Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crying over football/sport

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nearly cried at the Goldstone in the 70s when I was busting for a leak at half time and saw how long the queue was (and obviously the smell of the Chicken Run bogs would make you cry anyway).

Lol! Did anyone ever take a dump at the Goldstone I wonder? The sheer smell of the urinals made me avoid taking a pee unless desperate never mind a no.2. This may need a new thread to discuss...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The thing is, that's not really crying over football or sport. It's crying over years an years of hard work and stress finally coming to fruition. That's very different to people crying because their team has been relegated or has won the cup.

True. I've never cried at being relegated. There are far worse things in life.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Lol! Did anyone ever take a dump at the Goldstone I wonder? The sheer smell of the urinals made me avoid taking a pee unless desperate never mind a no.2. This may need a new thread to discuss...

I suppose someone might have chanced it in the West Stand seats but beyond that.... doesn't bear thinking about.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The thing is, that's not really crying over football or sport. It's crying over years an years of hard work and stress finally coming to fruition. That's very different to people crying because their team has been relegated or has won the cup.

Agreed the opening of the Amex was only a tiny part about football. It was about overcoming loss and coming out of a very dark tunnel; it was about comradeship, sacrifice, hard work and mutual support. It was about remembering the efforts of people who had given large parts of their lives towards making sure that Brighton and Hove Albion FC, for over 100 years a part of the fabric of Sussex, would continue to be so - and would have a future that would surpass anything that had gone before. (Although weirdly at the opening of the Amex I wasn't as emotional as I thought I would be)

Individual matches or even seasons aren't worth getting upset about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here