Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Crystal Palace are definitely staying up. Definitely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a load of rubbish. I don't see how anyone could look at both squads and suggest that Brighton would have more than a handful of players able to get a place in a Palace matchday squad.
It would seem the palace and Brighton squads are similar in strength (and weakness) though not in the same positions.

It's almost as if they finished 2 places apart last season and have both strengthened since.

Or is that too rational an opinion?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They don't seem to be making too bad a fist of it at the moment.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
At last! City 1 - 0 Palace

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
It would seem the palace and Brighton squads are similar in strength (and weakness) though not in the same positions.

It's almost as if they finished 2 places apart last season and have both strengthened since.

Or is that too rational an opinion?

Both have strengthened but to different degrees. Chamakh, Puncheon, Bannan etc. are of a significantly higher calibre than anything available in the Championship. In addition, Ward and Jedinak have shown that they are easily good enough to play in the Premier League every week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Both have strengthened but to different degrees. Chamakh, Puncheon, Bannan etc. are of a significantly higher calibre than anything available in the Championship.
:facepalm: dream on.

Don't spoil it by snapping the olive branch.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Palace are playing very well by the sound of it, in spite of the goal. It's our biggest nightmare come true and no mistake. I finally understand what it's like to be an Ipswich Town fan. I'm just going outside and may be some time.

Dec 29, 2011
Both have strengthened but to different degrees. Chamakh, Puncheon, Bannan etc. are of a significantly higher calibre than anything available in the Championship. In addition, Ward and Jedinak have shown that they are easily good enough to play in the Premier League every week.

Your phone must get excellent reception at the Etihad. Get your eyes off your phone and watch the game!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Palace are playing very well by the sound of it, in spite of the goal. It's our biggest nightmare come true and no mistake. I finally understand what it's like to be an Ipswich Town fan. I'm just going outside and may be some time.

Know the feeling , haven't watched any highlights(!) of the Pulis era yet mind - guessing it's not stylish tippy tappy.

But unfortunately it's working for them (as things stand)

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Your phone must get excellent reception at the Etihad. Get your eyes off your phone and watch the game!

Or maybe he is like me and could not be arsed going all that way. I do not agree with everything he has said though

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
A win by 2 goals will take Sunderland out of the bottom 3 and put Palace back in it.

Hull City 6 - 0 Fulham

Indeed, it's all up to Sunderland now.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
77% possession by Man City 23% Palace. Yeah, right.

Possession means nothing with Pulis' style of football. Man City are always going to have most of the ball at home. Had you watched the game you'd have known that Palace played extremely well, had the same amount of shots on target as City and but for a few stunning saves from Hart would have gotten a deserved point.

For reference, possession stats:
2-0 win over Cardiff : 44%
1-0 win over Villa: 35%
1-0 win over West Ham: 37%
1-0 win over Hull: 38%

Hmmm, that must be comforting.

Joe Hart got City MoM today. Of course it's comforting to go to the best team in the division and consider yourselves unlucky to lose 1-0 (the best result any side has had at the Etihad all season). Palace are staying up whether you like it or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here