Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Current World XI Draft

Oct 25, 2003
My next pick is a bit of a goal machine finally fulfilling his INFINITE potential as a complete striker

the next addition to Team Turienzo is KLASS-JAN HUNTELAAR

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My next pick is a bit of a goal machine finally fulfilling his INFINITE potential as a complete striker

the next addition to Team Turienzo is KLASS-JAN HUNTELAAR

Damn it! - that was to be my next pick (doubted he would have lasted anyway and sadly i was right)

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Going for category 1
Made over 200 apps

Nemanja Vidić

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
The player I wanted as my 23rd pick is still available. I decided to save him as I'm not sure how many people would have heard of him. I'm now trying to see how big my KAHOONERS are, with two picks coming up. Do I risk him for another 38 picks, or pick him when my go comes around?!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The player I wanted as my 23rd pick is still available. I decided to save him as I'm not sure how many people would have heard of him. I'm now trying to see how big my KAHOONERS are, with two picks coming up. Do I risk him for another 38 picks, or pick him when my go comes around?!

Go for it, there's one particular player that I waited too long to get and now (slightly) regret it. It all comes down to; would you be annoyed to miss out?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think a team needs a first class manager. Managers can get the best out of players. They can turn rough stones into diamonds.

So, my manager is JOSEF "JUPP" HEYNCKES

Not only is his managerial record impressive beyond belief: he's managed in Spain, Portugal and Germany winning winning the Champions League twice with Real and Bayern. He's won the Bundesliga 3 times as a manger and four times as a player.

He was the top scorer in the Bundesliga twice with Borussia Munchengladbach and is that league's third highest scorer of all time with 220 goals.

This manager will teach my boys to bang the ball in the net.

220px-Jupp_Heynckes_2013-01-04_%28cropped%29.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION]

Category 5 states - obviously managers cannot be entered in to this category.

My manager has been top scorer in his career. Can he still be entered under this category? Just keeping my options open.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
If anyone's got time to refresh the picks list ?

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION]

Category 5 states - obviously managers cannot be entered in to this category.

My manager has been top scorer in his career. Can he still be entered under this category? Just keeping my options open.

Managers are judged by their managerial career, so unless your manager was top scorer whilst being a player-manager he wouldn't count

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Boooooooooo!

OK

I think if we do another draft after this one (which we could quite easily as I have a fair few ideas left) id go back to leaving managers out. Few people thought they'd be a good idea and whilst they've added an extra element of skill in to the game, they've caused a lot of confusion too.

If people are still keen for a 3rd draft one after this then as I said there's a few drafts that we could do:

All time England
1994-2014 Premier League
World draft 1960-2010
World Cups
Championship

I've also been thinking of a way to replace categories too, if people are still enjoying this by the end then we'll look in to a few ideas and see what others are thinking.

The fact that the people from the first draft has grasped the rules and have helped new players has meant it's been less of a strain on me so I'd welcome another after this... Not this will be finished anytime soon.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I think a team needs a first class manager. Managers can get the best out of players. They can turn rough stones into diamonds.

So, my manager is JOSEF "JUPP" HEYNCKES

Not only is his managerial record impressive beyond belief: he's managed in Spain, Portugal and Germany winning winning the Champions League twice with Real and Bayern. He's won the Bundesliga 3 times as a manger and four times as a player.

He was the top scorer in the Bundesliga twice with Borussia Munchengladbach and is that league's third highest scorer of all time with 220 goals.

This manager will teach my boys to bang the ball in the net.

220px-Jupp_Heynckes_2013-01-04_%28cropped%29.jpg

I thought it had to be current managers?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I thought it had to be current managers?

That's a great point - Heynckes retired when he left Bayern. Forgot about that. [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] will need to pick again

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
NOOOOOOOO!!!!

This is a disgrace!

I think he's managing his grandson's under 11 league on a Tuesday evening. Does that count?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
OK, if I am not allowed Jupp, then I will have to bag my keeper...

I draft MR TIM HOWARD

With 97 appearances under his belt, and he can score too!

tim-howard.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here