Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I see 10 turned it on today. Shame I can't check it out properly.

Cheers [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]. Under 6 months to go.

Sorry Moto, I'm still not quite getting to grips with Strava, several years down the line. It got a bit facebooky for me, and NSC is really the only social media I do. So for a long time now I've set all my rides as private to stop random requests to follow and kudos from people who I have no idea who they are. I'd quite happily share my rides with the small group of people I know from on here and those I ride with, but don't know how unfortunately.

Anyway, to sum up today for you. We were over your way again for a bit. Started out lovely but then pissed down for about 25 miles. Fortunately the heaviest rain was over the lumpiest part of the route (up Chuck Hatch Road again today) so we were able to keep relatively warm, despite being soaked to the skin. We've done about 9 century + rides since October I think, and every single one has been either freezing cold, wet or both! :(
Still beats riding in hot weather though :thumbsup:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Sorry Moto, I'm still not quite getting to grips with Strava, several years down the line. It got a bit facebooky for me, and NSC is really the only social media I do. So for a long time now I've set all my rides as private to stop random requests to follow and kudos from people who I have no idea who they are. I'd quite happily share my rides with the small group of people I know from on here and those I ride with, but don't know how unfortunately.

Anyway, to sum up today for you. We were over your way again for a bit. Started out lovely but then pissed down for about 25 miles. Fortunately the heaviest rain was over the lumpiest part of the route (up Chuck Hatch Road again today) so we were able to keep relatively warm, despite being soaked to the skin. We've done about 9 century + rides since October I think, and every single one has been either freezing cold, wet or both! :(
Still beats riding in hot weather though :thumbsup:

No. It does not.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Oh yes it does!

See, you don't get even get panto season in hot weather either...boo hiss for the heat.

:lolol:

Through this shitty winter I have been out so rarely that I have almost forgotten what my bike looks like. I have been 'cycling' at the gym...

I seem to have replaced Rule 5 with a 10 degree rule. If it drops below that, I ain't going out!

Roll on summer and 30 degrees plus.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
:lolol:

Through this shitty winter I have been out so rarely that I have almost forgotten what my bike looks like. I have been 'cycling' at the gym...

I seem to have replaced Rule 5 with a 10 degree rule. If it drops below that, I ain't going out!

Roll on summer and 30 degrees plus.

This particular ride from the other week wouldn't have been for you then? :lol:

20180317_123104-1.jpg

In fairness, I have a similar rule... If it's over 20 degrees then I'll probably not bother.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No such thing as bad weather...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I’m solar powered, so don’t get going till the summer. :cool:

I'm the complete opposite. The heat saps what little energy I have left and gets me uncomfortable and irritable. The hotter it gets, the more I slow down until eventually grinding to a halt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You’ve got to admit it’s be a shitty winter. I’ve got to be 300 miles down from last year, and looking on Strava, most riders are now using Zwift.

It really hasn't though, it's just been winter.
Even the snow was short and sweet, thinking about it's probably been a better winter than usual because there hasn't been a constant 20mph wind.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You’ve got to admit it’s be a shitty winter. I’ve got to be 300 miles down from last year, and looking on Strava, most riders are now using Zwift.

In all honesty, if it hasn't been freezing cold, it's been wet this Winter, and quite often both at the same time!

It has been a little bit shite really, and dragged on. I've endured some pretty horrendous rides the Winter, but at the end of them I've felt all the better for getting out.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Even the snow was short and sweet, thinking about it's probably been a better winter than usual because there hasn't been a constant 20mph wind.

Stat, I know you’re only a stones throw along the coast, but haven’t you had the constant rain. The wind, yeah I know can be annoying, but the bloody rain can do one.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Can't agree with you there stat. As someone who also works outside all year, I'm surprised to hear you say that. Yes, the winds have been less than recent years, but it really has been either wet or freezing cold, or both together, and nothing in between.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
In all honesty, if it hasn't been freezing cold, it's been wet this Winter, and quite often both at the same time!

It has been a little bit shite really, and dragged on. I've endured some pretty horrendous rides the Winter, but at the end of them I've felt all the better for getting out.

Happy to get out and get wet, but not to start a ride when it’s raining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here