolol:

At least he had a jersey on!

Urghhhh

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
At least he had a jersey on!

Urghhhh

That must of been a sight. Evening sir, what's the chances of organising another Geeks ride now the seasons nearly over and Summer almost here??? Geeks putting plenty of miles in. As you organised the last one I'd thought I'd throw it out there.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That must of been a sight. Evening sir, what's the chances of organising another Geeks ride now the seasons nearly over and Summer almost here??? Geeks putting plenty of miles in. As you organised the last one I'd thought I'd throw it out there.

Ah yes. Well my last effort was a total disgrace, so I will make up for it.

You are right. The time is now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was available then, but it's a bit late now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and I'm ready to accept this one might just be me, but:-

There can be no finer sight than when the sun is exactly behind you with your cycling shadow stretching out in front.
Getting the shadow perfectly lined up so bars, forks frame and wheels are all dead centre...

...happy days.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Who is doing the Wiggle The Long One this year?
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION] ? anymore??

Now quite tempted by this. A promotional email about the £10 worth of energy stuff if you enrol by Sunday just came through, and it had a video of last years event, which I did on my own. It reminded me how much I love this day's cycling.

You doing it Bold? [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]? [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION]? [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]? [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION]? Or anyone?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now quite tempted by this. A promotional email about the £10 worth of energy stuff if you enrol by Sunday just came through, and it had a video of last years event, which I did on my own. It reminded me how much I love this day's cycling.

You doing it Bold? [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]? [MENTION=11738]Spreadbetting Seagull[/MENTION]? [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]? [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION]? Or anyone?

This has me over a barrel.

I really want to do another 'club' ride - esp your (or a variation of) 60 mile route.
Saturday's off are hard to come by - which is why we're missing the last home game of the season :angry:
But this event is the epitome of [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION]'s 'why pay to ride on roads'.
I must have ridden 90% of the course, this month, alone.

Such a dilemma, I was pleased [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] didn't invite me in the first place. :lolol:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I had a dream...

Why are we not taking cycling infra-structure this seriously? Check out the bike snake in Copenhagen

http://architizer.com/projects/cykelslangenthe-bicycle-snake/

That is pretty cool. Looks expensive for a short stretch but they do say it is used by 12,500 cyclists a day....yes, over TWELVE THOUSAND!

I have to admit though that Southampton are being quite proactive about cycling at the moment (the bits that aren't covered by the New Forest NPA, of course!). They are putting cycle paths along the most dodgy 5 or 6 miles of my commute, including widening and resurfacing of all existing cycle paths.

At the moment the paths are pretty atrocious but I applaud their ambition.

There is a very funny public letter from the New Forest NPA refusing permission to resurface the Lyndhurst to Ashurst path as they didn't want to "spoil the character of the forest" by using asphalt! The reply is also public and points out the the responsibility for roads was passed to the Highways Agency over 40 years ago so it wasn't really any of their business!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This has me over a barrel.

I really want to do another 'club' ride - esp your (or a variation of) 60 mile route.
Saturday's off are hard to come by - which is why we're missing the last home game of the season :angry:
But this event is the epitome of [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION]'s 'why pay to ride on roads'.
I must have ridden 90% of the course, this month, alone.

Such a dilemma, I was pleased [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] didn't invite me in the first place. :lolol:

Firstly, a) I knew you'd see the post anyway, b) those were the ones I did it with last time, and c) you took my Coombs time on Strava and I'm not talking to you no more...:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here