Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currently NO TRAINS for the Colchester or Forest games

jimnastics

Aug 3, 2016
I'm planning to head over from Worthing for the game next Friday, but won't be going anywhere near the trains strike or no strike. Has anyone had experience trying to get to games using other means from Worthing? Are the park and rides any good or likely to be chaos with more people using them? Seagulls Travel coaches looks good, but again I imagine they could be busy, and could be hard work for the coaches trying to leave the ground at the end. Only other thing I can think of is taking the afternoon off work and going over to Brighton, park at Churchill Square and get a bus to the ground (and back again).

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
The 1901 Club are sorted!

Hand_car.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Carnage.

Hard to see more than 10,000 for the Forest game. No one I know that goes can make it if this strike goes ahead.

Could even be back to withdean crowds. Be embarrassing on the TV

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Carnage.

Hard to see more than 10,000 for the Forest game. No one I know that goes can make it if this strike goes ahead.

Could even be back to withdean crowds. Be embarrassing on the TV
No-one? Not a single person?

Not sure embarrassing is the right thing either - clearly not the club's fault and hardly a secret that the Southern franchise is FUBAR.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Booked Seagulls Travel for Colchester, now need to work out a Forest plan but I'm not missing it.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This thread is highly misleading. Of course there will always be trains. They will just be sitting in a depot rather than moving around on tracks with people in them.

Glad we managed to clear that up.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A nice stroll there and back along the Lewes Road for me.

At a time when the economy is hitting the skids this disastrous rail service is the last thing the south east needs, the Government's lack of action is farcical.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Time for the club to stand up and show Southern that they do NOT have Albion by the balls when it comes to home games, as the Union obviously reckon they do.

Hire up every available coach, local bus, mini bus, etc in the area.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Will get the bus for the colchester game and maybe walk back. Can't make the Forest game but it will be a nightmare I'm sure.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
The club getting extra car parks, extra buses etc is absolutely fantastic; but who is footing the bill? Really it should be Southern, but we all know that that's just not going to happen. It would be a shame when we're already making a loss, that the club has to make a greater loss, through no fault of their own in this case.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club getting extra car parks, extra buses etc is absolutely fantastic; but who is footing the bill? Really it should be Southern, but we all know that that's just not going to happen. It would be a shame when we're already making a loss, that the club has to make a greater loss, through no fault of their own in this case.
The club will get delay-repay on 1/23 rd of the fee they pay SASTA.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014

The club should pay in the first instance, then invoice the Union for the costs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here