Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace Ultras rebranded

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
SOME of you fan base they are not BHA are they?

Ah the old plastics argument. So feeble minded. So wrong. Let me spell it out.

The real measure of a fan base is if they turn up for games or not. Ours do. Yours are starting not to and the number of absentees just keeps on growing. A plastic meanwhile is someone who, while they might have a replica shirt and watch the results on Sky Sports News doesn't go to games. The fact isn't that our current fan base aren't really BHA. The fact is that a great deal of yours aren't really Palace.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Your post would prove it obviously does .
And you would know others are still owed money from your dark old days,wouldn't you?
Your just another who gets brave behind a keyboard giving it the bollocks.Bwian

It really doesn't bother me- I simply despair at the number of times you mind numbingly boring, thick idiots continually resorting to your 'plastics' mantra. It is fantastic seeing you lot scratching around, looking for something to make you feel better as you watch us distance ourselves from your club at a speed that even we are amazed at. Live in the past as long as you like in your piss stained shit hole. The past is all you've got left. As for us owing money, of course I know all about it. The big difference is that it happened to us once, we didn't pay 1p in the pound, screw charities or the taxman. Our ultimate price for that was the loss of our ground whereas you lot carry on as if nothing happened, brag about how you have had the upper hand for years and continue to lose 5 Million a year. I think your 'plastics' rants only confirm how desperate you lot are.

We're putting in more seats-you lot are still struggling to get more than 9000 home fans. You're right, I have seen the light-how do I become a Palace fan? Apart from having a lobotomy that is.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
Why not go out and actually speak to the local community? You could get the marketing team to do a door-to-door survey to try and find out why they dont come to Selhurst, with the offer of 2 free tickets to those taking part in it. Posters and leaflets are impersonal and dont really work, actually speaking to people is the way to advertise the club.

Well the marketing "team" is Sharon and she's doing her best. At the Watford game we gave away thousands of free tickets locally.

Genius, so not only are they not getting more than 10k at home, thet are giving away thousands of them for free, bus to adminsitration anyone, next stop screw our creditors (again)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Well the marketing "team" is Sharon and she's doing her best. At the Watford game we gave away thousands of free tickets locally.

Giving away thousands of free tickets (schools , shops , local businesses etc) doesn't necessarily mean they all turned up :wink:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Why not go out and actually speak to the local community? You could get the marketing team to do a door-to-door survey to try and find out why they dont come to Selhurst, with the offer of 2 free tickets to those taking part in it. Posters and leaflets are impersonal and dont really work, actually speaking to people is the way to advertise the club.

No point - they are all living down here.

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
Truth is it's sad!

Palace play their home games at a museum situated in an ever expanding, non footballing community. Croydon, Londons largest borough, is surrounded by residents of sumptous Bromley, Sidcup, Orpington, Sutton, Epsom, Caterham, Warlingham, (yes and South Croydon) etc. - for whom a visit to Thornton Heath, Selhurst or Norbury is an utterly depressing experience.

The club is aware of this and is deperately seeking a solution. They would love to relocate but there's just no realistic site. They may redevelop, but then they'll always be settling for 3rd best.

In the meantime, they may sometimes present teams which can beat Albion, but the gulf between the clubs is now so huge that the banter between supporters it is no longer competitive.

The allure of the Amex is so strong that Albion fans would turn up in their droves to watch a tiddlewinks contest!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
This comment, from a Palace fan, was taken from one of their local papers which asked the question, "Why is Selhurst Park half empty when the team is playing so well?". it sums up what a lot of us on here think and also a few other Palace fans that I have known for some time believe: (They have a megaphone now!!!!!). Thank God we haven't resorted to this crap.

Clearly the current econimic client will be influencing attandances at most football clubs. But by far the greatest effect on declining attendances at Selhurst Park is the presence of the so-called Holmesdale Fanatics.

Groups of 'ultras' are completely foreign, literally, to English football and particularly to a traditionally family club like Palace.

The 'improved atmosphere' that you will find referred to on unofficial Palace fansites has been achieved at the expense of declining attendances.

Average supporters do not enjoy the experience of a man beating a drum throughout the match, together with a 'conductor' who appears to have no interest in what is going on on the pitch and the latest addition of said individual bellowing into a megaphone. Couple this with continuous monotonous chanting by a group of black-clad individuals, unrelated to the on-pitch action, and you have an alienating experience for many ordinary supporters.

The presence of this 'ultra' group has attracted the attention of the police, resulting in away supporters being permanently moved to the opposite end of the ground, retimed/re-arranged kick-offs and restrictions on the number of tickets available to away supporters for 'sensitive' games. Additionally, it has seen the errection of a steel wall outside the ground, for such games, to separate home and away support.

The owners of the club seem to be happy to encourage the 'ultra' element but seem to be unaware of the connection that the growth of this group has had on attendances at Selhurst.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here