Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Current World XI Draft

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This was Jay's most recent team, showing the three categories left to be filled.

Category 1 - Has played at least 200 times for one club - Pellegrini
Category 2 – Has made over 70 International appearances - De Rossi
Category 3 - Has never played at a World Cup - Marcelo
Category 4 - Plays/Manages outside the “top 5” leagues - Ings
Category 5 – Has been the top goal scorer in a top-flight season -
Category 6 – Played football in at least 4 different countries -
Category 7 – Has been relegated during his career - Zamora
Category 8 – Has played in a Champions League Semi-Final/Final - Hummels
Category 9 – Is under 24 years of age - Neymar
Category 10 - Has won a league title with 2 different clubs -
Category 11 – Is over 30 years old - Totti
Category 12 - Has faced Brighton at some point in his career - Reina

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Pretend he's a Morris Marina and drop a piano on him? ???

That's it, no if there car fails they have to drive the Fiat Panda.

They are not the easist categories to fill - Totti could be moved to Top Goalscorer, just checked and he did it in 2006/07 which makes a over 30 gap which is easier

By my reckoning he needs a right back and centre back and a midfielder

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That's it, no if there car fails they have to drive the Fiat Panda.

They are not the easist categories to fill - Totti could be moved to Top Goalscorer, just checked and he did it in 2006/07 which makes a over 30 gap which is easier

Position-wise, what do we reckon he needs?

- Centre-back
- Right-back
- Central midfielder

If so, moving Totti to the Top Scorer category is perfect as you're not going to find a top scorer anywhere in those three positions.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

- Centre-back
- Right-back
- Central midfielder

If so, moving Totti to the Top Scorer category is perfect as you're not going to find a top scorer anywhere in those three positions.

I just edited my post, yes that's what I make as well

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What about the following:

- Emanuel Eboue (Right Back, Over 30)
- Christopher Samba (Centre Back, played in England/France/Germany/Russia)

Just leaves us needed a centre midfielder who has won 2 seperate league titles.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I just edited my post, yes that's what I make as well

- Centre-back
- Right-back
- Central midfielder

If I may suggest Sami Khedira as his central midfielder? Fills the 2 league title category quite nicely...

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
If I may suggest Sami Khedira as his central midfielder? Fills the 2 league title category quite nicely...

What about the following:

- Emanuel Eboue (Right Back, Over 30)
- Christopher Samba (Centre Back, played in England/France/Germany/Russia)

Just leaves us needed a centre midfielder who has won 2 seperate league titles.

Perfect!

If somebody could make him a formation picture that would be grand. I've got a job interview at 10, but I'll be home by 11 at the latest, and I'll get the voting for the sub-categories started when I get in.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Perfect!

If somebody could make him a formation picture that would be grand. I've got a job interview at 10, but I'll be home by 11 at the latest, and I'll get the voting for the sub-categories started when I get in.

I'm at work so unable to do the picture but good luck with the interview!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
OK once that formation is up for Jay I will put together the teams and preferred formations into FM (Managers may change the formations though of course) - give all players a clean bill of health and no suspensions from the start of the season, but can get injured and suspended during play.

I will create a reserve player template of 12's all round and then just copy this template each time - and have one for each position for each team (GK, CB, FB, CM, W, ST) - 6 for each team so 120 to make zzzzz.

Do people want to see each weeks round of games/scorers etc. and the table? In this thread? A seperate thread? Or just bore off Reinelt12 you are doing my head in?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
OK once that formation is up for Jay I will put together the teams and preferred formations into FM (Managers may change the formations though of course) - give all players a clean bill of health and no suspensions from the start of the season, but can get injured and suspended during play.

I will create a reserve player template of 12's all round and then just copy this template each time - and have one for each position for each team (GK, CB, FB, CM, W, ST) - 6 for each team so 120 to make zzzzz.

Do people want to see each weeks round of games/scorers etc. and the table? In this thread? A seperate thread? Or just bore off Reinelt12 you are doing my head in?

I think a separate thread is the way to go, though, as a point of interest, if you'd be able to send me the database (once built) I could run a parellel game, just to see what happens.

Yours would remain THE game, but it could be fun to see just how much everything varies.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
I think a separate thread is the way to go, though, as a point of interest, if you'd be able to send me the database (once built) I could run a parellel game, just to see what happens.

Yours would remain THE game, but it could be fun to see just how much everything varies.

Sure - no problem, you might want to tweak some settings to see how that changes things also!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Sure - no problem, you might want to tweak some settings to see how that changes things also!

One thought, will you be giving each of the teams the same reputation/background stats to start with as well?

I'm thinking chairman/fan loyalty and so on...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
One thought, will you be giving each of the teams the same reputation/background stats to start with as well?

I'm thinking chairman/fan loyalty and so on...

Yes - I will create a team with the top stats for reputation/fan loyalty etc. as a template, then copy that 20 times... will only have a manager, no board, no money, transfer embargo etc.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes - I will create a team with the top stats for reputation/fan loyalty etc. as a template, then copy that 20 times... will only have a manager, no board, no money, transfer embargo etc.

Great minds and all that!

I very much hope the next draft is something easily(ish) translatable into FM, creating random leagues/teams can be quite entertaining...you know, if you're into that sort of thing...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Reinelt12;6365758; said:
Do people want to see each weeks round of games/scorers etc. and the table?

All of that, but in a seperate thread.

Thanks in advance for your efforts on this.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Massive thanks to those running the simulation: fantastic idea! I just wish I'd put Ibrahima Bakayoko in my team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here