Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Current World XI Draft

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=30sy7

Edit: How do I get the image up? I used lineup builder.

It's difficult to describe the fluidity and movement of this team by using a simple formation sheet. However this is roughly what it will look like.

The full backs are going to be very mobile, when we have the ball they are going to be offering width and getting up the pitch to join the attack. In midfield, when we have possession, Mascherano will sit in front of the two centre halves as a protective screen. Kagawa, as the teams main play maker, will have an essentially free role to find the pockets of space and exploit them. Moutinho will be the man that knits it all together, his tireless energy nd metronomic passing ensuring that wherever the play is on the pitch he's there to keep the ball and possession ticking over. Up front nominally Van Persie will start on the left, Rooney in the centre and Hulk on the right. But all three will be constantly moving, roaming, interchanging, dropping deep, stretching and pulling apart the opposition defense, creating space and opportunities for each other and Kagawa to capitalise on.

Out of Possession the front three will work as a pressing unit to win the ball back instantly. Behind them Moutinho will drop back and play alongside Mascherano, while the full backs will drop in alongside the centre halves. As one of the top keepers on the planet Handanovic's job-which he will very ably do-is to save the few pot shots that the opposition strike force will be lucky to fashion.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A mixture of youth and experience, a team designed to outscore any opposition, managed by the master tactician himself

Gazwags-Gloryboys-formation-tactics.png

MANAGER: José MOURINHO

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
[MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]

Submit you team, copy and paste the code in the "post on discussion forum box" and take out the url bits to leave the link with [ img] and [ img ] each side (without the gaps).

Edit: ignore, I am using share my team not your one

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
4 picks left (excluding [MENTION=25389]Jay Cartwright[/MENTION])....could we get this finished tonight?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I am watching eagerly for my pick...

Just needs [MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] to make his choice, then you're up.

I'm eagerly awaiting my final pick as well...I've got one name in mind to complete my team, so if either of you pick him, there is going to be SERIOUS trouble. :angry:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As requested earlier;

Sporting Gullflyinghigh

200514191703.png

Managed by; Marcelo Bielsa

With an average age of 27, Sporting Gullfllyinghigh is a team firmly in its prime.

Built around the spine of Victor Valdes, Giorgio Chiellini, Yaya Toure and Mario Mandzukic this is a team lacking any obvious weak link.

With one of the most decorated goalkeepers of the modern game standing behind a back four featuring a perfect blend of experience and youth it'll take something special to get anything into the ol' onion bag.

In midfield, 'future England captain' Jack Wilshere will be playing the role of tough-tackling playmaker alongside, arguably, the best box-to-box midfielder in the world, Yaya Toure. With both players able to both break down and create attacking moves at will, dynamism is the name of the game.

As we all know, dynamism in the middle of the park on it's own isn't likely to be enough to win matches, which is where the attack comes in. On the wings (though with licence to do as they please) the canny Ricardo Quaresma and young tyro Koke will be providing the killer balls for the ludicrously effective Mario Mandzukic to finish. Add to this the technique and flair that Andre Schurrle will be bringing from the false No.9 position and it's hard to see any defence that can stand against them.

Of course, none of this matters if the man in charge isn't able to make the most of the talent available to him...happily, standing on the touchline for Sporting is a manager recognised by Pep Guardiola as the 'best in the world'. Famed for forming teams based around the principle of high-pressure play combined with fluid attacking, with a well-earnt reputation for being one of the greatest living scholars of the game, Marcelo 'Loco' Bielsa isn't just the correct choice to bring the best out of the team, he's the only choice.

[MENTION=13200]bhafc22[/MENTION] - solid enough for you? ???

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Didn't realise how attacking some of these teams are in this tournament!

Where's the defenders?!

Maybe that's just the Palace fan coming out in me. Keep it solid and score!

Must admit, that had crossed my mind as well. I have to say I'm fairly pleased/smug about how balanced my team is, to be honest.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Hope this works this time...

FC GNLF

Manager: Jurgen Klopp
FC-GNLF-formation-tactics.png

It's difficult to describe the fluidity and movement of this team by using a simple formation sheet. However this is roughly what it will look like. It is, I believe a well balanced but highly attacking yet defensively solid team.

The full backs are going to be very mobile, when we have the ball they are going to be offering width and getting up the pitch to join the attack. In midfield, when we have possession, Mascherano will sit in front of the two centre halves as a protective screen. Kagawa, as the teams main play maker, will have an essentially free role to find the pockets of space and exploit them. Moutinho will be the man that knits it all together, his tireless energy nd metronomic passing ensuring that wherever the play is on the pitch he's there to keep the ball and possession ticking over. Up front nominally Van Persie will start on the left, Rooney in the centre and Hulk on the right. But all three will be constantly moving, roaming, interchanging, dropping deep, stretching and pulling apart the opposition defense, creating space and opportunities for each other and Kagawa to capitalise on.

Out of Possession the front three will work as a pressing unit to win the ball back instantly. Behind them Moutinho will drop back and play alongside Mascherano, while the full backs will drop in alongside the centre halves. As one of the top keepers on the planet Handanovic's job-which he will very ably do-is to save the few pot shots that the opposition strike force will be lucky to fashion.

Edit: Bollocks, I've spelt my right backs name wrong on the tactic sheet! Sorry Señor Carvajal.

Last edited:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Don't ask why I am posting now, but can't see that Diego Simeone is anyone's manager, and as the hot property in management at the moment, will happily have him in charge of the mighty Lovegrovers. Will post the whole team info later!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[MENTION=29496]ChicagoGull[/MENTION] is now free to post.

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
Coming in at my final pick, this is a man I have been tempted to pick since round 6 and have held off every single time due to thinking I may be the only genius to have realised this man is still playing and just how WELL he is playing. The man has a vast array of titles, from an invincible tag with Arsenal to a world cup medal, to a Copa Libertadores won at THIRTY SIX years old, the guy is an absolute rock.

GILBERTO SILVA

info_1389657053.jpg

Category 1 - Has played at least 200 times for one club - Esteban Cambiasso
Category 2 – Has made over 70 International appearances - Gilberto Silva
Category 3 - Has never played at a World Cup - Jordi Alba
Category 4 - Plays/Manages outside the “top 5” leagues - Ezequiel Garay
Category 5 – Has been the top goal scorer in a top-flight season - Edin Dzeko
Category 6 – Played football in at least 4 different countries - Philippe Coutihno
Category 7 – Has been relegated during his career - Isco
Category 8 – Has played in a Champions League Semi-Final/Final. - Manuel Neuer
Category 9 – Is under 24 years of age - Raheem Sterling
Category 10 - Has won a league title with 2 different clubs - Ottmar Hitzfeld
Category 11 – Is over 30 years old - Andrea Barzagli
Category 12 - Has faced Brighton at some point in his career - Pablo Zabaleta
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION]

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
210514105705.png

Manager - Ottmar Hitzfeld

I am delighted by this side.

The best goalkeeper in the world today stands between the sticks, 350 total apps and numerous titles, champions league winner and man of the match in the final. The guy is a big time pressure king and will have a lot of confidence in his central two in front of him. One is a mainstay with Juventus, has won both a Bundesliga and cruised to several Serie A titles since Juventus have got him and kept him, Barzagli will thrive in his strong methodical role next to a young powerful and much admired Garay, who will probably be earning himself a majorly expensive move to the big time this summer. On the flanks we have two full backs who are very well versed in the art of knowing when is the time to attack and defend, and with them working with such exciting pace and technical ability in front of them, both will have to utilise that knowledge!

Two unbelievably solid lynchpins in the holding midfield roles. I honestly wouldn't fancy any midfield duo to out muscle and out play these two, Cambiasso and Gilberto, both old heads with an eye for a pass and a bigger one for a tackle.

The front 4 has to be seen as one of the most exciting, technical and powerful front 4s in the draft. The fox in the box himself, all 6 foot 4 inches of the man is there to put the ball into, and on his flanks Coutihno and Sterling are no strangers in what it is to play together, and to cut inside/go wide. They can do both and do both to devastating effect. Either one of those two having a bad day? Don't worry lads, we have the most exciting prospect in world football sitting in the middle of you all to pull the strings. Isco was my finest signing I believe, in the round he was picked and the role he will play.

All of this managed by a man who has seen and done it all on each and every stage of world football. With over one THOUSAND games under his belt, he has watched football evolve over thirty years and is still winning for fun. A man who with so many games under his belt to have a 54% win rate is absurd, and the man is easily one of the top 3 current managers in the world with his trophy list and his reputation. Retiring after the world cup, just how far will this experienced old head take a young exciting Swiss side he has brought into the FIFA World Rankings top EIGHT?

Better yet, what could he do with this side in front of him?

NSC draft teams, prepare yourselves, for world domination. :clap2:

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Voting is going to be nearly impossible.

I'd be happy to make it out of the group stages of the world cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here