Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Currently being linked with Bafétimbi Gomis/Fraser Forster (no chance), Rhodes, Cresswell, N'Zonzi and Scott Dann with Wilfried coming back on loan.
There is firm interest in all of those but bigger clubs with more money will be after all of them too.

Cresswell's the left back at Birmingham? If he's who I'm thinking of then he'd be a good signing - who have Palace got playing lb at the moment?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Palace fans have been asking themselves this for a couple of years now. An absolutely phenomenal player in the center of the pitch. Whether Palace stay in the Premier League this season or not, Milé will easily find himself another top flight club (as will Ward and Chamakh)
Is that the same Chamakh that Palace fans were slagging off at the beginning of his start for you...we know how good the 'Flying Elbow Jedi' is and I'm sure you will escape the drop...if you don't make it...beware of years trying to get back up again....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
No, no it isn't the point. I know at least two STHs who are spurs fans but live in mid Sussex so, when our new stadium went up, bought STs as an investment for when Brighton go up to plat "proper" teams...they don't bother going most weeks...the harrowing drive from Ditchling or Hassocks being the issue!..

QUOTE]

Whisper it quietly but I know an Albion ST holder who is (gasp) secretly a Palace fan. He takes his two kids along as they support their local team.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Cresswell's the left back at Birmingham? If he's who I'm thinking of then he'd be a good signing - who have Palace got playing lb at the moment?

Left back at Ipswich. Got 10 assists so far this season. Would probably cost about £5m due to the length of his contract.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Whisper it quietly but I know an Albion ST holder who is (gasp) secretly a Palace fan. He takes his two kids along as they support their local team.

From BBS:

Originally Posted by sir_minty* View Post
As said by others before i like the ticket policy. I understand frustrations of others but I rather this than suffer the rival fans in home end that we had to endure the last time around.

However i fully understand and appreciate every solution has it potential fall backs.

A charlton fan i know relished in telling me 4 man utd fans at his work all bought palace season tickets. I guess if you have the dosh you can exploit any system.

The ST holder I sit next to is clearly not a genuine Palace fan. He must be in his late 20's but knows nothing of our history (even basics from last season) and refers to us as "they".

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I would go to watch Palace but watching Brentford is a lot cheaper if you're between 60 and 65. The Bees still have the codger threshold at 60.

And I prefer standing legally.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Currently being linked with Bafétimbi Gomis/Fraser Forster (no chance), Rhodes, Cresswell, N'Zonzi and Scott Dann with Wilfried coming back on loan.
There is firm interest in all of those but bigger clubs with more money will be after all of them too.

Funny that Zaha has made it well known that he does NOT desire a return to Croydon. The others?...good luck with that mate. Also if Pulis thinks he can tempt Ulloa to shithurst...well, let's say he'll be a wiser man in February.

Your scouts need to look further than the other end of the A23.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No, no it isn't the point. I know at least two STHs who are spurs fans but live in mid Sussex so, when our new stadium went up, bought STs as an investment for when Brighton go up to plat "proper" teams...they don't bother going most weeks...the harrowing drive from Ditchling or Hassocks being the issue!..

Well I never, a Palace fan who cares enough about his kids, that he is not prepared to take his kids to Selhurst and risk the NSPCC charging him with inflicting mental cruelty on them. Good on him.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Funny that Zaha has made it well known that he does NOT desire a return to Croydon. The others?...good luck with that mate. Also if Pulis thinks he can tempt Ulloa to shithurst...well, let's say he'll be a wiser man in February.

Your scouts need to look further than the other end of the A23.
Can't be arsed to post much anymore, but your "fact" about Zaha is untrue.

He is in Croydon every weekend in nightclubs. He wants to come back home.

The fact that he is pissing around every weekend is the reason why Moyes does not want him returning to Palace, or joining Fat Sam or Fulham.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

The fact that he is pissing around every weekend is the reason why Moyes does not want him returning to Palace, or joining Fat Sam or Fulham.

I understand that, I am sure you are busy talking to all your new found rivals in the Prem now that you one of the big boys of football, who do you consider your rivals to be now, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs. I bet you have loads of banter with these guys on your boards?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well I never, a Palace fan who cares enough about his kids, that he is not prepared to take his kids to Selhurst and risk the NSPCC charging him with inflicting mental cruelty on them. Good on him.

There is a manager where I work who does the same. I don't think he's been to Selhurst Park for years but is a regular at the Amex.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Wow. What a pro. No wonder he's doing so amazingly well at his new club.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Probably more a question of not wanting his kids to be beaten up in the payground for being "different". That is, supporting a Premiership team like their Dad does. I think it's more cruel trying to get a young kid to sing "Sussex By The Sea".. "when was that in the charts, Daddy?"

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Yes. Because a return to the Jesters wouldn't be career suicide would it? You sign for Man United, immediately stay at Palace because you need "developing" join your new club to great fanfare, shag the boss's daughter (allegedly) don't get a game because you're shit then go back to where you started to join a futile struggle against the inevitable demotion.

Bet his agant is advising him to do just that.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I understand that, I am sure you are busy talking to all your new found rivals in the Prem now that you one of the big boys of football, who do you consider your rivals to be now, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs. I bet you have loads of banter with these guys on your boards?

Back in the early 1970's deffo Chelsea. Especially after that thug "Chopper" Harris broke our leftback's leg in a cynical challenge at Stamford Bridge the first season. But then dirty challenges do seem to have a habit of inflaming rivalries...

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Yes. Because a return to the Jesters wouldn't be career suicide would it? You sign for Man United, immediately stay at Palace because you need "developing" join your new club to great fanfare, shag the boss's daughter (allegedly) don't get a game because you're shit then go back to where you started to join a futile struggle against the inevitable demotion.

Bet his agant is advising him to do just that.

I will link you to an article that disproves everything you have said, wait while I edit it :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here