Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace advertised for sale in Financial Times

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I'm just trying to think of who i'd find as the funniest new owners that we could laugh at forever.Tangoman however will take some beating.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Shall we have a whip round?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Could we get Tony to dig deep and find the cash? We will need a London feeder club and training HQ.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Included is freehold to stadium ? Thought that was split and sold away by Noades ?
or is that lawyers talk in being different to the 'Ground' or something?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Included is freehold to stadium ? Thought that was split and sold away by Noades ?
or is that lawyers talk in being different to the 'Ground' or something?

It was purchased from Noades by a company that has now gone into administration with debts of up to £500m.

It is available for sale, but from a different source - PriceWaterhouseCoopers in this instance. So, purchasing CPFC will not guarantee you the ground. You would have to go to the different vendor.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
It was purchased from Noades by a company that has now gone into administration with debts of up to £500m.

It is available for sale, but from a different source - PriceWaterhouseCoopers in this instance. So, purchasing CPFC will not guarantee you the ground. You would have to go to the different vendor.

LLoyds bank are involved in both cases and are keen to help by the sounds of it.

This was posted on a Palace site by Andrew Pellham MP.

"Fellow Palace fans might have read in the “Croydon Guardian” that I have been in contact with Lloyds Banking Group to clarify their intentions over the future of Crystal Palace FC. After I had a talk with Lloyds I received the correspondence set out below.

Dear Andrew

Good to talk to you yesterday and I hope I was able to clarify Lloyds Banking Group's position. As I said, the placing into Administration of Crystal Palace Club by the Hedge Fund, Agilo, was not something we wanted; we sought to avoid it in discussions with the Club and with Agilo over December and January but it was something Agilo could do and they chose to do so on 27th.

We very much recognise the downside for the Club and Crystal Palace supporters of Administration, not least, as you identify on your website, because of the FAPL 10 points deduction rule.

It would be in everyone's interest if Crystal Palace could emerge from Administration as soon as possible, with a viable commercial future.
That is something Lloyds is very willing to help work towards.

Your website asks fans to encourage Lloyds to consider a solution that involves both the Club itself and the ground at Selhurst Park. In principle we would be keen to look at this, if it would help.

As discussed, the Club and the Selhurst Park ground are under two different Administrations. I know that you appreciate that by law, we must maintain a strict separation between how we approach one and the other, unless both Administrators consent that we could consider a joint solution involving both sets of assets. If there were anything you or the Club could do to encourage such consent to be forthcoming, that would be welcome. You said that you were seeking to contact the Administrators.

To be clear, Lloyds Banking Group very much wants to see a viable, commercial future for the football industry. Crystal Palace occupies a special place in the affections of many in South London and if we can play our part in finding a sensible, commercial solution that enables Crystal Palace to have a sound future, then we would be both happy and proud to do so.

That would be a good definition of why Lloyds does banking: to help realise people's ideals. We are willing to work hard with the Club and the other creditors to achieve this.

Do please feel free to contact me at any time if you need our help. This issue is really important and we want to help work it through to the right result.

With Kind Regards

Dominic

Dominic C B Morris CBE
Director, Group Public Affairs
Lloyds Banking Group"

Palace Petition - Crystal Palace FC Supporters' Website - The Holmesdale Online

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do they owe Lloyds a shitload of money by any chance?

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
LLoyds bank are involved in both cases and are keen to help by the sounds of it.

This was posted on a Palace site by Andrew Pellham MP.

"Fellow Palace fans might have read in the “Croydon Guardian” that I have been in contact with Lloyds Banking Group to clarify their intentions over the future of Crystal Palace FC. After I had a talk with Lloyds I received the correspondence set out below.

Dear Andrew

Good to talk to you yesterday and I hope I was able to clarify Lloyds Banking Group's position. As I said, the placing into Administration of Crystal Palace Club by the Hedge Fund, Agilo, was not something we wanted; we sought to avoid it in discussions with the Club and with Agilo over December and January but it was something Agilo could do and they chose to do so on 27th.

We very much recognise the downside for the Club and Crystal Palace supporters of Administration, not least, as you identify on your website, because of the FAPL 10 points deduction rule.

It would be in everyone's interest if Crystal Palace could emerge from Administration as soon as possible, with a viable commercial future.
That is something Lloyds is very willing to help work towards.

Your website asks fans to encourage Lloyds to consider a solution that involves both the Club itself and the ground at Selhurst Park. In principle we would be keen to look at this, if it would help.

As discussed, the Club and the Selhurst Park ground are under two different Administrations. I know that you appreciate that by law, we must maintain a strict separation between how we approach one and the other, unless both Administrators consent that we could consider a joint solution involving both sets of assets. If there were anything you or the Club could do to encourage such consent to be forthcoming, that would be welcome. You said that you were seeking to contact the Administrators.

To be clear, Lloyds Banking Group very much wants to see a viable, commercial future for the football industry. Crystal Palace occupies a special place in the affections of many in South London and if we can play our part in finding a sensible, commercial solution that enables Crystal Palace to have a sound future, then we would be both happy and proud to do so.

That would be a good definition of why Lloyds does banking: to help realise people's ideals. We are willing to work hard with the Club and the other creditors to achieve this.

Do please feel free to contact me at any time if you need our help. This issue is really important and we want to help work it through to the right result.

With Kind Regards

Dominic

Dominic C B Morris CBE
Director, Group Public Affairs
Lloyds Banking Group"

Palace Petition - Crystal Palace FC Supporters' Website - The Holmesdale Online

Interesting reference to "FAPL"...

The letter does what all banks seem to do...lots of words to say nothing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here