Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace- do you want them to stay up?

Do you want the Palace to stay up / go down?

• Stay up

Votes: 52 24.6%
  • Go down

Votes: 159 75.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If palace get relegated, and the Albion have an adequate season, this place will be pretty much a palace free zone.

What's not to love.

Why the hell would you want your big rival to be in a league where they would be deemed as successful? Ask any man u fan if they'd like city to be in a lower Division and I'd bet most would love it.

No, i won't be satisfied until palace are in the Croydon league or whatever version of non league football they so richly deserve.

Fair point we must now compare ourselves with man utd fans:facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
To be fair, Hull don't deserve to be in the premier league after finishing a long way behind Brighton last season.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
To be fair, Hull don't deserve to be in the premier league after finishing a long way behind Brighton last season.

Sunderland 2 up.
Whatever you think of the play offs it is not right that the team that finishes 6th can go up to all the the PL gives.
I have no problem with league 1&2 play offs but not The Championship and I would say that if we finished 6th.
Maybe a play off between the team that finishes 3rd play the team that finishes 3rd from bottom of the PL would be better.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They wont go down. Too much complete turd below them and Chelsea and Arsenal screwing up sealed it unfortunately.

They have however had another dreadful season and must still be pound for pound the worst team in Europe based on money spent / PPG? And their stadium is a tottering wreck, and their "training complex" looks like a local cricket club fallen on hard times, and their youth teams play at Goals, and they have light shows and t-shirt cannons and Steve Parrish and faceless ownership in Delaware etc etc ........

There's still so much to laugh at.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
22 Apr 1957 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace D 1-1 Division Three (South)
23 Nov 1957 Crystal Palace v Brighton and Hove Albion W 2-4 Division Three (South)
22 Mar 1958 Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace W 3-2 Division Three (South)
01 Sep 1962 Crystal v Brighton and Hove Albion D 2-2 League Division Three

The game at the end is sort of known as the game that started the rivalry as Palace had just come down from the Top Flight,it was first game of the season and they had a large following.
Rubbish! In September 1962 we had just been relegated from Division Two and Palace had spent the previous season in the Division Three. Palace didn't get to the top flight for another seven years (and it took us rather longer!)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Rubbish! In September 1962 we had just been relegated from Division Two and Palace had spent the previous season in the Division Three. Palace didn't get to the top flight for another seven years (and it took us rather longer!)

I WAS GETTING CONFUSED 1962 was the SNOW? ? ? game-YES IT's Rubbish-been looking after a 10 month old baby all afternoon and morning (on my own-on top of going to bed at 2am last night) sorry for shouting !!!! :lolol:

As our Palace friend said earlier-it was 1974.....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Get relegated. But I don't think they will sadly.

Even if Hull win today and beat them next week, I don't see Swansea getting the 7 points they need to overtake Palace.

Nobody saw Newcastle getting the same to take the title either...........yet. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here