Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
8km left. They're descending, motorbikes getting in the way...They're finding it impossible to race.

And now...uphill!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bloody Hell. Bertie is looking ominously good. Froome within 20 seconds at the end though.

Now the finishing hoardings have all collapsed - could be interesting when the peleton arrives!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Big climb to finish stage 3 of Tour of Andalucia just starting. Froome needs to try to get 8 seconds on Contador. What will Sky try?

Anyone else watching?

I could only see the last 10 mins package, which was a complete waste of time as all I saw was Froome chasing Bert and no one else in sight.
I really wanted to watch Oman's Green Mountain stage but there's no live coverage so I sadly followed the live Twitter feed instead - I'm still reeling from the shock now, especially having heard some of the ascent times :( Arredondo didn't really have a chance against those performances.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
8km left. They're descending, motorbikes getting in the way...They're finding it impossible to race.

And now...uphill!
Watching it now, that was a crappy descent.
Even the climb started on a tight s-bend, nasty stuff.

It pains me to say it, but it's good to see Bert riding consistently.
Nothing screamed 'foul' louder than AC stop/start riding up mountains.

Oh and those new Dogmas look wafer thin.
I can't believe they don't snap.
I guess they're not designed for my physique.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I liked that stage. Not hard to see why Froome had so many crashes last year. I know he takes a bit of stick for stem-gazing, but stone me, its kinda basic to look where you're going ain't it?

Had to go to Folkestone today. Interesting checking out some of the features I see when out riding. Felt a bit proud when eventually went under the bridge I ride over. Its smegging miles away.

Not looking good for me to put any miles into the pot this weekend. Cock.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Stage 5 of The Tour of Oman has officially been cancelled today due to heat.
"With tyres and brakes not working properly due to the heat we was left with no choice" :eek:

Wonder if I can get my Arredondo money back :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought Carlton Kirby was going to have a heart attack as Bert crossed the line. Great racing there today mind!

Take time to look at the full results and take note of 9th on the stage and 8th on GC :wink: I keep saying it, but one of these days he's going to nail a mountain breakaway stage in the TdF or Vuelta good and proper! - and his odds will be well worth having too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Looking at the profile for tomorrow it seems highly unlikely that Bert can do anything, but if anyone is likely to try something out of nothing then I'll give him that at least.

Grega Bole at 20/1 looks to be rather good e/w value for the stage.

pcol

Nov 1, 2010
After the game I stayed at my parents. Took the opportunity to have a spin without having to get out of London first. Was great being in the countryide after only 10 minutes, the London bit is such a drag. Was pretty windy in places, also Sussex is a bit hillier than my usual Essex haunt! All good fun.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After the game I stayed at my parents. Took the opportunity to have a spin without having to get out of London first. Was great being in the countryide after only 10 minutes, the London bit is such a drag. Was pretty windy in places, also Sussex is a bit hillier than my usual Essex haunt! All good fun.
Ah, not that you knew what you had unleashed, the perfect opportunity to champion my house as the perfect place for a cyclist to live.

2 roads and 1 minute south of Stat Towers is the coastal route (a haven for geeks recently).
Pan flat for 30 miles each way.
3 roads and 10 minutes north is Arundel the gateway to the South Downs, The Weald, North Downs and lumpy Hampshire.
You can undulate all day or zig-zag across the steepest climbs.

Just about perfect.

Anyone want to take me on :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ah, not that you knew what you had unleashed, the perfect opportunity to champion my house as the perfect place for a cyclist to live.

2 roads and 1 minute south of Stat Towers is the coastal route (a haven for geeks recently).
Pan flat for 30 miles each way.
3 roads and 10 minutes north is Arundel the gateway to the South Downs, The Weald, North Downs and lumpy Hampshire.
You can undulate all day or zig-zag across the steepest climbs.

Just about perfect.

Anyone want to take me on :lol:

A quarter of a mile from my house and you are on the cliffs by Ovingdean Beach - turn right and it's flatlands from there all the way to Portsmouth - 50 miles or so.

Turn left and it's hilly cliffs leading to Exceat and Beachy Head.

Head inland up the Falmer Road, past the Amex, through Stanmer Park to Ditchling Beacon and beyond. Gateway to the Downs, East Sussex and the steep sharp hills of Kent.

I win, I believe.

:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A quarter of a mile from my house and you are on the cliffs by Ovingdean Beach - turn right and it's flatlands from there all the way to Portsmouth - 50 miles or so.

Turn left and it's hilly cliffs leading to Exceat and Beachy Head.

Head inland up the Falmer Road, past the Amex, through Stanmer Park to Ditchling Beacon and beyond. Gateway to the Downs, East Sussex and the steep sharp hills of Kent.

I win, I believe.

:)
Granted I could do with a 'monument' climb nearby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here