Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Current World XI Draft

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think if we do another draft after this one (which we could quite easily as I have a fair few ideas left) id go back to leaving managers out. Few people thought they'd be a good idea and whilst they've added an extra element of skill in to the game, they've caused a lot of confusion too.

If people are still keen for a 3rd draft one after this then as I said there's a few drafts that we could do:

All time England
1994-2014 Premier League
World draft 1960-2010
World Cups
Championship

I've also been thinking of a way to replace categories too, if people are still enjoying this by the end then we'll look in to a few ideas and see what others are thinking.

The fact that the people from the first draft has grasped the rules and have helped new players has meant it's been less of a strain on me so I'd welcome another after this... Not this will be finished anytime soon.

I'd be more than up for another one (after this), I especially like the idea of the '94-'14 PL one...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Right then. I was going to wait until the later rounds for a manager but I just can't risk missing out on one of, if not the best manager around. He's a two time Bundesliga winning manager, twice the manager of the year in Germany and second in the 2013 FIFA world coach of the year. More importantly he has managed a team(actually two teams) for over 200 games, he has reached a champions league final and whilst at Mainz has been relegated. He has compared his managerial style to heavy metal music, he is the coolest coach on the planet and there is no one better to be captain aboard the good ship GNLF. Gentlemen, I give you:

Jurgen Klopp

Jurgen-Klopp-011.jpg

[MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION] , over to you.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think if we do another draft after this one (which we could quite easily as I have a fair few ideas left) id go back to leaving managers out. Few people thought they'd be a good idea and whilst they've added an extra element of skill in to the game, they've caused a lot of confusion too.

If people are still keen for a 3rd draft one after this then as I said there's a few drafts that we could do:

All time England
1994-2014 Premier League
World draft 1960-2010
World Cups
Championship

I've also been thinking of a way to replace categories too, if people are still enjoying this by the end then we'll look in to a few ideas and see what others are thinking.

The fact that the people from the first draft has grasped the rules and have helped new players has meant it's been less of a strain on me so I'd welcome another after this... Not this will be finished anytime soon.

I'd be up for another one (maybe even running at the same time as this)

I had thought about having one for this seasons championship players and trying to come up with some categories (under 24, over 30, relegated to championship level or lower, relegated from top flight, promoted to championship level or lower, promoted to top flight, under 21 international level or younger, full interenational, Played against Brighton on 3 or more ocasions, and 2 more categories)

I'd be happy to do whatever one you put forward if you go ahead with any of them

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Joining my team as my 5th pick, is an experienced centre back and defensive midfielder with a tremendous career. Playing most famously for Porto and Real Madrid, he has won: Two Spanish League titles, Two Portuguese League Titles and many, many domestic cups. He is the rock in one of the best teams this world has ever seen. His name is:
PEPE.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
At the game so will announce my pick afterwards. Just felt the need to send a quick curse to [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION] for picking Klopp and Pepe.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Well, my next pick will captain my team. And he'll do it bravely, with passion, Along with Busquets he'll make my team the neutrals' favourite. He's won 3 Premier League titles, 5 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, a Champions League and a UEFA Cup. He's won 78 caps for his country, and won them bravely. He will go the extra mile to get his hands on a trophy. It's captain, leader, legend...it's John Terry!
neil22-001.jpg

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Well, my next pick will captain my team. And he'll do it bravely, with passion, Along with Busquets he'll make my team the neutrals' favourite. He's won 3 Premier League titles, 5 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, a Champions League and a UEFA Cup. He's won 78 caps for his country, and won them bravely. He will go the extra mile to get his hands on a trophy. It's captain, leader, legend...it's John Terry!
View attachment 53128

Ok you realise no one is going to vote for you?

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
That may be so, but my skipper will be picking up the World Cup in Brazil, no matter who wins it!

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Ok you realise no one is going to vote for you?

That may be so, but my skipper will be picking up the World Cup in Brazil, no matter who wins it!

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

Anyway, IMO easily one of the 50 best players on the planet right now, the person I've watched slip under the radar since my second pick. A central midfielder who is one of the most creative forces in La Liga, racking up FIFTEEN goals so far this season. He's not at a big club yet, but it looks like Man.U, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus, Arsenal and Spurs are set to BATTLE for his signature in the summer.

My player to have never graced the world cup stage; The best player you've never heard of - Ivan Rakitic.

146337483-451693.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Rakitić

[MENTION=26348]tomfitz12[/MENTION] is up.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
AlbionAlex - Cristiano Ronaldo, Branislav Ivanovic, Thibaut Courtois, Luca Modric, Jackson Martinez
Frutos - Lionel Messi, Pep Guardiola, Mario Gomez, Mata, Alan Dzagoev
The_Viper - Manuel Neuer, Jordi Alba, Isco, Zabaleta, Edin Dzeko
JOLovegrove - Bale, Diego Costa, Gerard Pique, Cesc Fabregas, David Alaba
Gazwag - Ibrahimovic, David Silva, Daniel Sturridge, Petr Cech, Dani Alves
Jay_Cartwright - Neymar, Mats Hummels, Francesco Totti, Daniele De Rossi, Marcelo
MattBackHome - Andrea Pirlo, Edison Cavani, Thomas Muller, Angel Di Maria, Gonzalo Higuain
Guy Fawkes - Iker Casillas, Falcao, Mehdi Benatia, Theo Walcott, Kaka
ShaolinPunk - Suarez, Diego Lopez, Dante, Xabi Alonso, Nuri Sahin
Reinelt12 - Arjen Robben, Karim Benzema, Adam Lallana, Neven Subotic, Mario Balotelli
PauldCPFC - Phillip Lahm, Vincent Kompany, Carlos Tevez, Arturo Vidal, Lavezzi
GullFlyingHigh - Yaya Toure, Mario Mandzukic, Giorgio Chiellini, Victor Valdes, Koke
Moggy - Bastian Schweinsteiger, Buffon, Thierry Henry, Arsene Wenger, Huntelaar
Turienzo's Lovechild - Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Yohan Cabaye, Marco Reus, Vidic
Hamilton - Giggs, Gerrard, Mario Gotze, Sergio Aguero, Tim Howard
GNLF - Van Persie, Javier Mascherano, Wayne Rooney, Hulk, Jurgen Klopp
STRIPEYSHARK - Wesley Sneijder, Joe Hart, Antonio Di Natale, James Rodriguez, Pepe
Shatner's Bassoon - Lewandowski, Sergio Busquets, Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba, John Terry
Rohana - Eden Hazard, Thiago Silva, Łukasz Piszczek, Drogba, Ivan Rakitic
TomFitz12 - Ronaldihno, Franck Ribery, Dida, Frank Lampard

THERE. I expect many thumbs up for that :wink:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
:laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

Anyway, IMO easily one of the 50 best players on the planet right now, the person I've watched slip under the radar since my second pick. A central midfielder who is one of the most creative forces in La Liga, racking up FIFTEEN goals so far this season. He's not at a big club yet, but it looks like Man.U, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Juventus, Arsenal and Spurs are set to BATTLE for his signature in the summer.

My player to have never graced the world cup stage; The best player you've never heard of - Ivan Rakitic.

146337483-451693.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Rakitić

[MENTION=26348]tomfitz12[/MENTION] is up.

Nuts. I was envisioning a Koke and Rakitic partnership in my team, the goals would flow like fine wine (or beverage of your choosing).

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
AlbionAlex - Cristiano Ronaldo, Branislav Ivanovic, Thibaut Courtois, Luca Modric, Jackson Martinez
Jay_Cartwright - Neymar, Mats Hummels, Francesco Totti, Daniele De Rossi, Marcelo
MattBackHome - Andrea Pirlo, Edison Cavani, Thomas Muller, Angel Di Maria, Gonzalo Higuain
Reinelt12 - Arjen Robben, Karim Benzema, Adam Lallana, Neven Subotic, Mario Balotelli
GullFlyingHigh - Yaya Toure, Mario Mandzukic, Giorgio Chiellini, Victor Valdes, Koke
Moggy - Bastian Schweinsteiger, Buffon, Thierry Henry, Arsene Wenger, Huntelaar
Turienzo's Lovechild - Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Yohan Cabaye, Marco Reus, Vidic
STRIPEYSHARK - Wesley Sneijder, Joe Hart, Antonio Di Natale, James Rodriguez, Pepe
Shatner's Bassoon - Lewandowski, Sergio Busquets, Alexis Sanchez, Paul Pogba, John Terry

THERE. I expect many thumbs up for that :wink:

I've never picked huntelaar, I chose vidic.
Who now appears as turienzos lovechild pick ???

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Moggy - Bastian Schweinsteiger, Buffon, Thierry Henry, Arsene Wenger, Vidic
Turienzo's Lovechild - Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Yohan Cabaye, Marco Reus, Huntelaar

The Correct list. :wink:

Will do my pick now and update it. :thumbsup:

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Moggy - Bastian Schweinsteiger, Buffon, Thierry Henry, Arsene Wenger, Vidic
Turienzo's Lovechild - Andres Iniesta, Xavi, Yohan Cabaye, Marco Reus, Huntelaar

The Correct list. :wink:

Will do my pick now and update it. :thumbsup:

apologies was out all day without internet access... so will do my pick now.

my first pick and filling category 3 is englands own, Leighton Baines

Category 1 - Has played at least 200 times for one club- Dida
Category 2 – Has made over 70 International appearances- Ronaldinho
Category 3 - Has never played at a World Cup- Leighton baines
Category 4 - Plays/Manages outside the “top 5” leagues
Category 5 – Has been the top goal scorer in a top-flight season
Category 6 – Played football in at least 4 different countries
Category 7 – Has been relegated during his career
Category 8 – Has played in a Champions League Semi-Final/Final.- Frank Lampard
Category 9 – Is under 24 years of age
Category 10 - Has won a league title with 2 different clubs
Category 11 – Is over 30 years old- Franck Ribery
Category 12 - Has faced Brighton at some point in his career-

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
my second pick and filling category 9- is the very promising

Ikay Gundogan!!!!

Category 1 - Has played at least 200 times for one club- Dida
Category 2 – Has made over 70 International appearances- Ronaldinho
Category 3 - Has never played at a World Cup- leighton baines
Category 4 - Plays/Manages outside the “top 5” leagues
Category 5 – Has been the top goal scorer in a top-flight season
Category 6 – Played football in at least 4 different countries
Category 7 – Has been relegated during his career
Category 8 – Has played in a Champions League Semi-Final/Final.- Frank Lampard
Category 9 – Is under 24 years of age - Ikay Gundogan
Category 10 - Has won a league title with 2 different clubs
Category 11 – Is over 30 years old- Franck Ribery
Category 12 - Has faced Brighton at some point in his career-

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
My category 5 pick has not just finished the top goalscorer in a top flight, but actually holds the record for most goals in a single Ukrainian Premier League season.

At the age of 25 he has won SEVEN league titles in two countries. 107 goals in 277 games is a brilliant record, especially for a midfielder.

It is Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Pyunik Yerevan
Armenian Premier League: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
Armenian Cup: 2009
Armenian Supercup: 2007, 2009

Shakhtar Donetsk

Ukrainian Premier League: 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13
Ukrainian Cup: 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13
Ukrainian Super Cup: 2012

Individual

Ukrainian Premier League Golden Boot: 2012–13
Armenian Footballer of the Year: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013
Ukrainian Premier League Footballer of the Year: 2012
IFFHS Most Popular Footballer Amongst Currently Active Players: 2012
Baltic and Commonwealth of Independent States Footballer of the Year: 2012, 2013

henrik-mkhitaryan_6.jpg

As it stands I'm leaning towards a 4-2-3-1 with wing backs who will push up to allow my wide midfielders a free role. (YES, I AM TAKING THIS A BIT TOO SERIOUSLY, WANNA MAKE SOMETHING OF IT?)

Keeper
Piszczek - Silva - CB - LB
CDM - CDM
Hazard - Rakitic - Mkhitaryan
Drogba​

As it stands:
Piszczek - Two league titles.
Silva - Played in 4 countires
Hazard - Played v Brighton
Rakitic - Never played at a world cup.
Mkhitaryan - Top scorer in a top flight.
Drogba - Over 31

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here