Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie anyone

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
Currie has vision, skill and tricks, all he needs is games to get fit, he looked alot better today. Who was the last Albion player who switched the play whenever he could and sprayed passes across the park like Currie did today (Aspinall?)

Quality signings this year:
Molango - dangerous, runs all day, desire, tricky (a bit like zamora)
AJ - fast, tricky, good cross
Currie, vision (40 yard passes), skills, crossing
Nicolas - jury out still.

We are doing fine just now, the team is getting better and the players are now playing some of the best football we've seen in ages.

So will all the Currie doubters from last week now shut up please.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
still not sure bout midfield think we need to bring in somebody like andy roberts to hold it together defensivly and allow chippy to get forward a bit more like he did when jr lewis was here

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
yes, the inclusion of chippy and roger would be ideal. backed up by one of these arsenal youth players we've heard about.

Kev the Ape

darren currie is becoming a good player

when i saw him at reading he needed to be abit match fit but since reading he looked ok u got to give him the ball to his feet and then he will search for a cross or a square ball to other side of the pitch to jarrett we saw this today against coventry city so it looks like he match fit and he nearly scored so he will be a great player for us this season

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i think chippy is at his best when he's got a playmaker alongside him and never think he's as good when he's alongside charlie.

why is the jury still out on nicolas? he was my mom on tuesday and thought he had a decent game 2day.he was all over the place 2day and i quite looking 4ward 2 seeing him play alongside chippy.

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
nicolas did ok, but i thought his positional play was poor whilst defending a couple of times and lost the ball as well.
he's in a new team and still settling in, got a feeling he'll get better hence the jurys out rather than slate him. I suppose he's not done particularly badly it's just that the others IMO have impressed more.
He could be the man that fills the hole in the midfield, we'll see.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
hes looked the best i've seen him play today

hes more like the player i was told he was

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
3 changes to todays team when all fit will see us survive.

Roberts for Kuipers
Carpenter for Hinshlewood
Knight for Robinson

with those 3 left out put on the bench alongside Hart or Jones plus either another defender probably El Abd or Oatway.

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
i thought the big dutchman made a couple of good saves today.
the man is a legend.

roberts is a great keeper though. when did we last have 2 good keepers? certainly not in the walton/ormerod years!

Kev the Ape

i think the defence works better under ben roberts because ben roberts can keep clean sheets!! since mcghee been here kuipers aint kept a clean sheet he let in a goal every game under mcghee!!:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here