Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Er, I'm slightly confused on that front. I ordered a large then on the phone he convinced me to change to x large but then I decided I'd rather have large. I'm hoping they'll let me change back :-o

Undecided right up to the point of ordering - I like that! Given you've got little to compare it with, and you are in-between sizes, I think you'd probably be happy with either given you won't know what the other was like.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Undecided right up to the point of ordering - I like that! Given you've got little to compare it with, and you are in-between sizes, I think you'd probably be happy with either given you won't know what the other was like.

I didn't know I was ordering, I literally did order by accident! I was trying to find out how the cycle to work would work and it said "thank you for ordering"!

What a dumbo!

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I didn't know I was ordering, I literally did order by accident! I was trying to find out how the cycle to work would work and it said "thank you for ordering"!

What a dumbo!

Did you accidentally hand over your credit card information? One thing I do know is that Planet X pass on the 10% admin fee for the C2W scheme on to the customer.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
White? Looks great, but a pain to keep clean!

Yes, white. It's still new enough for me to clean religiously after every ride. Did you go for the Ultegra 6800 group set?

Here's a pic of mine if you missed it first time round!
2yve8e2a.jpg

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Yes, white. It's still new enough for me to clean religiously after every ride. Did you go for the Ultegra 6800 group set?

Here's a pic of mine if you missed it first time round!
2yve8e2a.jpg

Very nice! I got it with the 6700 groupset so probably a little older. It had a generic Shimano chainset which I've replaced with a 6700 as well. I need to get a new saddle - couldn't get on with the one that it came with (same as yours by the looks of it) and have an old Carrera on it at the moment. No idea what to go for though...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Did you accidentally hand over your credit card information? One thing I do know is that Planet X pass on the 10% admin fee for the C2W scheme on to the customer.

No, I did cycle to work and it just said thank you for ordering. They've just confirmed that I've got a Large Blue on order.
CBPXSLPRIVLDY_P2.jpg

Can't believe it for £800!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What a dumbo!
I believe the Albion jersey venture might be back on.

It would seem I have found the ideal person to underwrite the project. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, I did cycle to work and it just said thank you for ordering. They've just confirmed that I've got a Large Blue on order.
CBPXSLPRIVLDY_P2.jpg

Can't believe it for £800!
Sorry [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION], I was so keen to take the pi$$ I forgot geek law 101.

Congratulations on the bike it looks great, when do you get it?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sorry [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION], I was so keen to take the pi$$ I forgot geek law 101.

Congratulations on the bike it looks great, when do you get it?
You might need to explain that one!

My company's changing its accountants this week, so will have to wait till next week till they pay Planet X, so not for a couple of weeks. Then no doubt winter will set in!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You might need to explain that one!

My company's changing its accountants this week, so will have to wait till next week till they pay Planet X, so not for a couple of weeks. Then no doubt winter will set in!
My first point should have been congratulating you on your new bike.

Then take the pi$$ about you not even knowing you'd bought it.
Seeing that as an ideal opportunity to make you buy other stuff without realising it.

Sorry for getting those the wrong way round.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My first point should have been congratulating you on your new bike.

Then take the pi$$ about you not even knowing you'd bought it.
Seeing that as an ideal opportunity to make you buy other stuff without realising it.

Sorry for getting those the wrong way round.
Great idea, I'll accidentally order a whole range of Albion Arrows merchandise.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Got a couple of questions please. I've almost convinced myself (well, my wife) to get one of the Planet X Exocet 2 time trial frames I posted about earlier. I'll be building up a TT bike using parts from my current backup bike. It has an 8 speed Shimano groupset so I'll need to get some bar end shifters - presumably these will need to be 8 speed as well as 9 or 10 speed won't index properly? Looks like you can still get older Ultegra 8 speed shifters so that is an option.

The other thing I could do is get a new rear derailleur (105 seems very cheap) either 10 or 11 speed and then matching shifters. I'll obviously need a new cassette as well - will a 10 or 11 speed cassette fit on my current 8 speed hub or will I need a new hub as well (which will obviously complicate things)? Given the outlay on the frame, I need to be careful how much else I have to spend!

Thanks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION], result or what eh! And you got the right size. If you wanna make your first wedding anniversary, you'll have to get out of the habit of accidentally buying carbon bikes on line.

:p

Anyway, how cool is this:

[tweet]512222093208207360[/tweet]

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Got a couple of questions please. I've almost convinced myself (well, my wife) to get one of the Planet X Exocet 2 time trial frames I posted about earlier. I'll be building up a TT bike using parts from my current backup bike. It has an 8 speed Shimano groupset so I'll need to get some bar end shifters - presumably these will need to be 8 speed as well as 9 or 10 speed won't index properly? Looks like you can still get older Ultegra 8 speed shifters so that is an option.

The other thing I could do is get a new rear derailleur (105 seems very cheap) either 10 or 11 speed and then matching shifters. I'll obviously need a new cassette as well - will a 10 or 11 speed cassette fit on my current 8 speed hub or will I need a new hub as well (which will obviously complicate things)? Given the outlay on the frame, I need to be careful how much else I have to spend!

Thanks
I imagine you can still find some 8 speed bar ends which will be the cheapest option.
10 or 11 won't fit on 8th so you would need to get shifters, rear mech, cassette etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here