[Albion] Crystal Palace v Manchester United - what do you want?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What result do you want?

• MAN UTD win

Votes: 126 72.4%
  • DRAW

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • PALACE win

Votes: 9 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I only want Palace to beat Chelsea & the totalitarian State sponsored clubs. Tbh though my enmity of those folks up the road is dissipating in the face of t’others who are far more deserving of my scorn. I still DELIGHT in the pantomime mind you. Goading Zaha is a rare treat 😃😂

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Strange, but i've lost my anti Palace mojo slightly.
They arent true rivals quite so much now
Where we seem to be getting to a higher level, they are slipping further and further behind us, and its getting to the stage that
they dont come into my thoughts so much now,
Always 2nd result i'd look for was the turds, now my 2nd result are the teams around us.
Palace have gone to the list of lower level Premier teams.
Still be nice if they went down though
Hate Mancs too boring 0-0 draw
Don't fall into the trap!!

Sell maccer and caciedo in the summer and we will sadly be very close to them again next season :(

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I want a Man Utd win, both teams to score - cos that's what's on today's acca! But a draw wouldn't surprise me.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Do you know the background to the word mong? It's a derogatory term for someone with Down's syndrome. I mention this as I remember someone else on this board using the word and not knowing this.
Apologies, I didn't and have edited the original post.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well, I'd like Palace to go down and replaced with some fresh blood. But I've read a lot of "Palace win please" this season so maybe people want them around. Fine with me really, just like some of the teams with 10+ years in the PL to go down.
Funnily enough, I think a lot of people on here have developed a bit of a soft spot for Palace, maybe realising we've got a lot more in common with them than some of the other monsters in this league. And the rivalry would be missed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The way things are going with us, why wouldn’t you want them in the same division? Playing your rivals is footballing lifeblood.
TBH if Palace went down I think I'd get over my grief pretty quickly in that respect

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
TBH if Palace went down I think I'd get over my grief pretty quickly in that respect
I would also recover my poise very quickly, mind you the utter joy I would derive from Chelsea, N'castle or City to go down would last way into 2024 (of course I know this will not come to pass).

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
United are playing well, i doubt come the end of the season we will be finishing above them. & with Palace's tough fixtures there's every chance they get sucked back into the relegation scrap. A United win for me.

el punal

The way things are going with us, why wouldn’t you want them in the same division? Playing your rivals is footballing lifeblood.
I’m not sure about that one. The games (results) against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd definitely are. The Crystal Palace fixture is horrible. Yes, you want to thrash them but the thought of them winning is awful. So the whole occasion is marred by nervousness where the result is paramount. I’ve been to enough Palace games, both home and away, since the 1970s to accept that you are shitting bricks to the 90th minute (unless you’re 3-0 up) hoping that you don’t concede if you’re winning or praying for a goal if you’re losing.

There after it’s bragging rights until the next time. A break from hostilities for a bit, with Palace being relegated, would do my old ticker the world of good. I’m probably in a minority of one here but hey-ho. :drink:

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
I want to see Palace getting an absolute stuffing, the same as every week (possibly with the exception of Chelsea at the moment).

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Imagine watching a game that Palace are playing in and actually wanting them to win!

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

I can only envisage this for me if we needed them to beat a team on the final day for us to make the top 7

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I’m not sure about that one. The games (results) against the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd definitely are. The Crystal Palace fixture is horrible. Yes, you want to thrash them but the thought of them winning is awful. So the whole occasion is marred by nervousness where the result is paramount. I’ve been to enough Palace games, both home and away, since the 1970s to accept that you are shitting bricks to the 90th minute (unless you’re 3-0 up) hoping that you don’t concede if you’re winning or praying for a goal if you’re losing.

There after it’s bragging rights until the next time. A break from hostilities for a bit, with Palace being relegated, would do my old ticker the world of good. I’m probably in a minority of one here but hey-ho. :drink:
Exactly, trading that for two matches against a promoted Palace replacement like Watford, SUFC, Burnley or Boro is a somewhat underwhelming prospect.
:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports