Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cup Final DVD is fantastic

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
TGC, you're a star. Completely forgot how great the old Grandstand build-up was to FA Cup finals. David Ike reporting from the Albion's hotel - no wonder we lost:angry: - the banter between Ron Atkinson, Jimmy Melia and David Coleman, it's absolutely brilliant.

I was only ten at the time, this vid has brought back so many memories.

And yes, I have been crying.

:blush:

I second that. Many many many many thanks. I'd never seen the build up stuff as we were standing outside the stadium in the rain waiting for the gates to open.....)

What happened to Sunday??. All I did was revel in all my yesterdays (and the bit when the whole North Stand erupts as Jimmy scored v Norwich and when we go two up v Liverpool. almost had me in tears. Could have been laughing tho at Ron Atkinson's comment of "That's just rank bad defending by Hansen" as TC tucks the second away.

But TGC- You're a star

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Picked up mine this morning.

Now gotta find time to watch 'em.

Respect TGC :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I've only seen the first disc but the quality is great.

Thanks for the memories TGC and thanks to Ernest too, for keeping his videos.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Carshalton Seagull said:
Many thanks TGC they are brilliant. Great to watch the Grandstand buid up for the first time having been at the match.

Again, many, many thanks!!!
Keep forgetting that so many people on here will have never seen the build-up. I was so gutted back then, cos went to Newcastle, Man City, Norwich, Sheffield Weds, but missed the Final itself, so the Grandstand pre-amble is all coming back now!

Thanks also to Ernest, sorry mate, keep forgetting the old footage is all down to you fella. We never had a video back then, so you must have been a modern man!! Make sure Dave Swaff gets a copy - he will love it!!

Jul 7, 2003
TGC - why not write the details for ordering down one last time and ask the mods to make it sticky for a few days?

Will save all that extra typing and give you more time to run off the next couple of hundred DVD's:lolol:

thedonkeycentrehalf said:
TGC - why not write the details for ordering down one last time and ask the mods to make it sticky for a few days?

Will save all that extra typing and give you more time to run off the next couple of hundred DVD's:lolol:

That's not a bad idea although I'm wary of having a sticky before I have the next batch done. I've done all the disk 1's for the next 30 already so Saturday remains a realistic target. Word of mouth might mean that more than 30 are needed but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yes, elc, I DO want one!! I'd love one as much as you like red wine.

This sounds great TGC, well done. And you Earnie, you tart.

I take it you will be having a different payment method?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here