Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd vs Walsall under 5,000

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
According to Harty on SCR. I'm an STH but I think ticket prices MUST be cut.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
That's f***ing shocking.

We truly are a lower league club with a very poor fanbase.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
That's f***ing shocking.

Absolute crap.You tell me how many more clubs playing at withdean in our division would be getting the gates we get paying the prices we do?.I know so many people who will go when we get Falmer who have hardly ever set foot in withdean.As long as the prices are sensible it will be a totally different situation.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Absolute crap.You tell me how many more clubs playing at withdean in our division would be getting the gates we get paying the prices we do?.I know so many people who will go when we get Falmer who have hardly ever set foot in withdean.As long as the prices are sensible it will be a totally different situation.

which surley makes the pricing system absolute crap?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What do you think is 'sensible'? There's no way on earth a seat at Falmer will be any cheaper than a seat at Withdean.

Agree totally i don't doubt Falmer will be dearer than the Withers - i've always been sceptical about teh potential crowds at Falmer - but only time will tell.

But tonight let's be honest bonfire weekend has just gone and people have spent up, Champions league on TV. Walsall are hardly Leeds or Forest. One of them things. Until we get success we will struggle with gates - Brighton is not a football area full of londoners etc.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Yep, time to do something drastic. That's 400 lower than our worst EVER crowd at Withdean. I don't care how low the prices have to go, just get 7,000 people in there each week to create a bit of atmosphere. The SILENCE tonight was embarrassing. Surely even selling the FOUR THOUSAND empty seats for a pound would be better than this?

I don't think if all seats were a tenner it would have been near full tonight - people just aren't intrested and with Falmer on teh way people will just wait till then.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
which surley makes the pricing system absolute crap?
I agree the pricing is crap but i dont agree with his thread about us having a shit fanbase.Its the complete opposite.Every thing about Withdean stops people from going not just the prices.
I would like to think the club will be sensible with ticket prices for Falmer though.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's all very well saying the club should give away tickets for empty seats, or flog them for a fiver or whatever. But that provides a disincentive for those who currently pay full price to buy tickets in the normal way. You would completely destabilise the revenue from gate receipts because effectively you would be devaluing the price of all tickets.

I don't know much about economics, but I know what I like. Or something like that.

eastie

Jul 24, 2007
not a working mans game anymore.
Cant afford it to go myself let alone the kids as well.
Now watch Non League for under a tenner

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
people need to get over themselves, we will get low crowds when:
a) its bloody cold
b) champions league is on
c) familys are already saving for Xmas pressies
d) prices are what they are
e) Withers is a shithole
f) Park & Ride takes too long

We are not the lowest supported team in this deivison and anyone who thinks we should be getting 8000 every game needs a reality check...or maybe just visit withdean themselves!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
guessing the stoodent offer didnt really work tonight either?

was this down to the fact stoodents cant be bothered to go, or a complete lack of advertising by the club?

bondray

Feb 11, 2006
That's f***ing shocking.

it may be shocking but given the state of the ground not suprising. i had a mate go to the luton game (i was working) it was his first time in the away end and told me he would not go back, and as the tickets are so high i have to pick and choose which games i go to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here