Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal palace beamback

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've got a ticket for Palace and I object to this.

IF you are going to do it. IF! Then I insist on the following...

All furniture to be removed and replaced by rotten wooden furniture
Cold air to be pumped into the east stand
The toilet floors to be awash with horse urine
At the final whistle everyone to be kept in with no food or drink for 45 minutes at least
All those attending to be marched to Falmer station en mass, stopping every 50 yards for 15 minutes

These should be the minimal conditions![/
QUOTE]Sounds to me as you would rather stay at home.....

I remember when we lost 5-0. Took an hour to be marched to the station in the rain. Then a police horse pissed on my mate. That was the most entertaining part of the day.

This year I travel in expectation. i.e. I will at least steer clear of horses.

Jan 30, 2008
With them opening up at 12.30, people are going to be "well oiled" when the main event comes up, and depending on how the game goes, things could get boisterous !

Not the kind of situation I'd want to be looking after little-uns. How old are they ?
boisterous ???........... you mean people shouting at a TV monitor :facepalm:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm with Simster on this. Been a couple of times to Palace - and I have left on both
occasions thinking who's the mug here mug for paying money to be treated like
a ******ing animal.

Bollocks to the Croydon trip.....It'll be a treat to sit and watch it at the AMex.

Jan 30, 2008
Its not like the club are under any obligation to try to arrange a live beamback of the game, so why should they have to justify anything ? If they manage to get permission then there will clearly be costs involved in laying this on for what will be a relatively limited audience.

£15 doesn't strike me as being overly excessive, but If you think the club are ripping you off by charging it, then give it a swerve. No biggee is it.
under no obligation but just felt the need to for some reason :facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008
I'm with Simster on this. Been a couple of times to Palace - and I have left on both
occasions thinking who's the mug here mug for paying money to be treated like
a ******ing animal.

Bollocks to the Croydon trip.....It'll be a treat to sit and watch it at the AMex.
need people like you :wrong:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Exactly Simster.....

Das reich.....I travel up and down the country with the Albion.....
somehow you equate missing the sh*te we get in Croydon with
being a poor fan. I really do give up.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Just booked two tickets for the Beam Back, will be nice driving to Amex, parking, enjoying the game with other fans in the warm & comfort of our own amazing stadium, then 10 minutes back home, wicked, really looking forward to it :amex::albion2:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
You're in your 40s too now aren't you? You're not a whipper snapper anyhow. Surely you can understand that some people can't be arsed with the excessive nonsense involved in a trip to that dump?

I'm nearly 30 and thought twice about going this season before caving in and getting a ticket in the mild hope we can pull off a win or a decent draw. Just so much hassle that I really can't be bothered with anymore. Add to that hundreds/thousands of gobby little shits (from both sides) walking around impersonating Danny Dyer whilst hiding behind policemen. Looking forward to Blackburn away far more

Jan 30, 2008
You're in your 40s too now aren't you? You're not a whipper snapper anyhow. Surely you can understand that some people can't be arsed with the excessive nonsense involved in a trip to that dump?
don't agree myself , but he said he's been a couple of times hardly a die hard is he ?

Jan 30, 2008
Just booked two tickets for the Beam Back, will be nice driving to Amex, parking, enjoying the game with other fans in the warm & comfort of our own amazing stadium, then 10 minutes back home, wicked, really looking forward to it :amex::albion2:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
boisterous ???........... you mean people shouting at a TV monitor :facepalm:

under no obligation but just felt the need to for some reason :facepalm:

You do love a facepalm don't you.

Yes, boisterous as in people shouting at a TV monitor. Probably loud and boozed up and jumping about, and I will almost certainly be one of them. Which is fine, its all part of the fun. I'm just not sure it'd be a place for U10's, but then I don't own any, so not my problem.

Dunno what you're on about with the second comment tbh, but I'll raise your (now obligatory) :facepalm: with a :rolleyes:

You and The Rev should get together. What a conversation that would be.

Jan 30, 2008
You do love a facepalm don't you.

Yes, boisterous as in people shouting at a TV monitor. Probably loud and boozed up and jumping about, and I will almost certainly be one of them. Which is fine, its all part of the fun. I'm just not sure it'd be a place for U10's, but then I don't own any, so not my problem.

Dunno what you're on about with the second comment tbh, but I'll raise your (now obligatory) :facepalm: with a :rolleyes:

You and The Rev should get together. What a conversation that would be.
Rev and i are telepathic no need to bother :thumbsup: , sorry you couldn't catch on to the second :facepalm: .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can see that it would be a rather sanitised experience, and wouldn't give [MENTION=11191]Das Reich[/MENTION] and his mates their chosen complete football experience.

Perhaps if they put the match on 4 of the screens, and played Green Street on the other one, that would improve it for them?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to have a huge Heart v Head battle until the tickets are sold out.

Jan 30, 2008
i can see that it would be a rather sanitised experience, and wouldn't give [mention=11191]das reich[/mention] and his mates their chosen complete football experience.

Perhaps if they put the match on 4 of the screens, and played green street on the other one, that would improve it for them?
i thought football today was all about sanitisation :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Having bought tickets for the game the nearer it comes the more I dread it, will be arriving around 2 ish and just going to the ground, experience the inevitable kettle coming home then drink when back at my local.

I think this may well be the last time I bother

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here