Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Edna likes One Direction. :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Ah yes, the famous Sky TV money that worked so well in August for you.

It must be like being the ugliest man in the world, standing next to One Direction, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Bradley Cooper, Ryan Gosling & Robert Pattinson, & then begging a load of beautiful girls to marry you.

The only one who's going to accept your proposal is the one who all the others have turned down and who needs a bit of cash to keep her in spray tans (or the fat one who looks like Heather from EastEnders after a particularly rough night on the tiles).

In effect, you are the footballing equivalent of Brad Pitt's sloppy seconds.

The problem with that analogy is that the ugly rich man often gets the pretty girl

article-2139835-028F00C4000005DC-290_634x511.jpg

Last edited:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Which one's? Palace Groupon 2 for 1 in the championship - true, 13000 midweek gates in the championship - true, 14,000 for us with 3000 away fans - true. Now in the top like, 24,000 suddenly appear - true. Palace "your flexible friends"

What about having bigger away attendances than you last season and obviously this one too? After all, they're considered to be the real fans (which you are not anymore these days).

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
In effect, you are the footballing equivalent of Brad Pitt's sloppy seconds.

Quite - but you're nobody at all. We might not be able to compete with Man City or Arsenal for signings, but you can't compete with us which makes it all fine by me.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Quite - but you're nobody at all. We might not be able to compete with Man City or Arsenal for signings, but you can't compete with us which makes it all fine by me.

Until May, or rather with the transfer window, until Jan 31st.

The sands in the hourglass are running low.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Until May, or rather with the transfer window, until Jan 31st.

The sands in the hourglass are running low.

I think you'll find Palace will be strengthening far more than Brighton will in January, which will only serve to widen an already rather large gap between our sides.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Only us real uber fans attended withdean...we are also amazed where all the "new fans" have come from. Maybe their only other game was the playoff final.

Lights blue touch paper and retires a safe distance so WCP can **** himself to death.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think you'll find Palace will be strengthening far more than Brighton will in January, which will only serve to widen an already rather large gap between our sides.
I wonder if you lot have paid all the small companies you lot screwed over yet? as your such a massive club and all.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
PLR, funniest thing I have ever heard :D

Maybe if you had been PLR you might have saved yourselves the embarrassment of your transfer policy and Holloway might not have had to call it a day. PLR might be a bit of a shite term but nothing wrong with the thinking behind it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Kerching. As long as you throw as much money as possible at a failed attempt to stay up, everyone is a winner - except the jestermen, obviously.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

What- eleven places? :)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We both know it's quite a bit more than that :p :clap:

Unfortunately for you, it's looking more and more likely with every game that passes that Palace will be a Premier League club again next season.

Disagree. You're away to most of your relegation rivals in the second half of the season. Down in April.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
What about having bigger away attendances than you last season and obviously this one too? After all, they're considered to be the real fans (which you are not anymore these days).

Don't like getting involved with you little boys 'our willies are bigger than yours' but you are incorrect sir, Brighton had a larger away follow than you last year and the past few years, sorry to correct you. I am not trying to prove any points, but just saying......

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/71/bd/0,,10794~179569,00.pdf

So to be fair we have real fans, so do you, why cant you lot just accept the fact that all club fans are the same, some good, some bad, some plastic, some that play drums, some wear masks, some wave clackers, some hold up coloured boards. We have more fans that you at the moment as the whole product is better, the ground, facilities etc, I know no Prem football, but personally not worried about that, just want to see my team playing well in a nice environment and that is not having a go at the facilities at Selhurst, you know how bad they are and if your board have any sense they will do more than put some cladding over the walls. So come on all of you, just accept that there are no real differences as we just follow our teams. would be better if they did not come on each other message boards and put up stupid comments.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Ah yes, the famous Sky TV money that worked so well in August for you. .

The signings in the first 3 months looked poor, I'll give you that. But players like Bannan, Chamachk, Guedioura, Puncheon, Mariappa, Gayle and Jerome have really stepped up in recent weeks and all look lower half Premiership players now. So given this, it seems to me that the real problem was Holloway and his dodgy tactics/lack of motivational skills. We are now a different side and in with a decent shot of survival under the very competent management of Mr Pulis.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Disagree. You're away to most of your relegation rivals in the second half of the season. Down in April.

Hull, Norwich, Stoke, West Brom and Villa all still to play at home. Yeah, good one...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here