Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crowdfunder - Newport County v Brighton

jamiencafc

Jan 4, 2021
I understand the situation lower league clubs are in but with Newport and their numerous cup runs and live TV showings, why are they so desperate to start a fund? I am sure in one of the early cup games, it was said that the crowd and TV money will fund them for 10 years. So, what's happened other than covid?

Edit: presumably players wages...

We're a club that turnover a couple of million a year. In our last years accounts we made a profit of around 900k (the first profit we've made in years). This definitely eases financial pressure for a couple of years but sadly not 10. In my eyes as a fan owned club, we still have to still do our bit to help ease that burden.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I've taken this on board and added a £2 option
Any chance to add PayPal as a payment....makes things a lot easier. I will still donate a fiver if you cant but will wait a couple days. Like posters have already mentioned on here we benefited from fans all across the world when we were nearly down & out let's hope our small contributions help you out. Well done to The Geordies too for contributing so much on your last fund raising effort.....good luck*

* let us win the footie game though eh?:)

jamiencafc

Jan 4, 2021
Any chance to add PayPal as a payment....makes things a lot easier. I will still donate a fiver if you cant but will wait a couple days. Like posters have already mentioned on here we benefited from fans all across the world when we were nearly down & out let's hope our small contributions help you out. Well done to The Geordies too for contributing so much on your last fund raising effort.....good luck*

* let us win the footie game though eh?:)

I'm afraid it gives me no option regarding payment types. So it must just be a crowdfunder thing that they don't accept paypal.

I agree with your sentiment though, that all donations at a club of our level are vital.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
I'm afraid it gives me no option regarding payment types. So it must just be a crowdfunder thing that they don't accept paypal.

I agree with your sentiment though, that all donations at a club of our level are vital.

Fair enough, will donate through another method.

Cheers & good luck

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
£5 done and the very best of luck.

D

Deleted member 2719

Your story is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. Sod Newport and it’s unworthy football team. They won’t be getting any of my money.

It's funny what people can read into things when they want to, in times like these I won't be giving to any football teams, there is more to life than football right now. Of course, I would not like any club to go pop (barring Pompey), but there are a zillion clubs struggling at the moment.

But my cash goes in the Cancer, Dementia and any local charities at present.

Has anyone asked Sir Lewis Hamilton, I have heard he has a very quid knocking about???

We will put you down as a maybe :)

That would be fence and I think you probably know fences are not my thing.:hilton:

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I wonder how many of the matches will actually go ahead, with all these Covid infections amongst players.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Have the price of a pint on me,best of luck. We could do without a repeat of our last visit to Rodney Parade though!!

jamiencafc

Jan 4, 2021
We've just hit the £3000 mark.

I just want to say a massive thanks to all the Brighton fans. You've donated enormously and may have even outnumbered our own fans. We hit £3070 in 2 weeks for our Newcastle game, so to have done over 3k in 24 hours is incredible.

You're a credit to your club. :bowdown:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I understand the situation lower league clubs are in but with Newport and their numerous cup runs and live TV showings, why are they so desperate to start a fund? I am sure in one of the early cup games, it was said that the crowd and TV money will fund them for 10 years. So, what's happened other than covid?

Edit: presumably players wages...

Well yes but that doesn't mean they don't need to do anything for 10 years. I'm sure they have ambitions of rising higher up the pyramid for example (don't get too high though its not all its cracked up to be!). Plus I'm sure when that statement was made I'm sure they weren't anticipating what is looking likely to be a year with little to no money through the gate.

I'm going to make some assumptions here which may be massively wrong but I expect a lot of Newport's support are season ticket holders and that revenue probably comes in throughout the summer. I'm guessing cup games aren't included so therefore everyone through the gate would have been a paying punter. We are a premier league club albeit not a very glamorous one so you'd think it would be close to if not a full house. That is a fair chunk of dough when think about missed gate revenue, food and drink, programme sales, advertising etc etc.

Good luck to em I say.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Nice to see Darren Balkham has chipped in £20 & left a comment (he's no PC Beard though, obvs) :clap2:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Donated, thanks for the heads up.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006

I just want to say a massive thanks to all the Brighton fans. You've donated enormously and may have even outnumbered our own fans. We hit £3070 in 2 weeks for our Newcastle game, so to have done over 3k in 24 hours is incredible.

We think ourselves we have an ' entitled ' percentage of fans who have delusions of grandeur but we also have a large following from the difficult time at our club who have experienced the real lows of following a club..skint, homeless and bottom of the league. We know what it is like and lots of fans from across the world helped us......we have a big debt to pay and its nice to help in a small way other clubs in difficulty. Lets hope the money keeps rolling in for you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Newport fan in peace here (who set up the crowdfunder).

Thanks for the loan of Ben White also, he's a superstar in the making and I'm proud we had a part to play in his development!

Thanks,
Jamie

WHOA there, Jamie. Just hang right on.

You can cut out that stupid nonsense right now.

We have had it explained to us very clearly, that neither Newport, nor indeed the Albion, played ANY part in the development of young Ben White, who was in fact a league two clogger, with two left feet, before Saint Marcelo Bielsa turned him into Bobby Moore, with one magical wave of his wand.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Not bad for a club who some of your fans thought wasn’t ‘glamorous’ enough when we were drawn against you in the FA Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here